Page 92 of 106 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1585

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...how long can you walk on water?...
    We all know the odds huh ? He's very special on a motorbike,but I can't help but think it can happen any time.(being hurt that is ?)
    I had a mate,well two actually, who seemed to defy the odds. I always admired their ability.Funny enough they were very aware of being hurt themselves and after a while I think that stopped them rising to the top.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    We all know the odds huh ? He's very special on a motorbike,but I can't help but think it can happen any time.(being hurt that is ?)
    I had a mate,well two actually, who seemed to defy the odds. I always admired their ability.Funny enough they were very aware of being hurt themselves and after a while I think that stopped them rising to the top.
    I rode motocross with a young fella in the late 60s, he was fast but had never had a bad accident. It got to him in the end when he realised it was only a matter of time, he quit, a real loss to the sport.

Cheers

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    Because I'm not the most observant amongst us lot, how long have Repsol Honda been using SC Project exhausts?
    You're not doing too bad. I noticed when they went to Termignoni but hadn't noticed they had changed the stickers* again.

* Therein acknowledging Drew's theory that the stickers may not reflect the reality.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

* Therein acknowledging Drew's theory that the stickers may not reflect the reality.
    I'm as surprised as anyone.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Across the board this weekend I was wowed by racers racing and winning. Mir, Morbidelli, Marquez. All balls to the wall for the win. Damned entertaining.

And yeah, Rossi lives for race day.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Multi talented Mick
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2...ohan-did-next/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bike
    05 iHornet 900
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Reckless again. !!

Nice writeup

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Rossi
    I'm probably a Rossi fan as I've been w................................
    I don't post much so rant over but shit dont we love our Moto GP, its been delivering every race this season

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It is encouraging that, just for once, the initial news item following an event appears to have been correct. Shortly after Nicky Hayden's fatal accident I read that he had ridden his bike through a stop sign while wearing earphones. I didn't post that here publicly because there was no guarantee that the report was accurate.

The official investigation has now been completed and that is basically what happened.

An account of the official report is here: https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...y-hayden-crash
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    Shortly after Nicky Hayden's fatal accident I read that he had ridden his bike through a stop sign while wearing earphones. rl]
    In all of the *What do you listen to whilst riding your bike* type threads, I've always said don't do it. Far too many other things to be thinking of.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    In all of the *What do you listen to whilst riding your bike* type threads, I've always said don't do it. Far too many other things to be thinking of.
    Probably even more important while jogging or on a pushbike. On a motorised velocipede you are mainly listening to the wind or the engine. On foot or pushbike you are, or should be, actively listening for traffic. I do sometimes wear phones while walking but take them out to cross a road. A few months ago a guy in town here walked in front of a train while listening to his phones. He won't do that again, he's dead.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Agree mate, you'd think whatever he was listening to wouldn't block out everything else, but hey ?

The intersections in that part of the country are mostly like that,totally blind and any speed at all is just asking for Murphy's law to prevail. Locals are forever blasting their horns.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I see this morning that Tom Amos-Booth was three seconds faster than any body else in the field in FP1 in his BSB race class. The pundits seemed impressed, they're hoping he gets a Moto3 ride next year.

Also it looks like there may be some new makers entering Moto2 next year. MV and a new Japanese maker.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Didn't Aaron Slight ride for that privateer effort called HRC
    He rode for honda britain squad based there . before that fred merkel raced for a team based in italy .

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    It is encouraging that, just for once, the initial news item following an event appears to have been correct. Shortly after Nicky Hayden's fatal accident I read that he had ridden his bike through a stop sign while wearing earphones. I didn't post that here publicly because there was no guarantee that the report was accurate.

The official investigation has now been completed and that is basically what happened.

An account of the official report is here: https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...y-hayden-crash
    yes i jumped to the dickhead in the car ;-) i was wrong well just as well really not really the time just after dude brought it sad all the same.

Goes to show though any time we can be seconds from disaster .once you there its F@## to late.

I dont listen to music on the motorbike pushbike or walking . in the car but i turn it down in risky conditions.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    You know me, cranking a good few thousand km's on road push bikes each year. Yep. Never have and never will listen to anything. even by myself on a solo training ride (usually good thinking time to nut out problems!) . I've developed quite good and understanding what is happening just by the sound position, pitch etc. Why remove one of the 5 senses you rely on..... The only time I do listen to music on the push bike is in the garage on the wind trainer .

NH like many GP and WSBK riders would have been a pretty handy cyclist, which means lots of miles and thus road experience. He's in a country which is where he was living, but was not "home" . Surprised he had something in his ears.

Rea, Spies, Hayden, Bayliss, Jezza McWilliams, Lorenzo, Miller are just a few I know are very keen roadies with good kit. Missed an opportunity to do some miles in Jan with McWilliams and the ed of MCNews.com.au at Phillip island as I was space limited and couldn't get my bike there. That would have been a blast!

Thread Information