Thread: Bmw s1000r

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

Bmw s1000r

I went for a ride today to Pataua north with the guy I bought my gixxer 750 from. On the return trip, he was keen for a nostalgic trip into town. Poor me, I had to ride his brand new BMW for him. Thankfully it has been run in so the restrictions have all been removed!
    Holy fuck! This is a hoon bike! So easy to ride and easy to ride quickly, plus the ergos suited me to a T. Smooth and powerful brakes and a good set of suspenders although I did have it bottom out horribly on one of the bridges. By the time we got home, mateys nostalgia trip had turned into a positive affirmation as to why he had moved up and he happily shoved the Gixxer key back at me. I told him I could fully understand why he had bought that bike.
    My wife is going to get sore neck muscles from shaking her head at me
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    S1000RR
    Nice bike innit! So which way did she nod? or

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Nice bike innit! So which way did she nod? or
    Well it started with the rolling of the eyes and the sluicing of the eyeballs. Think you can guess which way this is going?...
    But yes, it was a very nice bike, my mate commented on how old the gixxer feels now. Last month it was the bees knees, now it is todays fish and chip wrapper.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Well it started with the rolling of the eyes and the sluicing of the eyeballs. Think you can guess which way this is going?...
    But yes, it was a very nice bike, my mate commented on how old the gixxer feels now. Last month it was the bees knees, now it is todays fish and chip wrapper.
    How bad is the gixxer?

Im going to have some room soon.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    How bad is the gixxer?

Im going to have some room soon.
    I am loving the gixxer but was very spoilt riding the beemer. If you are serious about the gixxer, hit me up after summer, might be going back to one bike by then!

Bike
    It was on the good
    Will drag this thread back in to life. Anyone ridden the S1000R much?

Like the OP I have a GSXR750 and was sorely tempted by the BM his week when in the local shop. I need to save a few more pennies and work out how to tell the financial controller - I swung the 750 through arguing I was downsizing from an SV1000 ha ha. In the end though, while the GSXR is without doubt the best handling bike I have ever owned the BMW reminded me of that old truism that I was always told when growing up - there's no substitute for cubes.

Personally I am just worried about the longevity of all those electronic aids. Intermittent electronic problems do my head in.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Tell her you are buying the BMW for all the safety features

Bike
    XR650R
    good call on the bm's electrics, they seem to have multiple faults, I don't know why the euro brands don't just buy jap electrics and give up on their sub par stuff
    when I had to do callouts for roadside breakdowns , if it was a euro car , it was nearly always electrical related

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    it's all about getting you to go to the dealer to clear fault codes and pay $400 for an oil change

Thread Information