Page 35 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    That and he's never really showed any indication of adapting his riding style over the years to ride around problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He has adapted through the years. But not as fast as others.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    if Honda dont get their bike working MM maybe walking the pitlane for a new bike

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    That and he's never really showed any indication of adapting his riding style over the years to ride around problems
    I'm picking that his main problem is inability to communicate to the team just what isn't working for him - and why.

AFAIK he's never had to try and adapt a bike to his style, his best results have been on bikes that just happen to have been developed in ways that suit him.
    He seems to be a one trick pony. If the bike suits, conditions suit, tyres suit, off into the distance....

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    I have a vague idea...

I also had dinner with a friend in the states last year and in his lounge amongst other bikes was a new H2R, old H2R, a KR750, H1R, HIRW, TZ500J, RGB 500, KR500 (yes, sq 4...!) , TZ750 (with 2 more in the garage) and an ex Team Millar YZR500. Bastard! mention in Jan that he rebuilding a C589 Cagiva he has bought bones of.
    He brought the Ebay bike 55K it was a steal. For a works bike with a rebuilt engine
    The carbs are likely worth 20k Alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    He brought the Ebay bike 55K it was a steal. For a works bike with a rebuilt engine
    Not sure he did - I mentioned that bike but it seemed he found something else....

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Bullshit. ...

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I'm picking that his main problem is inability to communicate to the team just what isn't working for him - and why.

AFAIK he's never had to try and adapt a bike to his style, his best results have been on bikes that just happen to have been developed in ways that suit him.
    He seems to be a one trick pony. If the bike suits, conditions suit, tyres suit, off into the distance....
    I tend to agree, but I think it's a bit too soon to jump to conclusions. And what would I know?

I saw an article in the last few days (Motomatters?) in which one of the technical high-ups in the Yamaha team was expressing relief that they no longer had to adapt their bike to JL's extreme riding style. And I always thought it was the requirements of the bike that made JL ride that way.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Bullshit. ...
    One of the biggest problems for all the v4's was packaging of the carbs and the fitting of 4 throats into a space that is not much wider than a twin...

I believe Honda or Yamaha assisted Cagiva at one point by giving them some carbs from their works bike (they are a magnesium flat slide dual throat carb body which are not common!!) as they were really struggling.

Don't know if the link will work but check here or go to Facebook "Classic Cagiva racing"):
    https://www.facebook.com/ClassicCagi...type=3&theatre

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicCagi...type=3&theater

Bike
    Various things
    One of the biggest problems for all the v4's was packaging of the carbs and the fitting of 4 throats into a space that is not much wider than a twin...

I believe Honda or Yamaha assisted Cagiva at one point by giving them some carbs from their works bike (they are a magnesium flat slide dual throat carb body which are not common!!) as they were really struggling.

Don't know if the link will work but check here or go to Facebook "Classic Cagiva racing"):
    https://www.facebook.com/ClassicCagi...type=3&theatre

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicCagi...type=3&theater
    Yeah appreciate that. But even if some docile cunt wanted to pay 20k for a set of mag body carbs, they'd need their head read. Was lucky enough to have been at Eastern Creek when Old Johnny Boy won on the Cagiva. Still one of THE sexiest bikes of all time I reckon.

Bike
    Yeah appreciate that. But even if some docile cunt wanted to pay 20k for a set of mag body carbs, they'd need their head read. Was lucky enough to have been at Eastern Creek when Old Johnny Boy won on the Cagiva. Still one of THE sexiest bikes of all time I reckon.
    Sometimes you don't have a lot of options when you are creating a bike that is worth $200k at the end and you want it to run.....(spoken by a man who spent $10k on a set of cases so I had a $70k bike that wasn't static display only...!)

You need to go visit Phillip island's Museum then - a doz 500 Cagivas lined up....Including weirdo Jonny's

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badjelly View Post

I saw an article in the last few days (Motomatters?) in which one of the technical high-ups in the Yamaha team was expressing relief that they no longer had to adapt their bike to JL's extreme riding style.
    Something like this?

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...erick-s-secret
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    Sometimes you don't have a lot of options when you are creating a bike that is worth $200k at the end and you want it to run.....(spoken by a man who spent $10k on a set of cases so I had a $70k bike that wasn't static display only...!)

You need to go visit Phillip island's Museum then - a doz 500 Cagivas lined up....Including weirdo Jonny's
    Lol. I hear ya. I'd pay some quite silly money to get the correct clutch cover for my SR I must say. Yep. Seen the display at PI.

Bike
    Lol. I hear ya. I'd pay some quite silly money to get the correct clutch cover for my SR I must say. Yep. Seen the display at PI.
    When were you there? it's only been on since late Jan. Though I did have photos on facebook....!

Sunday night...MM for the win, followed by....
    MV
    AD
    VR

Bike
    Various things
    When were you there? it's only been on since late Jan. Though I did have photos on facebook....!

Sunday night...MM for the win, followed by....
    MV
    AD
    VR
    Sorry. Not in person. Just drooled over dozens of pics. I do get over often though, as my Sis lives in Melbs.

MM is paying $3.00 at the TAB. Not too bad seeing as he's never been beaten there. I'd say only another biff will stop him making it 6/6.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Sorry. Not in person. Just drooled over dozens of pics. I do get over often though, as my Sis lives in Melbs.

MM is paying $3.00 at the TAB. Not too bad seeing as he's never been beaten there. I'd say only another biff will stop him making it 6/6.
    Yeah I just chucked some on him as part of the $100 thingy. Can't shake the feeling that I've wasted my coin though!

Thread Information