Page 47 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Nah. We know exactly why he has a factory ride. He has a factory ride because Stoner retired. The Repsol team was going to be MM and CS. DP was gone, but with Stoner's retirement he lived on. Actually he's loosened up in his old age, we might even miss him when he finally goes.
    Someone smarting cause he gave Yamaha a good arse kicking?

He has his ride because he can ride the fuck out of a motorcycle. If Honda had dropped him the other factories would all have been lining up with their daughters as a dowry just to sign him. If he'd taken the Yamaha over Maverick he'd have won almost every race this year and be on his way to his first GP championship, unfortunately that parallel universe doesn't exist so we'll never know, but Pedrosa showed on Sunday that he can turn his collarbone to powder once again come back just as strong.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Man I am impressed with Zarco and Folger.Zarco for a podium for sure.
    They both got the right team and bike. The Yamaha is the easiest of all of the MotoGP machines to get along with so it's the best machine for new MotoGP riders.

Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I would love to see DP convincingly win a MotoGP championship, just to shut up all the armchair experts who question why he has a factory ride, and also for his own personal satisfaction. I'd like to see that more than VR taking the elusive 10th championship.
    Absolutely. I'd love to see DP win a championship over everyone else.

Nah. We know exactly why he has a factory ride. He has a factory ride because Stoner retired. The Repsol team was going to be MM and CS. DP was gone, but with Stoner's retirement he lived on. Actually he's loosened up in his old age, we might even miss him when he finally goes.
    They were going through some stats for DP in the commentary at one point in the weekend. Apparently he the most podiums for Honda of any rider (105 podiums out of 185 starts says Google). So when you look at the numbers he more than justifies having that ride.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Someone smarting cause he gave Yamaha a good arse kicking?
    Not at all. The reality is that Pedro was gone but for Stoner retiring. He wins one GP a year as reliable as clockwork. If everybody else keeps taking points off each other that could even a championship, although it's not *that* likely.

If he doubles his success rate this year it wouldn't bother me at all. If it's an exciting race, or even a sufficiently interesting one, I don't really care who wins.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    He's far classier than that oily wankstain.
    That might just be my new sig! Gold.
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07

Explains Rossi falling back so bad at the end of the race.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18341640_1412211685507416_6709629949047487737_n.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	330860

someone want to read Rossi's rubber after Jerez ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    S1000RR
    Yikes. Were they made out of erasers?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    well how come MV was so fast today in conditions not unlike sunday?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    well how come MV was so fast today in conditions not unlike sunday?
    Um maybe because Rossi and him are different people and Vale is struggling with the current set up and Maverick isn't?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Um maybe because Rossi and him are different people and Vale is struggling with the current set up and Maverick isn't?
    apparently MV fast times were set early in the day when conditions were considerably cooler and track had More grip than sunday race time.That does explain it.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    apparently MV fast times were set early in the day when conditions were considerably cooler and track had More grip than sunday race time.That does explain it.
    And different tyres.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I wonder if Aleix would benefit from a bit of rear brake too going off his comments on stability when he releases the brake

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/24535...yre-gains.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    David Emmett has interesting comments on the current tyre situation. https://motomatters.com/analysis/201..._the_tire.html

BT Sport do a Moto GP podcast. It's shorter than some of the others, the hosts vary and there are usually interesting interviews. It'll be available from Apple or wherever you get your podcasts.

One comment from the latest is to the efect that it's weird that last years Yamahas are faster than this years. Which following Jerez is obvious to everyone. Maybe they should make a step backward to go forward?

Bike
    Exercycle

One comment from the latest is to the efect that it's weird that last years Yamahas are faster than this years. Which following Jerez is obvious to everyone. Maybe they should make a step backward to go forward?
    Not weird at all - Yamaha have just as much a history of going the wrong way on chassis as Honda - just not as frequently, LOL.
    They also have a history of quick mid season fixes - unlike Honda...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Not weird at all - Yamaha have just as much a history of going the wrong way on chassis as Honda -..
    ROC Yamaha anyone??

Thread Information