Thread: Cable parts suppliers

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650

Cable parts suppliers

All the control cables on my A7 need replacing (throttle, clutch, front brake, choke) and I'd like to DIY this if possible. Can anyone recommend a supplier for the cables and other parts?

To be clear, I'm looking for suppliers of bowden cables and accessories (ferrules, cable ends etc) not complete cables. AFAIK no one is making cables for this bike any more.

Bike
    The C**t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    All the control cables on my A7 need replacing (throttle, clutch, front brake, choke) and I'd like to DIY this if possible. Can anyone recommend a supplier for the cables and other parts?

To be clear, I'm looking for suppliers of bowden cables and accessories (ferrules, cable ends etc) not complete cables. AFAIK no one is making cables for this bike any more.
    r2enterprises do most of the cables but to my knowledge they are wholesale only...

Best to dig around on ebay and ali express, be alot cheaper to import the lot from one supplier.
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Bike
    TF125
    Melbar Cables of Lower Hutt are in that business.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Melbar Cables of Lower Hutt are in that business.
    +1 for Melbar, no point fucking around trying to DIY replacement when you can just send him your old ones to replicate.

Which reminds me, I need a shorter clutch cable on the 650...
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    HS Whites in Palmerston north have all that gear. Not sure if the motorcycle side is wholesale only but worth a call. They would be trying to get rid of it I would think.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Original look, or plain functional?

There are places: http://vintagekawasaki.com that do 'em - at a 'price'..

Jess: http://jessbikes.com - is less pricey & some of the early grey H1 cables are interchange with A7..

Are your outer cables still in good nick, with the adjusters & what not? If so DIY, why not..

Thread Information