Page 40 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    Totally! You notice in Matt Birt's tone after Harris makes these stupid comments, that he thinks Harris is on another planet.

I can't imagine it's easy commentating by looking at a little screen, but I think they need to put the Old guy out to pasture

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I say let him do the post race conference stuff as he's less likely to fuck it up, but let someone else do the race commentary.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Overnight the Brit pundits were divided over Rossi's penalty. Some were concerned that lawyers could take over GPs and we will have to wait months until the court hearings conclude to find out who won the race. In the spirit of the America's Cup. Others were concerned at the ground Rossi made on Marquez by riding over the paint. Some favoured gravel traps although even that doesn't always stop Rossi.

Oxley was totally opposed to the penalty but has since had a chat with Race Direction and is happier now, but he didn't mention the detail of the explanation he received.

This particular penalty is the result of a recentish rule change. Previously the penalty would have been to drop a place. There was an instance where Folger was told to drop a place but the next bike was ten seconds back, which was a disproportionate penalty for his offence. Thus the change.

Re Nick Harris, He may be in the process of being phased out? He doesn't seem to do commentary on Moto 2 or 3, just the GPs. Maybe I should write and tell him how much I'm enjoying retirement to encourage him to take the leap..
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    Nick Harris has not done Moto2 & 3 for a couple of years. Just as well too. His head would probably explode trying to keep up with the leader changes in Moto3.

BTSport commentary for me... Most entertaining team, and the bonus of Colin Edwards at most rounds.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

This particular penalty is the result of a recentish rule change. Previously the penalty would have been to drop a place. There was an instance where Folger was told to drop a place but the next bike was ten seconds back, which was a disproportionate penalty for his offence. Thus the change.
    Mike Webb said normally a rider would've been required to drop a place but because Rossi in their opinion had been forced off the track a place penalty was unfair.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Good grief, have ya read the comments on that piece?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    All hail VR greatest rider the world has ever seen etc etc

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The ones I saw seemed mild rather than wild. People who write items for papers and magazines are advised never to read the public comments, there is a percentage of the population is unhinged. Some people though can be very witty, and if you haven't got a dog in the fight it can be highly amusing.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    All hail VR greatest rider the world has ever seen etc etc
    I'd certainly say he's one of the most adaptable. To be able to keep doing what he does at his age, against the new age boys, really is fucking amazing.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I'd certainly say he's one of the most adaptable. To be able to keep doing what he does at his age, against the new age boys, really is fucking amazing.
    If you are one of the new age boys, it must be fucking annoying. "Move over old man. The future is here" Followed by "Fuck.... How did he do that"
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    If you are one of the new age boys, it must be fucking annoying. "Move over old man. The future is here" Followed by "Fuck.... How did he do that"
    Yep. He's reinvented himself a few times over the years.

Bike
    husaberg
    Intersting read.
    Kevin used to be all over the bike not only for leverage and because he was lanky, but because it was set up with a long wheelbase than the other bikes.
    it may not have been the fastest way arround a corner, but it did allowed him great braking stability which he used to pass people by out braking them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    People who write items for papers and magazines are advised never to read the public comments, there is a percentage of the population is unhinged.
    Unhinged or not I raised the same point about using body-language in reply to one of his articles on fairing wings last year,so maybe he does read em.
    As an aside thank fuck they were banned as the Ducati looked like it had a bad case of genital warts by the end.

The Rainey/Schwantz battle at Assen footage included I didn't think was a good representation of just how much those 500's could snap sideways let alone keep the front hoop on the deck.
    Their Suzuka showdowns are legendary and for a laugh check out Gardener rearranging the jewels after a particularly nasty tank landing...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    Unhinged or not I raised the same point about using body-language in reply to one of his articles on fairing wings last year,so maybe he does read em.
    As an aside thank fuck they were banned as the Ducati looked like it had a bad case of genital warts by the end.

The Rainey/Schwantz battle at Assen footage included I didn't think was a good representation of just how much those 500's could snap sideways let alone keep the front hoop on the deck.
    Their Suzuka showdowns are legendary and for a laugh check out Gardener rearranging the jewels after a particularly nasty tank landing...

There is one about the same year where Rainey gets betten through the chicane he was actually passed/pounced on the two weeks in a row by Kevin.
    Its in the Rainey vs Schwantz video i think.

This video demonstrate the cat and mouse see god and then brake
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the Dear George dude got it right, the Germans are pissed off with Jorge after all. There is speculation on Bloomberg that VW are going to sell Ducati, or float it on the sharemarket, or something, or anything?

Thread Information