Page 76 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1585

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Dunno I'd like those forks on a road bike. Carbon fibre pushbike frames apparently have a high failure rate and a crash on a motorbike is potentially more catastrophic. OK if you've got a team of mechanics to look after them, but the price should stop them appearing on road bikes for a decade or two.

Rossi is happy with them but Vinales is not.
    Yeah Vinales reckons it makes it too twitchy, Rossi says anything that makes it easier to turn at his age is a good thing lol.

Lots of talk about the pit stop rule, I'm all for the suggestion of Pedrosa to bring in the minimum time in pit, it 100% takes the time from entering the pit and leaving out of the equation, less F1 if you will, though it's still down to the teams and riders to make the call on wets or slicks but that's just good race management as well as lottery predictions

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Lots of talk about the pit stop rule, I'm all for the suggestion of Pedrosa to bring in the minimum time in pit, it 100% takes the time from entering the pit and leaving out of the equation, less F1 if you will, though it's still down to the teams and riders to make the call on wets or slicks but that's just good race management as well as lottery predictions
    I prefer just what Marquez said have a lollipop guy, which you'd still need with the timed option anyway to control the exit on time, but I'm not in favour of the timed option. A team should be able to benefit from being quick - happens at Daytona, Isle of Man and just about anywhere else there are pitstops.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    I prefer just what Marquez said have a lollipop guy, which you'd still need with the timed option anyway to control the exit on time, but I'm not in favour of the timed option. A team should be able to benefit from being quick - happens at Daytona, Isle of Man and just about anywhere else there are pitstops.
    Agree 100%. It's a team sport after all. Your teamwork lets you down...tough titties.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Agree 100%. It's a team sport after all. Your teamwork lets you down...tough titties.
    Yep, especially when there is a teams championship and a manufacturers championship going on at the same time as the riders championship.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Heres a vid showing Aleix & Andereas crash

https://www.gpone.com/en/2017/08/08/...-mechanic.html

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Dear George,

You’ve been standing up on that podium all night. You need to come down. It’s kinda creepy you up there in the dark waving your arms around and yelling, and me down here using my smartphone like a torch.

Everyone has gone home. The Automotorotonotodromo, or whatever it is these unreconstructed Chechyan communists call the place, is closed. Even the gypsies who steal peoples’ wallets have left.

There’s just you and me, and some of our mechanics who are too drunk to drive and are sleeping on the tyre piles out the back of the garage.

I’m running out of phone battery, George. I do not know how long my phone-light will last. And when it goes out, the wolves will come for us.

That may be just as well.

I don’t even want to look at my emails and phone messages. They’re all from Germany. And I know what they’re about.

And no, they’re not about you getting a pay-rise because you won yesterday. I told you before, there is no Special Spartan Rule S32.08.1in Dorna’s regulations. Carmelo punched me in the last kidney I have left when I brought him your big thick folder with all the Special Spartan Rules you had written, and told me to get out of his bedroom.

So no, you don’t get to decide when the race ends. I know the Moto2 race was shortened to six laps, but that was Race Direction’s call, not Passini’s.

I know you’re struggling with this, but the rider in the lead does not get to decide how many laps a race has. So as much as you like to think you won the Three-Lap Wet-Butter Sprint according to Special Spartan Rule S32.08.1, there were 19 more laps after those three which you didn’t win.

And they were dry, George. All 19 of them. They were not, as you keep yelling, “Parade Laps of Victory”. They were actually race laps.

And they were as dry as the ink on your Ducati contract, which is now, apparently in the hands of damp-handed German lawyers in Berlin, who are under instructions by Matthias to “Get us the bastard fuck out of this shit”.

So come down. I will spray you with chain-lube, if you like. It’s just like that Freixenet garbage. You won’t know the difference, I promise. Mario can even put on a Monster Girl outfit if you like and kiss you on the cheek. He likes to wear them anyway.

Look, just follow my light and try not to fall down the stairs. I’ll be down here on the track keeping an eye out for the wolves.

Scared and alone,

Gigi.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Dear George,

Gigi.
    The Rossi Fan Boi that writes that shit, has seriously run out of material.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Nah. He's still doing a good job. There was an unexpected bonus a while back, some humourless keyboard warrior in Asia had a go at him. Some of the resulting correspondence was quite amusing.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Slight diff at the TT is: the fuel fill takes longer than the wheel change and everything else, in a 'normal' pit stop. So it sort of controls the duration by default. They banned quick fillers in the 70s.
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Don't ya like Boris Pete ?
    Just trying to fill the void till Austria. Which I hope has no Pit Stops,the Weather is great and the Michelins work.

Maybe a Yamaha win for a change ?

Bike
    Various things
    Don't ya like Boris Pete ?
    Just trying to fill the void till Austria. Which I hope has no Pit Stops,the Weather is great and the Michelins work.

Maybe a Yamaha win for a change ?
    Ahhhh...is he the raving scrotum behind it? Never did like his ramblings. He's his own biggest fan by miles. I'm thinking if you want a Yamaha to win, you'd best do a rain dance mate. I'm thinking if it's dry, the Ducatis will simply be too fast.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Ahhhh...is he the raving scrotum behind it? Never did like his ramblings. He's his own biggest fan by miles. I'm thinking if you want a Yamaha to win, you'd best do a rain dance mate. I'm thinking if it's dry, the Ducatis will simply be too fast.
    Yeah bud, ex AMCN and has his site called "Bikeme".
    Austria is stop/start but fast as I remember ? to suit Ducs' again ?
    But yeah live in hope, heh heh ! Rossi will slip on his fast Fairing ?

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Jack Miller signs with Ducati for a year..

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/872...-pramac-ducati

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Jack Miller signs with Ducati for a year..

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/872...-pramac-ducati
    yeah just reading that on Motomatters. Contract with Ducati too and not pramac. Reckon Redding is a gone coon now where would he go ? Moto2 or BSB ?

Bike
    ES XTZ
    yeah just reading that on Motomatters. Contract with Ducati too and not pramac. Reckon Redding is a gone coon now where would he go ? Moto2 or BSB ?
    Barring a possible change at Aprilia, the completion of the Pramac line-up leaves only Avintia (two seats), Aspar (one seat), Marc VDS (one seat) and a second LCR seat as to-be-confirmed for 2018

Thread Information