Thread: Moving to NZ from SA

Bike
    2015 BMW800GSA

Moving to NZ from SA

Hi all, I'm very fortunate, I'm currently living in SA and moving to Auckland in January, I've got a BMW800GSA which I would like to bring with me, I've tricked it out nicely and don't have to spend any money on her. Is it worth bringing it over or should I get something second hand when I get there?
    I'm so excited to live in your beautiful country......truly blessed!

Cheers

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Price it up bro, you are going to lose money if you sell and then pay a premium to repurchase the same when you are here? So if the shipping is reasonable, do it, then you will have a machine and gear you are familiar with. Where abouts in nz are you settling? Oh and I assume you mean south africa, not south australia?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2015 BMW800GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Price it up bro, you are going to lose money if you sell and then pay a premium to repurchase the same when you are here? So if the shipping is reasonable, do it, then you will have a machine and gear you are familiar with. Where abouts in nz are you settling? Oh and I assume you mean south africa, not south australia?
    Yup South Africa and I'm moving to Auckland, is BMW well supported in NZ, I don't want to be stuck if things go wrong either. T though of getting a thumper to start off with and then buy up after a while.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW800GSA View Post
    Yup South Africa and I'm moving to Auckland, is BMW well supported in NZ, I don't want to be stuck if things go wrong either. T though of getting a thumper to start off with and then buy up after a while.
    BMW (and any Euro brand) not as well supported as say, a Jap brand like Honda. However, you have dealers for BMW in the main towns like Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, Christchurch etc, plus smaller mechanics not part of the dealer network but still with plenty of experience in BMWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2008 R6
    Jo-burg to Auckland - that must be an easy switch. The hardest thing for you to adapt .... is not being paranoid every time you are at a set of lights.... or should a say "robot".

If you do ship your bike over, make sure it is extremely clean - i.e. showroom clean.

Enjoy NZ!

Bike
    Yo momma
    Never mind your bike, be sure to bring plenty of cash. NZ is a horribly expensive place to live especially day to day stuff.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Never mind your bike, be sure to bring plenty of cash. NZ is a horribly expensive place to live especially day to day stuff.
    Depends how much you earn really.
    Grow older but never grow up

Thread Information