Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    WTF? People go to watch a MotoGP race and the most important thing is free Wifi??
    Dunno about the spectators, but the journos do whinge about the outragious charges for the totally crap Net connection at some of the circuits. France is one such IIRC and some, who have the option, boycott it for that reason.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Dunno about the spectators, but the journos do whinge about the outragious charges for the totally crap Net connection at some of the circuits. France is one such IIRC and some, who have the option, boycott it for that reason.
    They're journos though. Their job is to get the news out and they need some sort of connection out (which they should be sorting themselves if they know it's shit at the track). The public is there to fill up seats, pay outrageous amounts for hot dogs + tee shirts and make Rossi/Marquez/Lorenzo/etc feel special so they do their job. A guaranteed great connection to Facebook/Twitter/Instagram etc isn't part of the ticket price.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A guaranteed great connection to Facebook/Twitter/Instagram etc isn't part of the ticket price.
    Aaaah but they need to be able to get their selfies out to a waiting world. Like that daft cow that Rossi hit with his scooter.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Nice abs on his Missus,and other things
    I hate to say it, but I think she looks quite hideous. The anorexic body builder with artificial tits look has never appealed to me. What a waste! But, hey it's her body and her life.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Aaaah but they need to be able to get their selfies out to a waiting world. Like that daft cow that Rossi hit with his scooter.
    It's a good thing that the public are kept well back from the track. Imagine how many fuckwits would affect the result of a race cos they were trying to get a selfie with a 200kph motorbike.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Various things
    It's a good thing that the public are kept well back from the track. Imagine how many fuckwits would affect the result of a race cos they were trying to get a selfie with a 200kph motorbike.
    Like when the Spaniards invaded the track when Creville may've beaten Doohan.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's a poor substitute for racing, but the GP teams are about to kick off their 2017 launches. They will be followed a couple of weeks later by the WSBK team launches.

Update: Yamaha have had their launch and I think Ducati was last night. Don't get excited about the pictures of the bikes, both Yamaha and Ducati have used 2016 bikes with their new paint jobs. Sure, it makes financial sense but it's all rather ho hum.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This interview was being mentioned on Twitter this morning. It dates from November '16 so why the current interest I don't know. It does make me wonder who left?
    http://www.cycleworld.com/american-m...eam-for-yamaha

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is much speculation as to what this is. On the new Ducati, Pirro says it's to carry his lunch. Referred to as "the salad box", nobody outside Ducati knows what it does. The fact that the exhaust has been rerouted around it tends to suggest it's permanent. Photo courtesy of Superbike Planet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	what3.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	328187  

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    There is much speculation as to what this is. On the new Ducati, Pirro says it's to carry his lunch. Referred to as "the salad box", nobody outside Ducati knows what it does. The fact that the exhaust has been rerouted around it tends to suggest it's permanent. Photo courtesy of Superbike Planet.
    I think it's to blank off some trick aero thing ma bob which they won't let anyone see until it's too late.

OR they've had to put something there that used to be somewhere else and they've filled that spot with some sort of thingy. The fact that they were testing one bike with wings on indicates they have something up their sleeve. Much excite!

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by Badjelly View Post
    I hate to say it, but I think she looks quite hideous. The anorexic body builder with artificial tits look has never appealed to me. What a waste! But, hey it's her body and her life.
    You and I are on different wave lengths then...I think that she is quite a hottie. I am fortunate to have a wife with a mid-line not too dissimilar and I can say there is very little body building or extreme diet control that goes into it....for her at least. A girl that knows how to keep herself in good physical condition and able to be functionally strong is a big attraction to me!

Another attraction would be for Stoner to get his ass back on a bike and race.... WAKE UP STONER...LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE!!
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Another attraction would be for Stoner to get his ass back on a bike and race.... WAKE UP STONER...LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE!!
    Hoping to see him race even as a substitute rider. Oh, how about this. Lorenzo does piss poor race half into season, so Gigi goes "Fuck this!" and chucks Stoner in the saddle.

Oooooh any guesses? If it's shielded with carbon then it must be something serious.

I say it's oil spray like James Bond's DB5.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Oooooh any guesses? If it's shielded with carbon then it must be something serious.

My money is on some sort of Beretta.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Hoping to see him race even as a substitute rider. Oh, how about this. Lorenzo does piss poor race half into season, so Gigi goes "Fuck this!" and chucks Stoner in the saddle.

I read Stoner's book over Xmas. I think it gives you a good insight into his character. Unless he runs out of money, can't see him wanting be a regular participant of the MotoGP circus.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thread Information