Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Because he crashes a lot.
    Granted, he may spend more time in the gravel than on the track. Good entertainment value though.

MM
    VR
    MV
    AI
    DP
    JL
    AD

PS:
    Quote from speights_bud

"And MM to be on the top would be what I'd like to see, sooner he gets to 9 championships the sooner Harris can fuck off about his boyfriend.... "

Could anyone handle another four years of Nick Harris?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Listened to David Emmett speaking in a podcast last night. He was saying that the Yamaha is still probably the best bike on the grid when grip is good. If the temperature drops, or grip is reduced for any other reason, it loses its advantage. The coming season should be interesting, because unless something different comes to light over winter, the advantage will shift from make to make as conditions and tracks vary.

I note that the young Aussie Harry Lloyd, who briefly worked for Dorna but now does PR for Mahindra, is still doing commentary work on the side. He and Dakota Mamola cover the CIV races. Dorna are apparently training young commentary team talent.

MM
    VR
    MV
    JL
    CC

Or ?

A word of support for Crutchlow, his placing in the standings for '16 is misleading. Half way through the season he had scored very few points. His score in the second half of the season was verging on mammoth. If he carries on where he left off he will finish waaaay higher in the standings next season. If...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Listened to David Emmett speaking in a podcast last night. He was saying that the Yamaha is still probably the best bike on the grid when grip is good. If the temperature drops, or grip is reduced for any other reason, it loses its advantage. The coming season should be interesting, because unless something different comes to light over winter, the advantage will shift from make to make as conditions and tracks vary.

I note that the young Aussie Harry Lloyd, who briefly worked for Dorna but now does PR for Mahindra, is still doing commentary work on the side. He and Dakota Mamola cover the CIV races. Dorna are apparently training young commentary team talent.

MM
    VR
    MV
    JL
    CC

Or ?

A word of support for Crutchlow, his placing in the standings for '16 is misleading. Half way through the season he had scored very few points. His score in the second half of the season was verging on mammoth. If he carries on where he left off he will finish waaaay higher in the standings next season. If...
    Great news re the commentary training pritch(maybe the result of peoples frustrations ?)Whatever, the Death Nel of bloody Harris and his band?

I'm thinking the opposite of Crashalot, unless the weather next year is real shit again.Too much talent coming up for 2017. Can't see us having 47 different winners again in a hurry ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I'm thinking the opposite of Crashalot, unless the weather next year is real shit again. Too much talent coming up for 2017.
    Perhaps. The new talent has to adapt to the big kids' bikes though. I can still remember Jorge launching himself skyward in spectacular fashion as he made the adjustment. The young dudes might be more of a threat in 2018?

Of course it is possible, if not exactly likely, that Aprilia or KTM might pull a rabbit out of a hat and stuff up all of our calculations.

Also the Phillip Island race was not run in shit weather. Practice was, but not the race.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Perhaps. The new talent has to adapt to the big kids' bikes though. I can still remember Jorge launching himself skyward in spectacular fashion as he made the adjustment. The young dudes might be more of a threat in 2018?

Of course it is possible, if not exactly likely, that Aprilia or KTM might pull a rabbit out of a hat and stuff up all of our calculations.

Also the Phillip Island race was not run in shit weather. Practice was, but not the race.
    Surely our gods won't give us a repeat of 2016 ?
    I'll add tyre combos to the weather, for the strange winners this year ? One affecting the other.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    I will have a crack at emptying your beer fridge Crasher..i wager that MV finishes higher than VR......prolly a year too soon but ........
    I'm not one to shy away from bets...but right now, I'm not sure where I'm gonna live for the forseable future. We're one of the many that have been evacuated from our apartment, and finding short/med term accom in Wellington is pretty much impossible right now.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Downforce ways & means...

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I think that if Ducati were going to make a bike that wad rideable, they'd have done it by now.

The wings made it competitive, and now they're gone. So they've just wasted two seasons development.
    If Ducati really need that aero-downforce, they'll put the necessary strakes within a bulged outer fairing skin..

Bike
    77 XL250
    You have my sympathy Crasher. It will be a bastard trying to find a place to live right now. I can offer you a shed, but the commute might be a bit far.

Pitch a tent outside the Council building until they pull finger.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Makutu View Post
    If Ducati really need that aero-downforce, they'll put the necessary strakes within a bulged outer fairing skin..
    I'm pretty sure that if you push air through a tunnel like that, any down force created by wings inside will be relative to the outer skin only. So it would cancel itself out entirely.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I'm not one to shy away from bets...but right now, I'm not sure where I'm gonna live for the forseable future. We're one of the many that have been evacuated from our apartment, and finding short/med term accom in Wellington is pretty much impossible right now.
    Got a bed for you and your lady here in Tawa if ya need it champ. Sure you've had plenty of offers of the same already.

Bike
    Various things
    Got a bed for you and your lady here in Tawa if ya need it champ. Sure you've had plenty of offers of the same already.
    Appreciate that. Without being an ungrateful cunt..I really need to be in town for a variety of reasons. I have Lisa's daughter to consider as well. Cheers though.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Well, I guess we'll see..

I'm pretty sure that if you push air through a tunnel like that, any down force created by wings inside will be relative to the outer skin only. So it would cancel itself out entirely.
    Somehow, I think the Audi DTM aerodynamics engineers might disagree with you there Drew..

& here's a view of how its done by the top team in the - highly restricted - open-wheel F1 scene..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Which was about when Honda gave him the frame that Pedrosa and Marquez biffed. The very same frame which they gave Miller and Rabat in the Valencia test and they both went 1.5secs quicker on it and raved about how much of an improvement it was over what they had been using all year.
    Makes ya wonder how fucking hard that Honda must be to ride. Manxkiwi once said to me that its easy to sit here going: "*insert rider here* is shit always biffing it down the road etc etc when for all we know sitting on our couch is the bike they have been given and set up is rubbish" (paraphrased).

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Makutu View Post
    With their outright speed they could afford to drop a bit of it with fairing size,maybe you are right ?

I'm sure they're fluffing around with ideas,Ducati seem to believe in it?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    wow really sorry to hear that mate.Hope all works out asap!

Thread Information