Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike preparation, who reads the rules regarding numbers

Bike
    suzuki

Bike preparation, who reads the rules regarding numbers

It amazes me that a huge chunk of our road race bikes simply don't have numbers applied according to the rule book!
    Why would they risk disqualification, and a big drama turning up to the meetings with bikes prepared like this?
    Do they not respect the paying public enough to present bikes that they can identify to make their day better?
    Do they not understand the safety issues around poorly numbered bikes?
    It's not just the odd one either.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Wasn't it Trevor Heaphy up your way who was the man obsessed with numbers ? I well remember the reaming he'd administer to anyone with numbers he didn't approve of.

The riders now don't see the importance cos they see transponders...But that's only the lap scoring function dealt to.
    As you point out, bike ID, both by marshals and spectators is still very important.

Bike
    a Blue one
    Off topic but from what I heard over the weekend is how many are going to rock up to Wanganui without enough 'competitive race' stamps in their log book for the last 12 months, thinking track days are good enough.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
    Off topic but from what I heard over the weekend is how many are going to rock up to Wanganui without enough 'competitive race' stamps in their log book for the last 12 months, thinking track days are good enough.
    they are good enough if it's the right track day. Now that MNZ Clubs, when running track days, have to have them permitted and riders need mnz licenses, be it full or day ones then these fit the bill for 'street circuit ticks'.
    This one slipped through their fingers a bit like years ago when they suddenly doubled the points races at each round, this automatically doubled the prize money that had to be found (when there was a rule on minimium prize money) seems they really struggled to find clubs to run meetings then
    what concerns me more is that some riders who have never even ridden a bike on sealed surface are now getting three ticks and heading to wanganui, the spirit of the rule was these are ticks to ensure you're riding regularly during the year.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The riders now don't see the importance cos they see transponders...But that's only the lap scoring function dealt to.
    As you point out, bike ID, both by marshals and spectators is still very important.
    we've all heard the bitching about people interpreting the rules their own way in the last year....
    it's very simple in black and white, and is like any other rule pertaining to our sport, failure to heed to it can cause exclusion

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Marshalls/Stewards etc need to see your race number too, incase of black flag situations.
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Do they not understand the safety issues around poorly numbered bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Marshalls/Stewards etc need to see your race number too, incase of black flag situations.
    finally, someone who understands....

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    finally, someone who understands....
    LOL..........

I just like kittens....
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Many would think getting group ride experience where there is "pressure to keep up" would qualify them to enter too.
    You really are a fuckwit.

There's no pressure to keep up in racing - there's pressure to lead.

Now fuck off.

Bike
    BSA A10
    what concerns me more is that some riders who have never even ridden a bike on sealed surface are now getting three ticks and heading to wanganui, the spirit of the rule was these are ticks to ensure you're riding regularly during the year.
    Not so long ago there were a lot of one event wonders turning up before that rule changed

Anytime we've had sign writing done I've given the guy a copy of the number rule
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    GPR150
    the design of the seats of these new bike's have make it very hard to read numbers , old schooled numbers on side fairing is fair easyer to read , now up to commuators to do there part ,but thats a diffiert story
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    GPR150
    Wasn't it Trevor Heaphy up your way who was the man obsessed with numbers ? I well remember the reaming he'd administer to anyone with numbers he didn't approve of.

Tim gibbs put us in are place but he new how to run meetings
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    Quiet plodder

Its important for us mere spectators to be able to identify with the riders. How else are we going to create a fan base?
    A few years ago while I was at Wanganui races, I was eventually able to identify a few racers, but it was easier to spot and deal with sidecars, this identity was mostly colours etc. But the numbers helped identify actual names, rather than the guy with the orange helmet with the yellow strip on the jacket.

I mean almost everyone know who is #46
    they still might not know what he looks like in person.

when racing and trying to lead, the margins are so close, then knowing every rule (and interpretation) is important....

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    the design of the seats of these new bike's have make it very hard to read numbers , old schooled numbers on side fairing is fair easyer to read , now up to commuators to do there part ,but thats a diffiert story
    bullshit, the rule states you will use a number board of a certain dimension, unless you can fit them on, there's loads of room on the side's of most fairings for legal numbers, nowhere is the seats mentioned,
    i'd struggle to remember any production based bike where the seat area/ tailpeice had enough room for a legal number, without the assistance of a number board.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    What's fly spray got to do with racing numbers?

Thread Information