Thread: Post Classic International Motorcycle Challenge

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando

Post Classic International Motorcycle Challenge

Racing at Hampton Downs this weekend.

The Post Classic International Challenge Organising Committee Presents: 2016
    SHORAI BATTERIES
    “Post Classic International Motorcycle Challenge”
    Hampton Downs Park Raceway - Labour Weekend, October, Sat 22nd & Sun 23rd 2016
    MNZ Permit Number: 16329
    The New Zealand Post Classic Racing Association in partnership with SHORAI NZ Ltd. is pleased to announce the 2016 Post Classic International Motorcycle Challenge.
    The event will take place over Labour weekend 22nd & 23rd October 2016 at the northern Waikato Hampton Downs Circuit building on the huge success of previous years. An open practice day for competitors hosted by Hampton Downs MotoHD will be held on Friday 21st October, see their website for details.
    Featuring 5 rounds of racing including the annual Australia v New Zealand Trans-Tasman Challenge Trophy and the recently introduced International Teams races it is an event not to missed by competitors, volunteers and spectators alike.
    The event as usual is the first round of the NZPCRA Gold Cup series for 2016-2017 and is committed to providing events for Pre63 Classics , Classic 70’s, Pre82 & Pre89 Post Classics, Sidecars BEARS & the recently created Pre 95 New Era Machines.
    The traditional welcome dinner will feature a Tribute to one of New Zealand’s greats , the (original) “Flying Doctor” – Roger Freeth , with numbers limited this will be a great social event not to be missed.
    A strong team is already expected from Australia, looking to avenge the narrow defeat by the Kiwi team during the first round held at the Sydney Motorsports Park, earlier this year.
    As fields are limited to 40 riders per event riders are urged to enter early to avoid missing out on this iconic meeting Entry forms are available for download at www.nzpostclassics.org.nz
    Spectator Entry is available for $15.00 per day or $25.00 for a weekend pass for what is recognised as one of the great weekends for motorcycle sport in New Zealand.
    The organising committee invites you to get your entry in, volunteer or get along to watch, and makes this a event to remember.

Post Classic International Challenge Organising Committee
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Racing at Hampton Downs this weekend.

The Post Classic International Challenge Organising Committee Presents: 2016
    SHORAI BATTERIES
    “Post Classic International Motorcycle Challenge”
    Hampton Downs Park Raceway - Labour Weekend, October, Sat 22nd & Sun 23rd 2016
    MNZ Permit Number: 16329
    The New Zealand Post Classic Racing Association in partnership with SHORAI NZ Ltd. is pleased to announce the 2016 Post Classic International Motorcycle Challenge.
    The event will take place over Labour weekend 22nd & 23rd October 2016 at the northern Waikato Hampton Downs Circuit building on the huge success of previous years. An open practice day for competitors hosted by Hampton Downs MotoHD will be held on Friday 21st October, see their website for details.
    Featuring 5 rounds of racing including the annual Australia v New Zealand Trans-Tasman Challenge Trophy and the recently introduced International Teams races it is an event not to missed by competitors, volunteers and spectators alike.
    The event as usual is the first round of the NZPCRA Gold Cup series for 2016-2017 and is committed to providing events for Pre63 Classics , Classic 70’s, Pre82 & Pre89 Post Classics, Sidecars BEARS & the recently created Pre 95 New Era Machines.
    The traditional welcome dinner will feature a Tribute to one of New Zealand’s greats , the (original) “Flying Doctor” – Roger Freeth , with numbers limited this will be a great social event not to be missed.
    A strong team is already expected from Australia, looking to avenge the narrow defeat by the Kiwi team during the first round held at the Sydney Motorsports Park, earlier this year.
    As fields are limited to 40 riders per event riders are urged to enter early to avoid missing out on this iconic meeting Entry forms are available for download at www.nzpostclassics.org.nz
    Spectator Entry is available for $15.00 per day or $25.00 for a weekend pass for what is recognised as one of the great weekends for motorcycle sport in New Zealand.
    The organising committee invites you to get your entry in, volunteer or get along to watch, and makes this a event to remember.

Post Classic International Challenge Organising Committee
    a fitting tribute would be at the very least getting Rodger Freeth's name spelt right..... oh and the dinners not on, it's a barbeque thingamy i beleive.

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Not too late to enter this either...

WANT TO WIN 1 of 10 FREE PASSES TO SHORAI BATTERIES POST CLASSIC INTERNATIONAL MOTORCYCLE CHALLENGE LABOUR WEEKEND?

Here is what you do.
    Go to Arsebook and follow their instructions (here)

The draw will be drawn on 18th of October 2016. Winners will be notified here on Post Classic. The pass is for one adult per pass.
    Remember to share it on public so they can check.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/599929986852249/
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Weather is good today, nice day for a ride to HD and watch the Classics,Post Classics, BEARS and Sidecars in action.
    At 12K plus a day track hire events like this need spectators thru the gates or their days may be numbered.

There will be lots of pics on Facebook as that where most of the motorcycle stuff is these days and its also being streamed on http://www.ctaslive.co.nz/Live_Timing.aspx.

https://www.facebook.com/rachael.cla...c_ref=NEWSFEED
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    a red heap
    Is this happening again this year?

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Is this happening again this year?
    Sadly I think its off the racing calendar due to rising costs, poor rider turn out and so on.

You have to wonder when we now have a great track on the doorstep and the CMCRR does one day there a year.

Even HMCC does not run its Winter Series there any more.

I suspect track days will replace racing as without paying spectators its an expensive and time consuming organisational

exercise.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Sadly I think its off the racing calendar due to rising costs, poor rider turn out and so on.

You have to wonder when we now have a great track on the doorstep and the CMCRR does one day there a year.

Even HMCC does not run its Winter Series there any more.

I suspect track days will replace racing as without paying spectators its an expensive and time consuming organisational exercise.
    Yeah mate it is sad,but its been coming for a while.(although best not to say, cos some will say you're a half glass full person). But hey,its fact.
    I saw this morning somewhere,about the 3 round Suzuki series Taupo,Manfeild and Wanganui. But no Hampton Downs, must have priced themselves out of the game?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I saw this morning somewhere,about the 3 round Suzuki series Taupo,Manfeild and Wanganui. But no Hampton Downs, must have priced themselves out of the game?
    not at all, despite the date for the suzuki series being constant for a few years when hampton downs changed ownership the weekend was taken by someone else, that's the way the series was last year too

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    not at all, despite the date for the suzuki series being constant for a few years when hampton downs changed ownership the weekend was taken by someone else, that's the way the series was last year too
    I stand corrected. But I bet the racers would rather do HD than Taupo ?
    The earlier post re costs for HD of 12 grand sound high,but then, I'm way outta touch?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    suzuki
    The earlier post re costs for HD of 12 grand sound high,but then, I'm way outta touch?
    why, there's a shit load more corners at taupo than hd, several track layouts and it's more central,
    it's a rare occasion that any of the auckland post classic riders are at any other track though
    $12 grand with 120 riders is $100 each, yip there's other costs but is travelling another four hours to taupo, spending one or two nights away when you don't need to if you live in auckland going to be cheaper?

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Plus you have to add in Ambulance, Marshalls, the possible H and S fees, timing, some bloke to yak on the tannoy... and so on.

Thread Information