Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Makutu View Post
    Not likely what with Dr Cal being a fully fledged aeronautical engineer.. oh wait.. no, he aint..

& you might recall that at P.Is. in bygone days..

When they were also getting all 'flighty' down that chute - the much lighter Honda 2T G.P. bikes had multiple holes drilled in their fairings..

No one was ( or could be) blaming tiny winglets back then..
    you are no more qualified than the rest of us to comment on the aero qualities of winged motogp bikes

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Makutu View Post
    When they were also getting all 'flighty' down that chute - the much lighter Honda 2T G.P. bikes had multiple holes drilled in their fairings..

No one was ( or could be) blaming tiny winglets back then..
    They drilled holes in the fairings on bikes of all sizes to combat the crosswinds. Years ago, I had to remove the belly pan on my 250 to let the wind go under the bike.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    They drilled holes in the fairings on bikes of all sizes to combat the crosswinds. Years ago, I had to remove the belly pan on my 250 to let the wind go under the bike.
    Yep. I'm sure I've seen the holes in the fairings of MotoGP bikes.

This from Mat Oxley: http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...ousand-crashes

The pic contains times from the private test at Jerez, a mixed test, some from both MotoGP and WSBK. The times are close but the point was made that Jerez is a tight circuit and the GP bikes couldn't use their extra power to advantage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cx9mrr4W8AE13AK.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	206.7 KB 
ID:	326438  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

The pic contains times from the private test at Jerez, a mixed test, some from both MotoGP and WSBK. The times are close but the point was made that Jerez is a tight circuit and the GP bikes couldn't use their extra power to advantage.
    That and Rea is the WSBK version of an Alien

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Yeah that is impressive. There were video clips on Twitter: Miller had the big bang engine, noticeably deeper tone (and Repsol wheels?), the KTM sounds mean, presumably not big bang?

Here a pic of Lorenzo with perforated fairing. The shot may be from Phillip Island because he has the optional extra seagull fitted?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013801-lorenzo.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	326439  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    That was one of the first places that they drilled fairings IIRC. Can get pretty full on windy there and they were doing everything they can to keep them on track.

I've cacked myself a few times mostly at PI. Lukey Heights with side winds under the bike. Felt like it was going to wash the front right out on me - bloody horrible. Also at Stoner and down the chute at with the side wind pushing the bike around can get exciting. I parked the bike last year on the Sunday as I had to do some big avoidance tactics coming into the braking area to stay off the grass....

Bike
    R100GSPD

Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    apparently its also quite cold.Michelins not working 100 percent

Bike
    KTM 250exc

Here a pic of Lorenzo with perforated fairing. The shot may be from Phillip Island because he has the optional extra seagull fitted?
    Sure was PI, I remember taking the pic because I saw they didn't even bother to de-burr the inside holes....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1479981481901.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	270.4 KB 
ID:	326466

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Wow, Rea beating up the motogp bikes - wtf! So what if the track has no straights - the motogp bikes are lighter, better brakes and better electronics (maybe???)
    Test times here.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, even more mingled than yesterday.

http://gpxtra.com/2016/11/24/jonatha...-leads-gp-men/

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Yeah, even more mingled than yesterday.

http://gpxtra.com/2016/11/24/jonatha...-leads-gp-men/
    Fuck, good enough for pole position in the 16 motogp? GET IN!

How many world titles will he rack up on that kwaka I wonder?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Wow, Rea beating up the motogp bikes - wtf! So what if the track has no straights - the motogp bikes are lighter, better brakes and better electronics (maybe???)
    Test times here.
    Rea is great huh ? But if you look at who was there only the slower half of the GP paddock.
    Like the Q1 fellas ? Iannone was there for a little bit ,but went home.
    There was talk of cooler temps affecting the Michelins too.Hope they get that shit sorted before next year or we'll have another year with, what was it 9 different winners ?
    You have to know that if Crashalot and Millar get wins something untoward has occured ?
    God forbid if we got Bwadley on the podium next year.(what was he 22nd in that test ?).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Cheers men! Cunt of situation really. I've been in constant contact with Justin Lester, and he got a Phil Becker of WCC to call me. The guy tells me, with 100% certainty, that there's no way under the health and safety act, that they can let me into my apartment, even for 5 mins to gather some personal possessions. I then see on Stuff, that Steve Tew and his Cronies were allowed access to a condemned building to retrieve some fucking trophies. I've asked for clarification of course.
    Yeah officious bastards. It was like that down here, you couldn't go into your own place to retrieve valuables etc while those with uniforms or arm-bands looted your stuff.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Early this morning I read something that I hadn't considered previously, it may have been Oxley but I couldn't find it when I checked.

In the past I've had a couple of high stress jobs and it's common for people operating in a high stress situation for a protracted period to have nightmares related to the experience.

The item this morning was saying that the racers have nightmares about high sides and other crashes. With the GP guys having racked up over a thousand disgraceful dismounts over the past season that's a lot of nightmare material. They find it embarrassing when they drop off to sleep on an airline flight then awake with an almighty start following another high side dream to find the other passengers staring at them in alarm.

I can see why.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Early this morning I read something that I hadn't considered previously, it may have been Oxley but I couldn't find it when I checked.

In the past I've had a couple of high stress jobs and it's common for people operating in a high stress situation for a protracted period to have nightmares related to the experience.

The item this morning was saying that the racers have nightmares about high sides and other crashes. With the GP guys having racked up over a thousand disgraceful dismounts over the past season that's a lot of nightmare material. They find it embarrassing when they drop off to sleep on an airline flight then awake with an almighty start following another high side dream to find the other passengers staring at them in alarm.

I can see why.
    I have experienced this myself...

It was never an issue until talking to a close mate who had nightmares about several of his bad highsides racing.

Then about 3 weeks later I started reliving a some of my doozies. Bad enough to wake up the Mrs. Think of the 'falling nightmare' but worse.

Goddam overactive engineer brain that is hard enough to switch off at the best of times really doesn't help. Hasn't happened for a long time now, but if it does again I'm blaming you!

Thread Information