Page 60 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    All of which makes me wonder why they are bothering testing there today. Nothing much that they learn there will be relevant anywhere else?
    I've never understood why they test at the same track the day after racing. Doesn't make any sense to me. I would've thought turning up at the next track a day earlier would achieve a whole lot more.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    I've never understood why they test at the same track the day after racing. Doesn't make any sense to me. I would've thought turning up at the next track a day earlier would achieve a whole lot more.
    I guess to test new fixes for probs you may've encountered over the race weekend. Work for MV.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Stoked for Dovi. He's always been a fantastic rider.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Stoked for Dovi. He's always been a fantastic rider.
    Special for you Kiwi...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moses.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	331307  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    And Cal Crutchlow has a new two year Honda factory contract but will continue to ride for LCR. That's a good deal for LCR I guess, with Honda picking up the tab.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    Good for LCR and Honda. LCR can now fund a second bike and Honda have a crash Test dummy that is low profile and can put in good realistic data
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So I wonder if Miller will get a Honda contract or a VDS contract this time. According to Miller CC has been getting all the sexy bits from Honda anyways so I don't think it will make too bigger difference.

Miller should try and take the spare Aprilia seat that is about to become available (though it's shit of them to treat Lowes like that).

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    So I wonder if Miller will get a Honda contract or a VDS contract this time. According to Miller CC has been getting all the sexy bits from Honda anyways so I don't think it will make too bigger difference.

Miller should try and take the spare Aprilia seat that is about to become available (though it's shit of them to treat Lowes like that).
    He probably has his eyes on the aforementioned possibility of a second LCR seat... VDS will need to make room for Marquez junior at some stage I'm guessing?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    He probably has his eyes on the aforementioned possibility of a second LCR seat... VDS will need to make room for Marquez junior at some stage I'm guessing?
    They'll be ditching Rabat in favour for Morbidelli at the end of the year I think. Marquez junior still aint got it, though he's 20pts behind Morbidelli atm so maybe if he beats him he'll get the seat. Took him a fuck tonne longer than Marc to be competitive in moto2 though so I don't know if he's quite as good as our hero.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    They'll be ditching Rabat in favour for Morbidelli at the end of the year I think. Marquez junior still aint got it, though he's 20pts behind Morbidelli atm so maybe if he beats him he'll get the seat. Took him a fuck tonne longer than Marc to be competitive in moto2 though so I don't know if he's quite as good as our hero.

I was listening to the BT Sport MotoGP podcast, it's worth a listen, Colin Edwards and Keith Heuwen are in the commentary team along with experienced commentators Suzi Perry, Julian Ryder and Gavin Emmett among others. They were talking about Marquez minor and were wondering if he can win races outside Spain.

Colin Edwards was talking about things he had heard from Yamaha, and it's not like he doesn't have contacts there. He was saying that the 2017 bike still has problems with low grip tracks and with turning. It seems that if you are riding a Yamaha the 2015 version is the one to have. (The 2016 model had the fuel tank further back to change the weight distibution but was not proceeded with.) Yamaha have work to do.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yamaha have work to do.
    As do Honda and Suzuki,,,and Ducati!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    As do Honda and Suzuki,,,and Ducati!
    That's not fair Pete. You forgot Aprilia...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    My bad. They're certainly all having the fair share of issues at various tracks this year eh.

Bike
    a Blue one
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    All Aprilia have to do is find the fukin keys so they can start the bloody thing....

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
    All Aprilia have to do is find the fukin keys so they can start the bloody thing....
    They are hinting at rider a change but I don't think that'll solve their problem if the bike can't make it to the finish line. Suzuki are also dropping hints about being dissatisfied with iannone's progress.

As Pete said they all have work to do, but Yamaha took a step backwards with their 2017 model so they have more than they should.

Thread Information