Page 39 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I was hoping Zarco would hold CC off but alas no.
    Rossi did great again ! Go Vale !
    Hondas looked pretty good,even CC and Miller up towards the front.
    Hiccup for MV.
    This new arrangement that partially replaced Race Direction needs a talking to. I don't think RD would've issued a penalty for the Zarco Rossi thing. Zarco might get a talking to as well, as a Yamaha satellite rider it's probably a good policy not to take out their factory riders.

Miller and Crutchlow have both reportedly got the new big bang engine and both are now using the chassis that CC had in testing, the one that DP and MM didn't like.

Gazza, I'm getting old and me memory's going, can you remind me who's leading the championship?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    I think Rossi knows that it will be very hard to keep up with MM and MV. But as long as he is on the podium every single race his chances will stay alive. Just wait till the other two slip up and he is in with the chance. Just as it happened now. He hasn't won a race this season and is already leading. Go VR for the 10th
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    This new arrangement that partially replaced Race Direction needs a talking to. I don't think RD would've issued a penalty for the Zarco Rossi thing. Zarco might get a talking to as well, as a Yamaha satellite rider it's probably a good policy not to take out their factory riders.
    Miller and Crutchlow have both reportedly got the new big bang engine and both are now using the chassis that CC had in testing, the one that DP and MM didn't like.
    Gazza, I'm getting old and me memory's going, can you remind me who's leading the championship?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    I think Rossi knows that it will be very hard to keep up with MM and MV. But as long as he is on the podium every single race his chances will stay alive. Just wait till the other two slip up and he is in with the chance. Just as it happened now. He hasn't won a race this season and is already leading. Go VR for the 10th
    lol yeah pritch, he's past his best for sure

5150, a 10th maybe, if he keeps up and waits to pounce ? That'd be special.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Various things

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    He hasn't won a race this season and is already leading. Go VR for the 10th
    Doesn't really matter who's leading after only three rounds. Bloody great ride by the old boy. But he'll have a dnf yet, and his chances of a tenth are still not great sorry. Three from 3 at the tab for me though.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

MotoGP 2017

So Rossi thinks Zarco's a bit too rough, Zarco thinks the move was on the limit but ok...
    I think there's a difference between standing someone up and bashing them out of the way which needs to be pointed out to Zarco.

Honda is looking great in acceleration now compared to Qatar so promising signs for DP n MMs championship prospects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I've been back a few pages and it would seem none of us have a fuctioning crystal ball?

Nobody that I noticed predicted
    MM
    VR
    DP

Although it isn't *that* hard to see why.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Marquez
    Rossi
    Crutchlow

I've been back a few pages and it would seem none of us have a fuctioning crystal ball?

Nobody that I noticed predicted
    MM
    VR
    DP

Although it isn't *that* hard to see why.
    I got MM and VR correct.

I guessed CC finishing 3rd but ended up in 4th, so half a point?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I'm glad the penalty didn't screw up Rossi's result. I don't think he should have backed out of the line, the rule is clear that the passing rider has to do it cleanly.

At the same time, he could certainly have stayed on track. Hard passes are part of racing at the top level, and it's not like Rossi hasn't put many a guy out of podium contention with a rough move.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I'm glad the penalty didn't screw up Rossi's result. I don't think he should have backed out of the line, the rule is clear that the passing rider has to do it cleanly.

At the same time, he could certainly have stayed on track. Hard passes are part of racing at the top level, and it's not like Rossi hasn't put many a guy out of podium contention with a rough move.
    I'm also glad for him it didn't stuff up the result. But I'm also happy with what the penalty was.

I was thinking oh just fuck off Harris you cunt with all the shit he was spouting about Rossi having no choice etc.

It was pretty clear he benefited from the run off as he closed up on MM so much. So needed to remedy that somehow. I thought perhaps he could have done that himself by either rejoining just in front of Zarco, putting him where he was before the incident. Instead he kept it pinned.

I also thought the penalty I've seen used in the past is to drop a position, but that would have been overkill and outright unfair.

I think they made the right call, they probably looked at how much time he gained from MM over the incident and pinged him for that.

Harris can fuck off, you can even get the feeling the other commentators want to tell him to shut it half the time.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    I got MM and VR correct.

I guessed CC finishing 3rd but ended up in 4th, so half a point?
    Well, that is a good effort.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    I was thinking oh just fuck off Harris you cunt with all the shit he was spouting about Rossi having no choice etc.

Harris can fuck off, you can even get the feeling the other commentators want to tell him to shut it half the time.
    Totally! You notice in Matt Birt's tone after Harris makes these stupid comments, that he thinks Harris is on another planet.

I can't imagine it's easy commentating by looking at a little screen, but I think they need to put the Old guy out to pasture

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    Totally! You notice in Matt Birt's tone after Harris makes these stupid comments, that he thinks Harris is on another planet.

I can't imagine it's easy commentating by looking at a little screen, but I think they need to put the Old guy out to pasture

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Off to the meat works I say, I'll do the culling. Anyone with 2 eyes would have noticed how much Rossi gained by running off track, but not Harris...

MV needs to learn how to launch a motorcycle asap otherwise he's going to struggle all year to maximise his incredible quali pace. Can't help but think he had a fair few bikes to pass even if he hadn't gone for a gravel trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...MV has a lot to learn yet...until then, fast and skillful when things are going right is not enough to bank on any certainties from him...lots of wet tracks and incidents in the rest of the season to come yet...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    I'm also glad for him it didn't stuff up the result. But I'm also happy with what the penalty was.

It was pretty clear he benefited from the run off as he closed up on MM so much. So needed to remedy that somehow. I thought perhaps he could have done that himself by either rejoining just in front of Zarco, putting him where he was before the incident. Instead he kept it pinned.

I also thought the penalty I've seen used in the past is to drop a position, but that would have been overkill and outright unfair.

I think they made the right call, they probably looked at how much time he gained from MM over the incident and pinged him for that.

100% best post.

MM FTW! He's only gonna get better as they get their head round the Honda. Best season yet? Prob. (I'm also a huge MV fan)

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Sitting here watching Moto2 with my 3yo daughter. When Pasini crashed she pipes up "he's doing his butter!" followed by "it's Lorenzo??" haha

Thread Information