Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1585

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Dear Vale. A total novice in this class, whipped your arse on last years bike. But 5th is good, over all. Honest. Over and out.
    Vale and Mav used the 2016 chassis today - Yamaha in a hole

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Vale and Mav used the 2016 chassis today - Yamaha in a hole
    Pity Zarco used it better then.

SOME FACTS ABOUT MARC MARQUEZ

– Marquez is the youngest ever rider to win four premier class World Championship titles, at the age of 24 years 254 days, taking the record from Mike Hailwood, who was 25 years 107 days when he won his fourth successive 500cc title in 1965.

– Marquez is also the youngest rider of all time to reach the milestone of six World Championships, taking the record from Valentino Rossi who was 25 years 244 days old when he won his sixth title in 2004.

– This is the sixth world title across all classes for Marc Marquez (4 x MotoGP, 1 x Moto2, 1 x 125cc); the only Spanish rider with more world titles than Marquez is Angel Nieto, who won thirteen world championship titles (7 x 125cc, 6 x 50cc).

– Marquez has stood on the top step of a podium on five or more occasions for the last eight years across the various GP classes, something achieved previously by only one other rider in the 69-year history of motorcycle Grand Prix racing: Giacomo Agostini.

– This is his fourth MotoGP™ title riding for Honda: the only rider who has won more premier class world titles riding for Honda is Mick Doohan, who won the 500cc title on five occasions.

– During 2017 Marquez has had more podiums than any other rider in the MotoGP™ class (twelve) and most pole positions (eight). He is equal on most wins with runner up Andrea Dovizioso (six each).

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    "Magic mark" at it again , did ya see him saving it on his arm and knee again ?
    Love his style,he's such a racer !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    "Magic mark" at it again , did ya see him saving it on his arm and knee again ?
    Love his style,he's such a racer !
    Indeed. Trying to win a race he didn't need to win as Simon Crafar put it.

Bike
    Scorpio
    Jorge Lorenzo has defended his tactics in the dramatic Valencia MotoGP showdown by insisting the repeated signals from the Ducati team were ‘suggestions’ rather than orders, and feels his approach “was the best thing to do for all.”

Sitting fourth in an engrossing five-rider duel for the lead, the Majorcan repeatedly received messages from his team – first via dashboard communication, then via pit-board – to move aside and allow team-mate and title hopeful Andrea Dovizioso, who was sat just behind, through.

Unlike the previous encounter at Sepang, Lorenzo said he saw all of the signals, but felt Dovizioso would benefit from his lead. In his eyes, he had the better pace of the pair, and could carry the Italian forward toward the leading trio of Johann Zarco, Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/887...encia-strategy
    What a bloke! I'll bet Gigi Dall'Igna is thanking Jorge for his selfless and clear-eyed dedication to Dovi's cause.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Badjelly View Post
    What a bloke! I'll bet Gigi Dall'Igna is thanking Jorge for his selfless and clear-eyed dedication to Dovi's cause.
    I don't actually doubt him.

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    If it had been Rossi holding up Marquez for a Dovi vistory we'd be signing his wiley praises.

But it isn't.

So fuck Jorge.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Will never understand the JL hate. Dude's a fucking machine and showed it last night throwing it all on the line to get a win.

With him and Dovi in the mix we will have 6 riders going for the title next year. Fucking bring it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...is it over yet, or set to start again?...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave- View Post
    If it had been Rossi holding up Marquez for a Dovi vistory we'd be signing his wiley praises.

But it isn't.

So fuck Jorge.
    What about if we were dumb enough to think MM was trying to help Lorenzo beat Rossi?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    What about if we were dumb enough to think MM was trying to help Lorenzo beat Rossi?
    Why not? Jorge was riding to pay back his gay Spanish mate for the help MM gave him at PI.

Don't choke on yer Steinnie

Anyhoo, this sums it up better than I can: http://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/did-y...-closed-again/
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Worse than the crash.net comment section you lot!

Anyone betting on a Olivera domination in Moto2 next year? Set to be a really good year with some exciting talent joining as well as some coming into maturity like Binder, so I hope he doesn't smash them and it turns into a shit fight to say good bye to the Honda screamers. Joan Mir will get a few wins no doubt, class act on a motorcycle. Oh and how good is the wildcard from VR46? Cunt can ride!

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Wow! What a season! I cannot believe it is over already! Personally I wish that it was a different racetrack they finish up on, just because that track is so hard to put a pass on.
    All I can say is Dovi is the consummate diplomat. the way I saw it, was Lorenzo was holding him up in the earlier stages - no question. Dovi burned his tyres trying all those different lines to get past. Would Dovi have won the race had MM crashed? - very, very unlikely.
    I tried hard to like Lorenzo this year, even started rooting for him to win one. However, in this last race he (imo) returned to type - a stinking turd. Sure ducati said it was all good after the race, but during it, I saw murder in the crews eyes, and fair enough. A credit to the team for putting on such a gracious face afterwards.

The right rider won the championship - no question. MM is peerless right now. I do worry for him though, 27 crashes this year. But man you cannot fault his bravery, pushing past the limit near every practice, then keeping it on two wheels every race, freaking phenomenal. Just hope his luck holds, would hate to see possibly the most talented rider to sit astride a motogp bike get permanently hurt or worse.

Not much to get excited about in testing this year with all the main players staying put in their respective teams. Roll on the 2018 season!

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    not me,and i say MM will win another title this year and MV will be in the running
    Yep. MM for number 4 in Moto GP. As long as Honda deliver the goods so he doesn't have to over ride it to win.

Rossi 2nd for the 3rd season in a row,

MV 3rd.

Lorenzo 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    That is a brave call there Crasher. I agree about first place though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how George adapts to the Ducati. He has a bigger adjustment to make than Iannone or Vinales.

While watching qualifying today the thought occurred that MM should be a good bet for next year - if Honda have been listening and their new engine is more manageable. If the new engine is still too brutal though, Rossi wouldn't be a silly bet for the championship.

Dunno why I'm worrying about next year, this season isn't over yet and it has been one of the most interesting in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I'm going with....
    MM
    MV
    VR
    DP
    AI
    Dovi
    JL
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I'm struggling to pick a top five in order. That's a very good thing in terms of entertainment, not great for TAB.

Marquez
    Vinales
    Iannone
    Rossi
    Dovi

I'm confident those are the correct riders come end of 2017, I have less faith in the order.
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    It pains me, but just to be different. I hope I am wrong...

MV
    MM
    VR
    DP
    CC
    JL
    AD
    AI

I would really like to see Crutchlow higher up.

And MM to be on the top would be what I'd like to see, sooner he gets to 9 championships the sooner Harris can fuck off about his boyfriend....
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Mm
    mv
    vr
    jl
    dp
    ai
    ad
    cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Granted, he may spend more time in the gravel than on the track. Good entertainment value though.

MM
    VR
    MV
    AI
    DP
    JL
    AD

PS:
    Quote from speights_bud

"And MM to be on the top would be what I'd like to see, sooner he gets to 9 championships the sooner Harris can fuck off about his boyfriend.... "

Could anyone handle another four years of Nick Harris?
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Listened to David Emmett speaking in a podcast last night. He was saying that the Yamaha is still probably the best bike on the grid when grip is good. If the temperature drops, or grip is reduced for any other reason, it loses its advantage. The coming season should be interesting, because unless something different comes to light over winter, the advantage will shift from make to make as conditions and tracks vary.

I note that the young Aussie Harry Lloyd, who briefly worked for Dorna but now does PR for Mahindra, is still doing commentary work on the side. He and Dakota Mamola cover the CIV races. Dorna are apparently training young commentary team talent.

MM
    VR
    MV
    JL
    CC

Or ?

A word of support for Crutchlow, his placing in the standings for '16 is misleading. Half way through the season he had scored very few points. His score in the second half of the season was verging on mammoth. If he carries on where he left off he will finish waaaay higher in the standings next season. If...

Thought I would go back and see everyone's picks for the title (those that I could find whilst skim reading), seems like everyone knew who would win it, most interesting point was not a single one of us placed Dovi anyway near the front let alone the main man to take it to MM. Well done all on backing the right horse though.
    I still maintain that if they'd kept the same tyre's throughout the year it wouldn't have been MM though, poor front tyre wouldn't have allowed it! How the other riders didn't realise they were voting to give MM a weapon I will never know!

Too soon to talk next year I think though, some fulla best get the 18 thread up!

Bike
    77 XL250
    I will put my hand up and admit that I couldn't predict what day will follow Wednesday. I did put real money on Dovi in the first race though.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Thread Information