Page 48 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Not weird at all - Yamaha have just as much a history of going the wrong way on chassis as Honda - just not as frequently, LOL.
    They also have a history of quick mid season fixes - unlike Honda...
    Look at 2014. MM fucked off with the championship whilst the Yams struggled. Easy to blunt a sharp edge I'm guessing when you are pushing the envelope of what's possible on two wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    I Ride No More

Looking Forward

Just happened to see this link this morning.

http://newatlas.com/electric-motorcy...-motogp/49439/

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Not weird at all - Yamaha have just as much a history of going the wrong way on chassis as Honda - just not as frequently, LOL.
    They also have a history of quick mid season fixes - unlike Honda...
    I think the yamaha has been the better bike at the beginning of the last few seasons. Honda have improved their bike more during the season than yamaha I think ,again over the last few seasons. Somehow though the Honda seeams to work better over a wider range of conditions

Bike
    77 XL250
    There are a lot of conclusions being drawn over the Yamahas having one bad race out of four. I am waiting for another race before I send them off for scrap.

Speaking of another race - Guintoli will be on the Suzuki at Le Mans. I will sacrifice a virgin (if I find one) to see him on the podium as he has the most amazing combination of French and Yorkshire accents, As well, he is a top bloke and a real talent.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    I think the yamaha has been the better bike at the beginning of the last few seasons. Honda have improved their bike more during the season than yamaha I think ,again over the last few seasons. Somehow though the Honda seeams to work better over a wider range of conditions
    I think the Honda has been inferior for a couple of years now. Tis why pedro only wins one a year instead of a couple. It's just that MM is such a freak (much like Stoner), that he can win on it regardless and challenge for the title every year despite it's short comings.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    ROC Yamaha anyone??
    Which was an exact copy mm perfect of the previous years works Yamaha chassis built from bueprints supplied by Yamaha.
    They only needed it because Rainey had been injured and was unable to do the pre season testing.
    He arrived back and told them that their NEW shit hot coaxle spocket chassis that somene else had tested (caladora who had never raced a 500GP bike)was a total utter POS.
    thy then went to the back up plan of a far to stiff extruded frame which he also didn't like
    After Rainey demanded the old chassis after a few races They told him they had go rid, or sold off all the old style chassis and after more pressure they finally relented and agreed tolet them use a ROC chassis , iI could have just as easy have beeen a Harris frame. they were the same design spec.

Doohan basically used the same chassis design all the way through from 93 on he only asked for a new chasssis in his final year.
    Kevin Schwantz arrived at the first race one year to find the frame was totally shit and nothing lkike what he had tested, after a bit of head scraching and checking it turned out some one had misread rh dimensions and the main spars was something like 2 inches too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    I think the Honda has been inferior for a couple of years now. Tis why pedro only wins one a year instead of a couple. It's just that MM is such a freak (much like Stoner), that he can win on it regardless and challenge for the title every year despite it's short comings.
    Yep....and I think the Honda usually make a tad more power than the yam, though last year the RCV was hurting on initial acceleration?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Yep....and I think the Honda usually make a tad more power than the yam, though last year the RCV was hurting on initial acceleration?
    I think the engine has plenty of power, but is too abrupt in it's delivery. They were able to tame it with their electronics, not so much so with the spec electronics. Perhaps they're getting their heads round it now?

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    I think the engine has plenty of power, but is too abrupt in it's delivery. They were able to tame it with their electronics, not so much so with the spec electronics. Perhaps they're getting their heads round it now?
    And MMs skill is filling th gap!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    And MMs skill is filling th gap!
    See post # 710...

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Lots of MM loving going on here. Short memories it seems as he hardly rode around any problems in 2015, he kept crashing until they were able to make the bike suit his style again by going back to the old frame. The Honda is the perfect bike for his riding style

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Lots of MM loving going on here. Short memories it seems as he hardly rode around any problems in 2015, he kept crashing until they were able to make the bike suit his style again by going back to the old frame. The Honda is the perfect bike for his riding style

And not Pedro's which is why he should have tried to move.
    He would have done better on the Yammy or even the Suzuki.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    And not Pedro's which is why he should have tried to move.
    He would have done better on the Yammy or even the Suzuki.
    Agree there about the Yamaha. He has one strength which suits the Honda which is how he gets the bike stood up out of the corners n fucks off with its epic engine.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Lots of MM loving going on here. Short memories it seems as he hardly rode around any problems in 2015, he kept crashing
    He still won races on it though. Much like Stoners last year on the Ducati. Total heap of shit he kept out riding and crashing, yet he too won races on it. Something no cunt has been able to do much of since.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The world is heading for LeMans, well some of it is. The race is not popular with all of the pundits, David Emmett for one will not attend. Outragious prices for crap services and aggressive security staff seem to be problems. The town is lovely but the track is dire seems to be a common sentiment. I won't be at the track though, I'll be sitting in my living room with a bottle that came from France. Near enough.

The track has been resurfaced so exactly who will benefit from that is a mystery - until Friday night anyway.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information