Thread: GB400TT exhaust??

Bike
    haven't got one yet

GB400TT exhaust??

Hey Guys,

i want to change my exhaust for a stubbier reverse cone but i am struggling to find one that will fit. I thought i had a standard exhaust but maybe i don't!

the internal diameter of my muffler and outside diameter of my exhaust is 68mm which is quite big compared to anything i can find on the internet. is it because someone has welded on a bigger pipe to make the exhaust i have fit? there is a smaller pipe inside that is about 40mm i have attached pictures for you to see?

Am i going to have to cut the outer pipe off?? pictures attached - Sorry some pictures are upside down

cheers in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161010_185825.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	761.8 KB 
ID:	325027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161010_185833.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	763.1 KB 
ID:	325028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161010_185857_001.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	736.2 KB 
ID:	325030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161009_165001.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	870.5 KB 
ID:	325029  

Bike
    bike sold :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by jake8wilko View Post
    Hey Guys,

i want to change my exhaust for a stubbier reverse cone but i am struggling to find one that will fit. I thought i had a standard exhaust but maybe i don't!

the internal diameter of my muffler and outside diameter of my exhaust is 68mm which is quite big compared to anything i can find on the internet. is it because someone has welded on a bigger pipe to make the exhaust i have fit? there is a smaller pipe inside that is about 40mm i have attached pictures for you to see?

Am i going to have to cut the outer pipe off?? pictures attached - Sorry some pictures are upside down

cheers in advance
    the header pipe on your bike is not standard, from the photos it looks like the muffler is standard still. There should be a collector box under the engine sump not the two into one junction that your bike has. the reason the pipe inlet to the muffler is so big is that it was the exit pipe size from the standard collector box. have a look at this page you can just make out the collector box under the engine http://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/to...s-honda-gb400/ get a new header pipe made up to suit the muffler entry it will make a huge difference to how well the bike runs as the current header is a cobbled together piece of shit and will not be helping the exhaust flow.

Thread Information