Thread: Importing exhaust help

Bike
    2005 suzuki rm125

Importing exhaust help

Hi guys I have a 2007 suzuki boulevard c90t
    I recently purchased a cobra exhaust system paid and shipped a week later I get a email from amazon where I purchased the pipes saying I have been refunded because the size of the package was to big for international shipping
    So my question is has anyone imported a exhaust and how do I go about doing this
    TIA

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazykiwi View Post
    I recently purchased a cobra exhaust system paid and shipped a week later I get a email from amazon where I purchased the pipes saying I have been refunded because the size of the package was to big for international shipping
    So my question is has anyone imported a exhaust and how do I go about doing this
    TIA
    Strange. I have cobra exhaust on m109r so cant be impossible. Your just going to need try around.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2005 suzuki rm125
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Strange. I have cobra exhaust on m109r so cant be impossible. your just going to need try around.
    Yea I thought it was strange aswell I've emailed another site to see if they can ship to nz but there pipes cost more but that's OK if they can get it here
    I've also looked at some nz company's that can get it here but the cut off seems to be at 150cm length
    And can't seem to find anywhere in nz that sell pipes for my bike

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Amozon won't do them internationally due to the reasons provided.

There are other suppliers like Dennis Kirk or http://starcycle.com or Revzilla that will ship international.

It will potentially be expensive... Dennis K will be expensive on shipping but you may find a set of 'close out' pipes on their site really cheap for your bike which off-sets shipping. Revzilla offer flat rate to NZ of $35 but check if that covers exhaust!

Alternatively you can set up a freight forwarding USA address via NZ Post or a site like Shipito.com (I use them) and have Amazon deliver to the USA then they will forward - again DO YOUR HOMEWORK on shipping costs as they can be expensive.

Also - expect them to be loud .... if they offer a quiet baffle order it. There is USA loud and NZ legal .....

ALSO - there are a couple of good pipe makers in NZ worth checking out first as they make be economical and sort you something a bit different - Custom Chambers and Neptune spring to mind.

Bike
    2005 suzuki rm125
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Amozon won't do them internationally due to the reasons provided.

There are other suppliers like Dennis Kirk or http://starcycle.com or Revzilla that will ship international.

It will potentially be expensive... Dennis K will be expensive on shipping but you may find a set of 'close out' pipes on their site really cheap for your bike which off-sets shipping. Revzilla offer flat rate to NZ of $35 but check if that covers exhaust!

Alternatively you can set up a freight forwarding USA address via NZ Post or a site like Shipito.com (I use them) and have Amazon deliver to the USA then they will forward - again DO YOUR HOMEWORK on shipping costs as they can be expensive.

Also - expect them to be loud .... if they offer a quiet baffle order it. There is USA loud and NZ legal .....

ALSO - there are a couple of good pipe makers in NZ worth checking out first as they make be economical and sort you something a bit different - Custom Chambers and Neptune spring to mind.
    Thanks for the info
    Yes I know shipping will be expensive was $300 for shipping at Amazon I've herd the cobra slashdown are loud but you can get quiet baffles for them and I'm pretty sure they come with baffles I did look at nz post to get sent to a usa address then to nz but there limit is at 150cm long so I'm thinking the pipes would be to long
    Also looking at getting some made still researching that part

I will have a look at the company's you mentioned tho havnt herd of them
    Thanks for the help

Bike
    2005 suzuki rm125
    Just had a look at revzilla they don't ship exhaust international either

Bike
    R100GSPD

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Also nz customs will charge you gst plus one off cost for having to charge .....
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I think MR Motorcycles sells cobra parts.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    A Red German one.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazykiwi View Post
    TIA
    I imported a whole system for a Triumph Daytona. My seller in the USA, Ridersdiscount, took care of everything. It arrived in less than 2 weeks and was very well packaged.

All they did was send me a PayPal invoice which I paid via PayPal. Absolutely no stress.

At the NZ end I did not even have to pay anything this end. Although a subsequent purchase of a Muffler for another bike incurred import duty and GST.

"No matter what bike you ride. It's all the same wind in your face"

Thread Information