Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Group riding - the DVD...

Bike
    ST1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf
    right... someone send me a copy and I'll copy and DIVX and whatsit the whole thing. PLEASE
    I've got the guy's email address at home and I am happy to contact him on Monday to get (in black and white):

1. Exactly when it is going to be available from their website and

2. What methods of informal distribution they are happy with in the meantime.

That way we can be sure we don't breach any rights they want to maintain over mass distribution - e.g. IF someone were to go the next step and host a DIVX copy on the web say, that might not be cool with them. (Then again, it might).

I am happy to check and report back.

If someone wants to say "STFU newbie and crawl back in your hole" now is your big chance.

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplicatioNZ
    I've got the guy's email address at home and I am happy to contact him on Monday to get (in black and white):

1. Exactly when it is going to be available from their website and

2. What methods of informal distribution they are happy with in the meantime.

That way we can be sure we don't breach any rights they want to maintain over mass distribution - e.g. IF someone were to go the next step and host a DIVX copy on the web say, that might not be cool with them. (Then again, it might).

I am happy to check and report back.

If someone wants to say "STFU newbie and crawl back in your hole" now is your big chance.
    cool. cheers for that... will be great. Let me know how you go... I might even host a DivX on my server... if they would allow. (would limit it to NZ's IP range thou)

My thinking is that as follows

1.) you are not dealing with Hollywood here. ACC didn't make the DVD to make money. And in fact... ACC is not for profit right?
    2.) it is interesting to see how Hollywood's acts have affected the spread of public safety information and education material when its produced by a government org for the good of the people

Join the EFF I say (Electronic Frontier Foundation) www.eff.org
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    Honda Magna 750 - go Black Betty
    Hey

Have PM'd application. Am waiting for details so I can post DVD :-)
    Was pretty standard stuff but good to go over again.
    Worth the watch.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    The best way to ride in groups, is to avoid them, altogether.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    ST1100
    Hi All,

This is what I got back from Peter Denton from the ACC yesterday which clarifies the copyright situation:

The DVDs are likely to be made available either later this week or early next week.

We have made a limit of one copy of the DVD per order. (This was really just to prevent someone from ordering a heap and selling them off!) People are welcome to order copies on behalf of others and there are heaps of copies so it is probably not necessary to copy the DVD if you can obtain an original. However there is no restriction on copying the DVD if people want to. The ultimate intention of ACC and the people who put the DVD together is to get the information out to as many motorcyclists as posible to help to prevent injuries.

If a person wishes to create a digital copy and host it for others to download, that's fine. However it would be appreciated if an acknoledgement is made of where it came from.

Regards
    Pete Denton
    Looks like they will be easy to get hold of quite soon (from http://www.rideforever.co.nz ).

Thanks heavenly.talker for forwarding me a copy! I got it yesterday.

Bike
    Honda Magna 750 - go Black Betty
    Thanks heavenly.talker for forwarding me a copy! I got it yesterday.

Welcome
    I was wondering if had turned up yet
    I've finished okay...there are no last words of wisdom...it's time to pull your pants up and go home!

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    anyone feel like fowarding me a copy?
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I've got a copy down here in Christchurch too just incase anyone here is interested.
    (i just noticed Biff in Rangiora does too).

Bike
    ST1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf
    anyone feel like fowarding me a copy?
    PM your address Zapf and I'll pass it on.

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    PM your address Zapf and I'll pass it on.
    Just got one from ACC today

It'll be a 633Mb Download... anyone want it?

Bike
    Honda F4i
    I'd take it ... but the maximum upload of UBS now days is only 128kb ... that means you can only send it at 10KB/s = 17 hour download. + I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people with unlimited broadband bandwidth so people may get capped ... is there any chance I can just ride around and pick the DVD up, so I can burn it to the Harddrive and then return it ... I'll only be like an hour?
    I wave to every biker I see.

Bike
    Honda F4i
    BUMP Anyone on the "NORF SURE" mind if I ride around to grab it? I can burn it to HD and have it back to you within an hour + I can throw in a free CD with GR (final ride) or a whole bunch of uponone mpeg I've burnt. PM me please
    I wave to every biker I see.

Bike
    2008 Street Bob
    so who is the last person with the DVD and how can I get my hands on it? I'm on the shore and can pop round to someone's house and pick it up and then drop it off a day or two later if you like. Anyone?
    I ride the dirt, I ride the tide
    I search the outside, search inside
    I know I'll always burn to be
    Remind me of what left this outlaw torn
    ~ The Outlaw Torn (Metallica: Load 1996)

Bike
    Superman's Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawtorn
    so who is the last person with the DVD and how can I get my hands on it? I'm on the shore and can pop round to someone's house and pick it up and then drop it off a day or two later if you like. Anyone?
    someone posted about this on the 22nd of november about why ask if you can have it sent to you when the acc will send you one for free within a week of submitting the order on the website
    Whats that star?, its the deathstar, what does it do?, it does death!

Bike
    2008 Street Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by deathstar
    someone posted about this on the 22nd of november about why ask if you can have it sent to you when the acc will send you one for free within a week of submitting the order on the website
    Thanks for that Deathstar, I went onto the ACC website and couldn't find anywhere to place the order, must I phone in? Does anyone have a telephone number for me?

Thanks
    I ride the dirt, I ride the tide
    I search the outside, search inside
    I know I'll always burn to be
    Remind me of what left this outlaw torn
    ~ The Outlaw Torn (Metallica: Load 1996)

Thread Information