Thread: Dr Pulley - AN400

Bike
    KTM530EXC

Dr Pulley - AN400

I just fitted some 19g Dr Pulley sliders in my Suzuki AN400. They alter the gearing is a clever way. The originals are round but the new ones have a different profile. It gets off the mark way faster and rpm is lowered at higher speeds. Maybe shoulda gone for heavier ones (23g) to get even lower highway cruising rpm but am quite happy. Except that, I didn't tighten the front pulley up enough and it came loose - had to push it back about 1km. Ouch. All sorted now. I hope.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    After 1 week of use:
    Take off is much faster. So much so that the belt slips a bit if I wind it up too much from take off on a steeper incline.
    Around town cruising is really leisurely and smooth.
    Highway cruising is much better. Used to do 100kph at 7000rpm. Now it is 6000 and feels really good. Now I wish I had got heavier weights as highway cruising would be even better.
    Also - the profile of the weights means that at certain speeds the bike speeds up without the revs increasing - just a bit. It is not linear. I am surprised they don't fit these things as standard.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Thread Information