Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Makutu View Post
    If Ducati really need that aero-downforce, they'll put the necessary strakes within a bulged outer fairing skin..
    I believe the new regulations control the fairing design which must be homologated with only one change permitted in the year.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    You have my sympathy Crasher. It will be a bastard trying to find a place to live right now. I can offer you a shed, but the commute might be a bit far.

Pitch a tent outside the Council building until they pull finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    wow really sorry to hear that mate.Hope all works out asap!
    Cheers men! Cunt of situation really. I've been in constant contact with Justin Lester, and he got a Phil Becker of WCC to call me. The guy tells me, with 100% certainty, that there's no way under the health and safety act, that they can let me into my apartment, even for 5 mins to gather some personal possessions. I then see on Stuff, that Steve Tew and his Cronies were allowed access to a condemned building to retrieve some fucking trophies. I've asked for clarification of course.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    News from Moto2 testing: Brad Binder has broken his arm. Jorge Navarro has dislocated a shoulder. One report said that Navarro dislocated the shoulder while trying to control the bike rather than when he hit the ground.

While neither of them will be very happy about their injuries, better now than mid season.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    I believe the new regulations control the fairing design which must be homologated with only one change permitted in the year.
    In which case:

A, they'd better get it right 1st time.

&,

B, it shows how stupid FIM/Dorna are getting - by aping the tight-as F1 regs pattern...

Bike
    77 XL250
    Before F1 clamped down on the aero, the cars could not get close to each other. Slipstreaming was out as they lost all downforce and braking. Who would want to see MotoGP where the bikes have a 'bubble' that is a no-go zone for others.

The simplest way is to ban wings rather than have an entire rule book just for aero?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Bans are usually a negative knee-jerk..

Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Before F1 clamped down on the aero, the cars could not get close to each other. Slipstreaming was out as they lost all downforce and braking. Who would want to see MotoGP where the bikes have a 'bubble' that is a no-go zone for others.

The simplest way is to ban wings rather than have an entire rule book just for aero?
    Too many bans already.. starting with 2Ts.. & moving on to anything else - except 4 cylinders/6 speed box..

IMO, the top race formula should not be such a contrived spec class..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Cheers men! Cunt of situation really. I've been in constant contact with Justin Lester, and he got a Phil Becker of WCC to call me. The guy tells me, with 100% certainty, that there's no way under the health and safety act, that they can let me into my apartment, even for 5 mins to gather some personal possessions. I then see on Stuff, that Steve Tew and his Cronies were allowed access to a condemned building to retrieve some fucking trophies. I've asked for clarification of course.
    Ahh, but your peasant needs concern them not!

Too many bans already.. starting with 2Ts.. & moving on to anything else - except 4 cylinders/6 speed box..

IMO, the top race formula should not be such a contrived spec class..
    Nah, I was against the wings from the outset, I'd hate to be out on track racing close only to get clipped by yet another sticky out bit on someones bike. Add the extra issues mentioned with the instability behind the bikes in the braking zone and you're going to effect the racing, which is what pays the bills and gets fans watching.
    I'm sure the Ducati will be fine without the wings as what they lose on the exit of the corners they will gain in making the bike easier to ride going by the reports of the Andrea's on how hard it was to turn. There's got to be a more elegant was of creating the front downforce too, be interesting to see how they get around it. One thing is for sure is that every time they try and reduce costs the manufacturers spend more money on work arounds.

Was quite funny I was talking to a F1 nut recently about racing and their DRS etc, he said it'll be on bikes soon enough.
    I told him: mate, bikes invented DRS and the air brake well before cars and have been using it for years. He goes "Oh really, didn't know that" I said "Yeah, on the straights the rider tucks under the screen = DRS deployed. In the braking zones the rider sits up = Air brake deployed."

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    In the braking zones the rider sits up = Air brake deployed."
    I think it is Mir in Moto3 who does that so well. The others straighten up while he pops up like a meth fueled jack-in-the-box. entertaining to watch indeed.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Yo momma
    I'm not one to shy away from bets...but right now, I'm not sure where I'm gonna live for the forseable future. We're one of the many that have been evacuated from our apartment, and finding short/med term accom in Wellington is pretty much impossible right now.
    I notice you don't have any trouble finding a computer or wifi to use...

Bike
    Yo momma

Was quite funny I was talking to a F1 nut recently about racing and their DRS etc, he said it'll be on bikes soon enough.
    I told him: mate, bikes invented DRS and the air brake well before cars and have been using it for years. He goes "Oh really, didn't know that" I said "Yeah, on the straights the rider tucks under the screen = DRS deployed. In the braking zones the rider sits up = Air brake deployed."
    10characters
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	326411

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    I notice you don't have any trouble finding a computer or wifi to use...
    Aye. Staying at a friends apartment till Saturday. Fucked after that. Have access here at work obviously too.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Wings never actually did any harm, did they though..

Nah, I was against the wings from the outset, I'd hate to be out on track racing close only to get clipped by yet another sticky out bit on someones bike. Add the extra issues mentioned with the instability behind the bikes in the braking zone and you're going to effect the racing, which is what pays the bills and gets fans watching.
    I'm sure the Ducati will be fine without the wings as what they lose on the exit of the corners they will gain in making the bike easier to ride going by the reports of the Andrea's on how hard it was to turn. There's got to be a more elegant was of creating the front downforce too, be interesting to see how they get around it. One thing is for sure is that every time they try and reduce costs the manufacturers spend more money on work arounds.

What actual evidence was there shown to support the "instability behind bikes in the braking zone" - anyhow?

Ducati will have the parent company's racing aero-engineering input to assist, with Audi having GTE/GT3 & DTM racing
    experience at getting non-downforce road vehicles to make some, for racing purposes..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Aye. Staying at a friends apartment till Saturday. Fucked after that. Have access here at work obviously too.
    Tonight on the TV One news there was a guy interviewed, name of Pete. His circumstances are remarkably similar to those of our Pete. Can't be him though, he never mentioned the NZRFU trophies.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Tonight on the TV One news there was a guy interviewed, name of Pete. His circumstances are remarkably similar to those of our Pete. Can't be him though, he never mentioned the NZRFU trophies.
    I sure did. But they always edit it to how they want it to be

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    What actual evidence was there shown to support the "instability behind bikes in the braking zone" - anyhow?
    The riders complained about their bikes becoming unstable if they were in the slipstream of a winged bike. I don't know what you require as "actual evidence", nobody has suggested they were imagining the instability. Yet.

One rider, can't remember who, got whacked by the wing on another bike which made his leg numb. Following another incident there were wings left on the track. The riders have enough to concentrate on without unnecessary complications. Anyway the wings were fucking ugly, I will drink to their demise.

Thread Information