Page 85 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1585

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...so just drinking more piss between one week's racing and the next weeks, with broken ribs on three or four occasions was probably a wrong assumption on my part, over the years...
    I dunno mate. I partied pretty hard over the NY after I munted my ankle at Wanganui on Boxing day. Seemed to work ok!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    I want Rossis drugs.
    I think those guys pay probably more in insurance premiums than most of us ever earn in a year. So they get nothing but the best.

Jamie Whitham in his book says he had been told to avoid Czech hospitals if he crashed at Brno, because they are third world standard. Following an accident in which he turned parts of his skeleton into jigsaw puzzles, he regained consciousness as they wheeled him into the Czech hospital and he said to his wife, "Get me out of here". She contacted the insurance company and they sent an executive jet with a medical team on board to fly him back to an English hospital.

That kind of service wouldn't come cheap.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I think those guys pay probably more in insurance premiums than most of us ever earn in a year. So they get nothing but the best.

Jamie Whitham in his book says he had been told to avoid Czech hospitals if he crashed at Brno, because they are third world standard. Following an accident in which he turned parts of his skeleton into jigsaw puzzles, he regained consciousness as they wheeled him into the Czech hospital and he said to his wife, "Get me out of here". She contacted the insurance company and they sent an executive jet with a medical team on board to fly him back to an English hospital.

That kind of service wouldn't come cheap.
    One year at Wanganui, mid 90's I think, we were told to avoid crashing at all costs that day as the doc on duty at the local A&E was rabidly anti motorcycles...I think from memory, a couple of guys volounteered their vans for runs to another hospital if it was necessary.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    One year at Wanganui, mid 90's I think, we were told to avoid crashing at all costs that day as the doc on duty at the local A&E was rabidly anti motorcycles...I think from memory, a couple of guys volounteered their vans for runs to another hospital if it was necessary.
    One of the biking families advised me similar about crashing at Levels, as the various times they had been to Timaru hospital they had been left waiting deliberately as they hated motorcyclists. Fortunately never had to test out that theory

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Go Rossi. Meh stutup. I'm a long term fan. Be nice to see him finish his most impressive career, A alive. B at the top.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    , A alive. B at the top.
    One out of two ain't bad in that game. Best he can hope for now sorry.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    One of the biking families advised me similar about crashing at Levels, as the various times they had been to Timaru hospital they had been left waiting deliberately as they hated motorcyclists. Fortunately never had to test out that theory

Basically true. Head of A&E I believe. But Timaru hospital have been very slow in that area since I first had to pick up a mate and take him home in 1970...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    After the news od Rossi's injury broke there was a swell of protest on social media questioning what he was doing riding dangerous MotoX bikes during the season. The pundits: Oxley, Emmett et al probably got sick of trying to explain, some of their later answers did not display the usual patience.

So news now that Cal Crutchlow cut his finger. Presumably the worriers will be claiming GP riders shouldn't be allowed to cook during the season. The cut though could be serious. Presumably he just bandaged it and went to bed because he says he didn't become concerned until the next morning when it was still bleeding. The first (of several?) doctors he saw told him the tendon was severed, and that has been stitched back together. It would have been better if that had been done straight away but...

He has been in touch with the Clinica Mobile, there was mention of a splint, and it is his left hand so presumably if he can get a glove on he may be able to ride?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Misano MotoGP - Free Practice (2) Results

SHARE : Misano MotoGP - Free Practice (2) Results

1. ^4 Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac (GP17) 1m 33.231s [Lap 18/21] 290km/h (Max)
    2. ^6 Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1m 33.236s +0.005s [22/23] 289km/h
    3. = Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP17) 1m 33.294s +0.063s [17/20] 289km/h
    4. ^3 Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 33.346s +0.115s [21/22] 290km/h
    5. ˅4 Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 33.475s +0.244s [6/20] 287km/h
    6. ˅2 Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 33.545s +0.314s [16/17] 288km/h
    7. ˅5 Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Team (GP17) 1m 33.591s +0.360s [16/19] 289km/h
    8. ˅2 Jorge Lorenzo ESP Ducati Team (GP17) 1m 33.614s +0.383s [17/20] 288km/h
    9. ^7 Andrea Iannone ITA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 33.740s +0.509s [21/

from my armchair I think I'll guess at my top five :
    MM
    MV
    Petrucci
    DP
    Dovi

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Misano_QP_zpsue2smazx.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	288.0 KB 
ID:	332536

Maybe some rain coming,we'll see.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    77 XL250
    Forecast for race time is rain 2mm per hour and 15 - 20 kph wind.

My pick:
    1 Vinales
    2 Marquez
    3 Dovi

Lorenzo to be in the hunt at first then fading as his tyres lose their initial grip...
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Forecast for race time is rain 2mm per hour and 15 - 20 kph wind.

My pick:
    1 Vinales
    2 Marquez
    3 Dovi

Lorenzo to be in the hunt at first then fading as his tyres lose their initial grip...
    DP

MM

MV

Dovi

Lorenzo

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Depending on weather, if it doesn't rain and is cool:
    DP
    MM
    AD
    MV
    JL.

If it rains, depends on how soft the rain tyre is, if soft enough Dani should be up there with the above riders, if not it'll be them vs maybe Jack Miller, Baz, Petrux etc

Bike
    R100GSPD
    if it is cooler and or rains i think MM If he cant run the pace he wants i think AD will be there.I wonder if the duc fairing will help even more in the wet?The honda doesnt seem as good as the others on the fast turn 11

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    if it is cooler and or rains i think MM If he cant run the pace he wants i think AD will be there.I wonder if the duc fairing will help even more in the wet?The honda doesnt seem as good as the others on the fast turn 11
    Dovi doesn't need it it seems, aero fairings are for lesser mortals.

Rain will mean AD and MM will take less risks in theory. DP will push harder as he needs to close the gap to the front 3, all comes down to how the tyres work for him if he gets a good feeling he'll give them a good run. Especially if it drys out during the race

Thread Information