Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Who complained?

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The riders complained about their bikes becoming unstable if they were in the slipstream of a winged bike. I don't know what you require as "actual evidence", nobody has suggested they were imagining the instability. Yet.

One rider, can't remember who, got whacked by the wing on another bike which made his leg numb. Following another incident there were wings left on the track. The riders have enough to concentrate on without unnecessary complications. Anyway the wings were fucking ugly, I will drink to their demise.

Sounds a bit too much like hearsay to me.. & Dani didn't use them because he is.. ah, ok, face it.. he is a pygmy..

AFAIR, M.M. went closest to being collected by one, but didn't ever whinge about it..

& they flew about like paper plates at a windy Wellie beach barbie - whenever the bikes were thrown down the road..

Bike
    ES XTZ

Bike
    Yo momma
    . Anyway the wings were fucking ugly, :
    Tru dat sista!!!!!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    The riders complained about their bikes becoming unstable if they were in the slipstream of a winged bike. I don't know what you require as "actual evidence", nobody has suggested they were imagining the instability. Yet
    Nobody's bike got unstable while slipstreaming the Ducati for fuck sake. Nothing could keep up with the thing, even in the draft.
    One rider, can't remember who, got whacked by the wing on another bike which made his leg numb. Following another incident there were wings left on the track. The riders have enough to concentrate on without unnecessary complications. Anyway the wings were fucking ugly, I will drink to their demise.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Tru dat sista!!!!!
    I grew to quite like the look.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Nobody's bike got unstable while slipstreaming the Ducati for fuck sake. Nothing could keep up with the thing, even in the draft.
    From a crash.net interview with Crutchlow talking about wings, “When you ride behind the Ducati... The turbulence off the things is unreal. If you see Pedrosa in Phillip Island, I was behind Pedrosa and he was behind Iannone, honestly I thought he was going to come off it in sixth gear. Because he got a shake on, but then he came out of the bubble.”

But hey! That might just be hearsay.

That interview with Nakamoto is very interesting and possibly more forthright than it might otherwise have been because he is retiring. His special interest is chassis design which may go some way to explain why, after the Repsol riders had rejected the new frame, he got Crutchlow to persevere, and now Miller and Rabat are using it too.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Nabbed from Facebook.
    Build the wall! Build the wall! Build the wall!

Bike
    Scorpio
    I noticed this in the interview with Shuhei Nakamoto:

We tried several things and now I am very happy because our machine is faster than Yamaha in the cornering sections. You can check the data in all circuits. Especially in tight corners. Our machine is always faster. Overall lap times are very similar, but sometimes Marc (Marquez) has a few tenths advantage and this is always due to the effectiveness of our bike in the cornering areas.
    Ah, excuse me, Nakamoto-San, but have you considered the possibility that this is due to the effectiveness of Marc Marquez?

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    So JL wants Stoner in his garage next year. http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/new...stoner-852460/

It will be interesting to see if Ducati can "persuade" him to do it.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Eugene Laverty was using his brother as a 'spotter/coach'. Rossi has one. Stoner would be a great choice but it might have to rain gold bars to get him move to Italy. Capirossi may not be quite such a good choice but he's probably a lot more accessible.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I think Capirossi is already a little busy.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The TAB odds here usually strike me as miserly, they certainly don't tempt me to take a punt.

These are reportedly Brit bookies odds on some of the riders:

mm 7/4
    mv 3/1
    vr 10/3
    jl 4/1
    ad 14/1
    dp 14/1
    ai 14/1
    ar 66/1
    cc 80/1

Interesting rankings, similar to some of ours at the top end. Twitter consensus seems to be that those odds are insulting to Crutchlow, inspiring a few to take a punt each way on him. That'd tempt me too.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Dangerous combo Stoner n JL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Brad Binder's injury is nasty. A fracture of that type usually requires surgery and assorted ironmongery. If you are really curious Google Galeazzi fracture.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Brad Binders injury is nasty. A fracture of that type usually requires surgery and assorted ironmongery. If you are really curious Google Galeazzi fracture.
    A fracture/break and a dislocation in one. That's gonna be a bitch.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Can you accept anything that crasher Cal says - at face value?

From a crash.net interview with Crutchlow talking about wings, “When you ride behind the Ducati... The turbulence off the things is unreal. If you see Pedrosa in Phillip Island, I was behind Pedrosa and he was behind Iannone, honestly I thought he was going to come off it in sixth gear. Because he got a shake on, but then he came out of the bubble.”

But hey! That might just be hearsay.

Not likely what with Dr Cal being a fully fledged aeronautical engineer.. oh wait.. no, he aint..

& you might recall that at P.Is. in bygone days..

When they were also getting all 'flighty' down that chute - the much lighter Honda 2T G.P. bikes had multiple holes drilled in their fairings..

No one was ( or could be) blaming tiny winglets back then..

Thread Information