Page 26 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    No problems with Sky coverage.
    I didn't allow for the delayed start so the copying stopped on me,but I had got up to watch the big race anyway.
    Crutchless could've been top 5 so he bleated ??
    Little Zarco did great for a while. (I had predicted Tech 3 would have a better year).

ps don't forget WSB this weekend Aragon.
    CC is moaning about how he didn't get a choice about swapping the tyre... Hem hem... BACK YOUR TEAM!
    So both DP and MM were running the tyre, they both struggled, realised they were in the shit and chose to ride around it rather than binning it = Aliens.
    He's been in the Motogp a long time now and seems to have learned the least from it despite riding almost every bike on the grid at some point.

Anyways first rant over, beginning the next one

CRUCIAL, VERY VERY. CRUCIAL CRUCIAL, A LITTLE BIT WIDE...
    FFS does Harris and his off sider get paid extra for repeating the same words over and over again? Might just buy that Motogp pass to mute the fuckers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Zarco and Folger on the podium this season, they're showing some bloody good pace and aren't scared to dice it. Shame Zarco crashed but I do think the old heads would have prevailed, can't push a tyre that hard the early and expect it to survive the whole race.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1

Dear George

Even funnier than usual:

Dear George,
    I really should send you the Email I just got from Matthias in Germany.

But you don't know any German swear-words, so it would be pointless. And I cannot risk being hit by all the broken shisha pipes and busted chairs I see being hurled out of the smashed window of your motorhome.

Eleventh, George? Seriously? Eleventh? It wasn't raining.

I know you said it was. Franco and Loris even drove out and looked in case it was actually raining on the corners where you said it was, but they couldn't see any rain.

And no, I do not think finishing in 11th after starting in 12th is a "great improvement" and that you need a trophy for "Bravest, Best and Fairest". And no, we're not making up a sash for you to wear that says "Here is the Butter, putas!"

Jonas Fucking Folger beat you. Alex Rins beat you. Sure, it was their first ever race on a MotoGP bike, so it's maybe like you say "Beginner's Luck".

But Scott Redding and Jack Miller also beat you. And you don't even know who they are, even though you've been racing them for a while.

Jesus fucken Christ, George. Even Asparagus A managed to haul his shitty Aprilia into sixth, which you would not have seen because you were in 11th.

I'm thinking you'll be racing with those boys a lot this year. Which is why Matthias is so upset. He could have bought all of them, and Zarco, and given them all Ducatis and harems full of prostitutes for what he's paying you to come 11th.

Now keep the noise down. We have to go and have a few wines with Dovi. He came second. He is so happy and really quite pretty in his bridesmaid's dress. He even led the race for a while.

But that "Spanish traitor-puta" as you call him, won.

No, you don't want to know who came third. Trust me.

We're going to Argentina next, George. Yes, it does suck to be you at the moment.

Always hopeful,
    Gigi.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I loved that when I saw it. I hope George doesn't read it.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Zarco and Folger on the podium this season, they're showing some bloody good pace and aren't scared to dice it. Shame Zarco crashed but I do think the old heads would have prevailed, can't push a tyre that hard the early and expect it to survive the whole race.
    Watching Zarco was a little eerie. A lot to learn, obviously, he's in the big boys sand pit now but I couldn't help thinking about how well he managed tire wear in moto 2. That was a corner before he binned, sorry Johann.. The other thing that caught my eye was how smooth he was once he had a wee cushion, hitting that coin every time. I totally agree with the podium chances.

A very entertaining race for Quatar, my least favourite.

And no wonder #46 was happy. He must have been praying to all the Gods he could think of at the start of the race.

I predict many beers will be spilled this season and moto 3 may cause a heart attack for some fan. The rider position column on the left of the screen had wisps of smoke coming off it at times.

Bring on the MM / MV battle.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    With JL seemingly outa the frame for a bit while he adjusts, both Zarco and JFF are outside chances of a podium.

And like PecinoGP says, don't forget Pedro.

There seem to be more potential podium placers this year. Hard to say why it seems that way after all the different winners last year?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    It should be some season. So Suzuki only made minor changes. Yeah, right. I think Mav would have won just as easily if he'd stayed.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Hard to say why it seems that way after all the different winners last year?
    The bikes are getting closer, bit by bit. A comment on Sunday mentioned how much time Ducati have had with the current engine management software, everybody else is wiser, too. It may be homogenising the bikes but it's giving a lot of riders a lot of confidence. IMvery humbleO.

Speaking of which, electronics. How many manufacturers have had big mechanical breakthroughs in recent years? Wings and frippery don't count. Are the electronics being developed more than the bikes, they seem to get more press. Just a thought.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post

We're going to Argentina next, George. Yes, it does suck to be you at the moment.

Always hopeful,
    Gigi.
    What I find funniest of all about these posts...is that Whore Gay is a multiple times world champion with more millions than he'll ever know what to do with.

Doubt very much it'll ever suck to be him.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    The bikes are getting closer, bit by bit. A comment on Sunday mentioned how much time Ducati have had with the current engine management software, everybody else is wiser, too. It may be homogenising the bikes but it's giving a lot of riders a lot of confidence. IMvery humbleO.

Speaking of which, electronics. How many manufacturers have had big mechanical breakthroughs in recent years? Wings and frippery don't count. Are the electronics being developed more than the bikes, they seem to get more press. Just a thought.
    There's no electronics development going on now. Everyone has the same Magneti Marelli ECU that Ducati used to run, and all they can do is figure out the best way to program it.

It's nothing like what Honda and Yamaha used until 2015. In fact, the electronics on the latest litre sportsbikes is probably more sophisticated.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    . In fact, the electronics on the latest litre sportsbikes is probably more sophisticated.

I don't think that's the case.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    There seem to be more potential podium placers this year. Hard to say why it seems that way after all the different winners last year?
    Maybe pritch ? Last year we had all that fucked up weather and the tyre problems that brought on.

This year we have a few new young guns using good bikes , hopefully new winners for that reason ?

Qatar is not one of my favourite tracks but they throw heaps of money at it and its on the calendar for that reason.
    It'll be interesting how the season unfolds at other tracks.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 29th March 2017 at 08:06.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I know I'm late to the party! What a race though!
    I really thought Folger was going to do it, what a shit luck crash - very promising though!
    AI - more front end crashes to come me thinks.
    Maverick and Rossi went awesome, hoping Rossi keeps making progress and can keep the upstart in sight!
    Wow, that Honda looks ordinary in a straight line, must be hard for the Honda execs to watch the likes of Suzuki and even Aprilia giving them what for!
    OK Loranzo, no secret around here I'm no fan of his. however, he is off to the exact start I was expecting. Yes, when his confidence is up, and the bike is running perfect as per the Yamaha most always was - he is devastating, one of the very best. But as soon as the chips are down, so is his dick. He got beat by some class rookies and his team mate nearly won. He is a 3 time World champ, so no excuses chump.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Yeah, I know I'm late to the party! What a race though!

Wow, that Honda looks ordinary in a straight line, must be hard for the Honda execs to watch the likes of Suzuki and even Aprilia giving them what for!
    Yeah, I don't get this, it is not that many years ago the Honda was the fastest point and squirt bike out there and would drag anything off out of a corner and then only lose a bit at the top end compared to the Ducatis. So can HRC really not get its head around these simpler electronics or did they really do something daft to the engine? Now they say they have tried reverse spin and also big bang and it is still getting beaten so what's up?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    1995 Ducati 916 SP
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I don't think that's the case.
    You're right Drew, it's not.
    A good friend of mine is on the KTM team, from early development to now and he was previously with Honda for over 20yrs.
    I was chatting to him in January about the meaning of life and MotoGP, or, more specifically, KTM's path in that insane world.
    The KTM failed in that debut race last year because of sensors so we got onto the ECU discussion.
    One thing is clear ... they are nothing like anything us mere mortals can get.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Yeah, I don't get this, it is not that many years ago the Honda was the fastest point and squirt bike out there and would drag anything off out of a corner and then only lose a bit at the top end compared to the Ducatis. So can HRC really not get its head around these simpler electronics or did they really do something daft to the engine? Now they say they have tried reverse spin and also big bang and it is still getting beaten so what's up?
    I think it's a compound effect, they were already having issues prior to the software/tyre changes but had a couple of good riders able to work around it plus some of the best electrics on the grid.
    Now with the engine still aggressive and the fact they have had to go back to square 1 with their '17 engine they are struggling again.
    I'm not too concerned though as they managed to make it work ok by mid season last year, so the learning process should be shorter with the new engine. Jack Miller had one of his best dry race results so that means the bike isn't too bad I think, the problem is perfection is a moving target with the other teams improving all the time.

Thread Information