Page 49 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The world is heading for LeMans, well some of it is. The race is not popular with all of the pundits, David Emmett for one will not attend. Outragious prices for crap services and aggressive security staff seem to be problems. The town is lovely but the track is dire seems to be a common sentiment. I won't be at the track though, I'll be sitting in my living room with a bottle that came from France. Near enough.

The track has been resurfaced so exactly who will benefit from that is a mystery - until Friday night anyway.
    Rain showers predicted for all 3 days apparently. Could get a sneaky satellite rider or 2 on the podium. Not sure Zarko is known as a rain rider though but home crowd and grippy surface. LET IT RAIN!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    One tip I saw was for a satelite Ducati to do well if it's wet. Here's hoping that it doesn't turn into a lottery.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    S1000RR
    Great read. Thanks!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    One tip I saw was for a satelite Ducati to do well if it's wet. Here's hoping that it doesn't turn into a lottery.

15 Alvaro Bautista 501.00
    16 Loris Baz 301.00
    17 Sylvain Guintoli 201.00
    18 Bradley Smith 201.00
    19 Hector Barbera 501.00
    20 Pol Espargaro 301.00
    21 Karel Abraham 501.00
    22 Tito Rabat 501.00
    23 Sam Lowes 501.00

I know a few names there that could pull off a wet win paying over $300... Hilarious how Guintoli has better odds than a few of the full time riders, who writes that shit?

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    15 Alvaro Bautista 501.00
    16 Loris Baz 301.00
    17 Sylvain Guintoli 201.00
    18 Bradley Smith 201.00
    19 Hector Barbera 501.00
    20 Pol Espargaro 301.00
    21 Karel Abraham 501.00
    22 Tito Rabat 501.00
    23 Sam Lowes 501.00

I know a few names there that could pull off a wet win paying over $300... Hilarious how Guintoli has better odds than a few of the full time riders, who writes that shit?
    Guintoli is a farken weapon in slippery conditions. Seems to go best when it's so slippery nobody can get their knee down. But the Suzuki isn't so good in dodgy conditions.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Zarco and Folger have signed with Tech3 for 2018. A reasonable inference being that nobody is leaving the Yamaha team just yet?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So this weekends predictions from me (for whoever cares):

I'm thinking we are possibly going to see both JL and JZ on the podium. Problem is that leaves VR, MV, DP, AD and MM squabbling for one of the podium spots.

Lorenzo has a really good record there and he showed last round that he can ride that Ducati really well, AD was looking likely for a podium last year too when he and MM did their synchronized crashing. JZ will be on fire with the love of his fans and he's on the bike which kicked arse there last year. One of the pundits I read was thinking Aliex Esparagrus is looking likely to be in the mix too.

So to summarise I haven't a clue who is going to win, I'm hoping like hell it's Dani Pedrosa as per usual but most of all I'm looking forward to an excellent race at one of my favourite tracks to view the racing on. The commitment it takes for those guys to pass under brakes into the fast right left turns 1 and 2 is brilliant to watch.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I read Rossi was saying the reseal of the track was good, he likes it.
    So the others will too I hope as there was some concern about it in the lead up.
    This will make for a good weekend
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I read Rossi was saying the reseal of the track was good, he likes it.
    So the others will too I hope as there was some concern about it in the lead up.
    This will make for a good weekend
    Apparently it is less bumpy now, which will suit the Honda boys. Though extra grip will favour the Yamaha. Pull a name out of a hat?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Apparently it is less bumpy now, which will suit the Honda boys. Though extra grip will favour the Yamaha. Pull a name out of a hat?

...Bobby?...

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I've been a closet Zarco fan boi since I watched him teaching the kids on Motojournal. I would be ecstatic to see some back flips this season.

Ok, so Zarco on the podium behind MV and MM.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I've been a closet Zarco fan boi since I watched him teaching the kids on Motojournal. I would be ecstatic to see some back flips this season.

Ok, so Zarco on the podium behind MV and MM.
    Yeah, thinking same. Not sure on order....

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I haven't read it yet, but this is David Emmett's take on LeMans. He posted on Twitter that his first effort was flippant, he doesn't like the LeMans GP, but following Hayden's accident he rewrote it in a more serious manner.

I'm going to read it now.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...gh_nights.html

Having read Mr Emmett's article and the comment that Nicky never had a bad word to say about anyone, I'm reminded of something. There was an incident when Hayden was new to GPs and Biaggi, as was his way when attempting to intimidate a newcomer, brake checked Hayden. Hayden was later spotted with one hand around Biaggis's throat and his other fist cocked. I doubt that he had nothing to say, but whatever, apparently it had the desired effect.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    It was probably just some friendly southern boy Kentucky Kid greeting to Biaggi
    Cheers

Merv

Thread Information