Thread: Sv400s

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)

Sv400s

Hi all. Just wondering if the SV400S was ever sold in NZ, and if so, does anyone have any experience with them. I'm looking at a low mileage one here for just over NZ$4,300, complete with a spare bike without engine. Thoughts?
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    Hi all. Just wondering if the SV400S was ever sold in NZ, and if so, does anyone have any experience with them. I'm looking at a low mileage one here for just under NZ$4,400, complete with a spare bike without engine. Thoughts?
    Likely be a good learners bike.
    There was a 2000 one sold for $3500 with 30k if that helps compare prices.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Yes, that sounds about right. This one, low k's 2003. Big enough for here. I had a 115cc Yamaha and it was nearly big enough. The traffic in the city here is so thick you seldom get over 30km/h, and even the open roads won't stand more than about 80. For tollways you need nominal 400cc, eg 390 Duke is allowed.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I got my beady eye on one in Whangarei last week. Had to scratch my head for a wee bit til the penny dropped. Poor thing looks as if it's had a hard life. I spoke to the owner and he reckons it has been utterly reliable and is surprisingly quick. His rear tire would attest to that. Chewed to the edge.

4hundies have been big in Japan for eons, lots of super quick wee bikes have been produced. I fondly remember a test ride on a CBR 400rr, didn't buy it. I feared for my licence, it was quite mad.

Not sure about NZ Suzuki imports but they are obviously about and no doubt a great wee bike.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    There are a lot of Honda Super Fours here; took me a while to work out what they were.

Turns out they're a naked version of the 400 Bol-d-Or, some quite recent.

Thread Information