Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I bought the SLOWEST bike in the world: SR400E

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Nah never do. They've all seen too many bad biker movies. "Life imitates artlessness." To quote Peter Egan.
    LOL

I am up to only about 250 km now - I went for another putter at the weekend between DIY and crap.

All I really want from it is to sound like a motorbike. With 23 hp it will not set the world on fire but it makes a literal whirring sound like SWMBO's sewing machine.

I know Cutstom Chambers have done pipes for them so I might give them a bell.

And yes I am conscious that I may need to get it reflashed (and whatever pipe I use has to have an O2 sensor port).

Still good fun and no buyers regret.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    LOL

I am up to only about 250 km now - I went for another putter at the weekend between DIY and crap.

All I really want from it is to sound like a motorbike. With 23 hp it will not set the world on fire but it makes a literal whirring sound like SWMBO's sewing machine.

I know Cutstom Chambers have done pipes for them so I might give them a bell.

And yes I am conscious that I may need to get it reflashed (and whatever pipe I use has to have an O2 sensor port).

Still good fun and no buyers regret.
    Trevor pierce Yamaha can adjust your ECU I believe if you change your exaust system. He can plug into it with his clever tricky thing from Yamaha. Hope this helps.
    flashg

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Is the O2 sensor in the pipe or header - usually the header. If so you can whack on any suitable muffler.

Cheapest option would be a Dunstall style jobbie like the link below - any bike shop can order them in (Budget motorcycles usually stocks them) - get the one that looks like the image - it has a removable internal baffle core so you can fuck around with it if you desire. Note the stock baffling material is shit, it's like a old mans favorite undies and blows out with a hundred or so kms - decent four stroke packing is required. I ran a set on my old 750 twin - nice. And I fitted one to a mates 650 savage a while back - repacked it - nice deep note. Instant 10hp on the old bum seat dyno!

Or splash out an order a sweet stainless one from the USA from cone engineering

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1184971636.htm

http://www.coneeng.com/motorcycle_components.html

Thread Information