Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1585

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Reminded that such things as yesterday's race can divide families. A woman I used to work with is a Rossi fan going back to when she was on her big OE and saw him race at Brno for the first time when he was aged about 16.

She has her own kids now, and as sometimes happens, one of them is a Marquez fan. After Rossi crashed yesterday, she switched her allegiance to Dovi. The kid was pissed off with the way things ended and had his nose rubbed in it by his mum. To be fair you don't get that many oportunities to feed it to Marquez fans. It all ended with swearing and slamming of doors by the kid.

I had a brother who was a Casey Stoner fan. Thank God he lived in West Australia
    Could be worse could be a Pedrosa fan

Fucking excellent race, Dovi really knows how to use MM's aggression against him, knowing what he will do he just lets him do it and then gets on with winning, Zen master shit.
    It's funny but not for the first time this year I found the Moto3 race less exciting than the Moto2, something I think has been lacking in past years. Interesting title battle with have going on, always like Luthi so will be cheering him on, but Morbid deli sure can ride, lets hope the Honda doesn't screw them up next year.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    r.He had enough faaith to know that MM was in too hot and let him through once he appeared alongside.
    Reminds me of Stoner vs Rossi in 2007. Simply know they're gonna do the desperate braking move, let them get in too hot, and simply drive back up the inside. Game over. Time and time again. Apart from actually pulling off the late braking move, it's the easiest way to overtake someone.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Almost forgot. Dominic Aegerter has had his Misano win removed from the records for using incorrect oil. Tough on the young man, presumably it was a team decision rather than his. Luthi gets another five points as he now has the win.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Almost forgot. Dominic Aegerter has had his Misano win removed from the records for using incorrect oil. Tough on the young man, presumably it was a team decision rather than his. Luthi gets another five points as he now has the win.
    Yeah can't imagine an oil giving too much of an advantage, but rules are rules! Soul crushing for Aegerter but good news for Luthi and us fan's to have him so close in the championship.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Ohh FFS. Them's the rules I suppose. Luthi doesn't deserve them after yesterday's performance. Morbidelli got his shit together, eventually.

Overall enjoyed that whole meeting, EXCEPT for that arrogant, entitled little shit who deliberately oiled the track. Has he been sent a "bill" for wasting 100s of people's time and delaying and shortening two races?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Luthi doesn't deserve them after yesterday's performance.
    The commentators said his visor fogged up. We'd all be entitled to think that's just slack though. My helmet doesn't fog up now because if it looks like rain I stay home. For years before I retired though I had coated visors or pinlocks. Lorenzo lost a race because of a fogged visor and he changed helmet brands. A few years back Ant West accepted sponsorship from an off-beat helmet manufacturer and his helmet fogged up badly in a race which was serious for him as a wet track was his chance to shine. There's a lot of photos of Luthi wearing Shoei so who knows why his particular visor fogged.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    The commentators said his visor fogged up. We'd all be entitled to think that's just slack though. My helmet doesn't fog up now because if it looks like rain I stay home. For years before I retired though I had coated visors or pinlocks. Lorenzo lost a race because of a fogged visor and he changed helmet brands. A few years back Ant West accepted sponsorship from an off-beat helmet manufacturer and his helmet fogged up badly in a race which was serious for him as a wet track was his chance to shine. There's a lot of photos of Luthi wearing Shoei so who knows why his particular visor fogged.
    Yes, I know. But like Dovi, he had one job and the job was finishing in front of Morbidelli. Haven't had a helmet fog in years (thank you Pinlock and your lesser variations on double-glazing), but my glasses do but then I'm not riding in a typhoon with high humidity and an engine fogging my windscreen as well and running in a close group at over 200kph fighting for the same bit of apex while not being able to see.

But the whole weekend was like that and it should have been a priority to fix the fogging problem.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    So that's Motegi over with. Sure the finish was close but the weather buggered the whole thing for me.
    Title is close,ra ra ! Lots fell down and got wet, several got closer to the front than they would normally but thats rain for ya.
    Bwadley Smiff qualified in about 7th and came in last !

Lets hope Austruckinfailure P.I. this weekend brings some normality,fine weather and good racing.
    We deserve it !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    So that's Motegi over with. Sure the finish was close but the weather buggered the whole thing for me.
    Title is close,ra ra ! Lots fell down and got wet, several got closer to the front than they would normally but thats rain for ya.
    Bwadley Smiff qualified in about 7th and came in last !

Lets hope Austruckinfailure P.I. this weekend brings some normality,fine weather and good racing.
    We deserve it !
    I think the tyres need looking at, if Pedrosa can't get heat into them that's one thing, but several riders who are known for being good in the wet (DP,CC, JL, JM?) also are struggling to get them loaded up and working when it gets soaking wet. Dovi and MM are fine as they're mental late brakers but the tyre shouldn't be the factor in who wins and who does not. Especially when they pulled the soft front just before the race for "Safety reasons". Just like they swapped to the hard carcass for "safety reasons".

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I think the tyres need looking at, if Pedrosa can't get heat into them that's one thing, but several riders who are known for being good in the wet (DP,CC, JL, JM?) also are struggling to get them loaded up and working when it gets soaking wet. Dovi and MM are fine as they're mental late brakers but the tyre shouldn't be the factor in who wins and who does not. Especially when they pulled the soft front just before the race for "Safety reasons". Just like they swapped to the hard carcass for "safety reasons".
    The prob with your argument is it would seem to me it's the rears they were struggling with, so the late braking thing means nothing.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    The prob with your argument is it would seem to me it's the rears they were struggling with, so the late braking thing means nothing.
    Plus until this year, JL has been really crap in the wet. I'll give him credit (just this once!) for getting it together well and being right there for big chunks of the race when it rains. Still fades a bit, not sure why.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    but the tyre shouldn't be the factor in who wins and who does not.
    Not only does the tyre do exactly that, it ends the GP career of those who can't adjust. Simon Crafar and Tony Elias come to mind. Pedro is in dire tyre trouble as is someone else - Alex Lowes?
    It's sad, but it is a cut throat business and the Michelin rubber does seem to have a narrow performance envelope. Rather them than me.

PI may present more tyre troubles, but different ones.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    JL was never crap in the wet, he just struggles in mixed conditions. This was full wet though and apprently he was one of the fastest later on in the race once he heated up the rear by being more agressive with the throttle, he will remember this next time...

All of you are correct though, its hard work at the top. Either you and your engineers make it happen or step aside so someone else can come along to try.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    On that note:
    http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/ne...-tyre-problems

Quality control issue in Pedrosa speak. Cunts too PC to say it as it is

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    On that note:
    http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/ne...-tyre-problems