Page 88 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1585

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Nice to see VDM get a podium in WSB on the Yamaha,(his team mate went upside down again )
    Don't know why Rossi is in a hurry to come back,but he's the racer and I'm on the couch, huh ?

here ya go,Valentino Rossi news: Misano test at 18 days of operation
    print-icon
    00:12/02:16
    The Yamaha pilot has spared everyone back on track with 24 hours in advance of the expected and less than 20 days from the tibia and hoop operation of 31 August. For Rossi 4 laps of track interrupted only by an annoying rain. The Aragon goal is no longer so unreachable, although the official decision will be taken only on Wednesday

Graziano Rossi: "Valentino was bad in the leg but will try again"
    Love the transliteration of papa Rossi's comment.

As to Rossi being in a hurry, there's a reason he's not retired and it ain't the money. I did think years ago that by note he'd have retired to 4 wheels, but so happy he hasn't.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    honda???? Honda may get more involved now that Takahashi? is on the bike
    Apparently Honda have never involved themselves in Superbikes. It has been a succession of different companies, currently still Ten Kate I think.

Meanwhile back in MotoGP...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Apparently Honda have never involved themselves in Superbikes. It has been a succession of different companies, currently still Ten Kate I think.

Meanwhile back in MotoGP...
    That explains the HRC superbike kit one used to be able to buy for their RC45

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Didn't Aaron Slight ride for that privateer effort called HRC

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    And Colin Edwards, Fogarty, Johnny K etc etc...

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    And Colin Edwards, Fogarty, Johnny K etc etc...
    Well, hardly ever. To the best of my & Wikipedia's recollection, Colin Edwards won in 2002 with HRC with the Honda VTR1000 SP-2/RC51 and then the Japanese factories (except maybe Suzuki) abandoned the field to Ducati for a year or two. Then Honda came back in with Ten Kate a few years later. 2004??

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Badjelly View Post
    Well, hardly ever. To the best of my & Wikipedia's recollection, Colin Edwards won in 2002 with HRC with the Honda VTR1000 SP-2/RC51 and then the Japanese factories (except maybe Suzuki) abandoned the field to Ducati for a year or two. Then Honda came back in with Ten Kate a few years later. 2004??
    The original championships up until kockinski were won not by an official HRC squad either. they were run by Rumi with limited HRC backing
    He was a little miffed when he missed running an official out upon introduction of the RC45.
    that said the Muzzy squad was an american based team with only limited factory backing
    the Yamaha team were itailian based importer teams (Balgrada)
    it was all a little less precious then. Shit even the GP teams were more factory supported national importer teams in some cases up to the nineties and later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Rossi: "I will try to ride this weekend"
    Movistar Yamaha rider will attempt to take part in the Aragon GP
    Tags MotoGP, 2017, GRAN PREMIO MOVISTAR DE ARAGÓN, Valentino Rossi, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP
    After testing his fitness on a Yamaha R1 for a number of laps at Misano on Monday and Tuesday, Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) has decided to attempt to take part in the upcoming Gran Premio Movistar de Aragon.

The Italian will need to be passed fit to ride in order to take to the track, and would then head out in FP1 to further assess the possibility of racing on Sunday. Dutch WorldSBK rider Michael van der Mark will replace the nine-time World Champion if he is unable to compete in the event.

Valentino Rossi: "Fortunately, yesterday I had a good test with my YZF-R1M in Misano. I tried also the day before, but the rain stopped me after a few laps. Yesterday I managed to complete 20 laps and find the answers I was looking for. Eventually, the test was positive and I want to say thanks to Dr. Lucidi and his staff, who helped me find the best solutions to feel the least amount of pain possible in my leg when I‘m riding. Obviously at the end of the test I was in a little bit of pain, but this morning I went to Dr. Pascarella for a medical check, and it came out with a positive result. At the end I decided I will leave for Aragón and will try to ride my M1 this weekend. If I will be declared fit to ride, I'll have the real answer after FP1, because riding the M1 will be a much bigger challenge. We'll see. See you in Aragon!"

Follow
    MotoGP™🇪🇸🏁 ✔ @MotoGP

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Various things
    Rossi: "I will try to ride this weekend"
    Whilst I admire his balls and bravery, I think he's mad. No point in the risk to my mind.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely agree, he is not going to win the championship, so why risk his future life long mobility.
    Whilst I admire his balls and bravery, I think he's mad. No point in the risk to my mind.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    For sure I'd be a sook ! But he's a driven man who loves to race.

Maybe he's hoping the leaders will knock each other off and he'll score 25 points ??

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Absolutely agree, he is not going to win the championship, so why risk his future life long mobility.
    For sure I'd be a sook ! But he's a driven man who loves to race.

Maybe he's hoping the leaders will knock each other off and he'll score 25 points ??
    Better to take the time off, get back to 100%, and come back next season for another big push for the title. But hey, he'll certainly add to the spectacle. I'd just hate to see him fuck his leg good and proper by crashing again so soon, like Lorenzo did to his collar bone in Germany a few years back. That was nasty to watch.

Marq

Mav

Pedro

Dovi

Lorenzo

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Almost as if there were no homologation rules?

The article I read listed the various companies that had run the teams but I'm stuffed if I remember where I saw it. If I see it again I'll post it in the WSBK thread.
    I may have it wrong, but the Jap factories have to sell a large number of bikes to meet the homologation rules. European factories get a dispensation and have to sell lower numbers IIRC. You just don't see *that* many HRC bikes around, although I did see one this week. It was a trials bike though, not much use in a Superbike race.

I hope the doctors don't get carried away with Rossi's fitness test and make him jump off a table. That happened to someone, Lorenzo? Hopping on his broken leg maybe? If he tries riding in FP1 and doesn't like it that gives VdM even less time to learn the ropes.

Odds are the weather should be nice. There's a potential for a lot of people to be somewhat distracted by the current independence events in Catalonia though. A number of the riders and some other paddock people are Catalans.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM 250exc

I hope the doctors don't get carried away with Rossi's fitness test and make him jump off a table. That happened to someone, Lorenzo? .
    Guy Martin. I think I read that in his book....

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Better to take the time off, get back to 100%, and come back next season for another big push for the title. But hey, he'll certainly add to the spectacle. I'd just hate to see him fuck his leg good and proper by crashing again so soon, like Lorenzo did to his collar bone in Germany a few years back. That was nasty to watch.

Marq

Mav

Pedro

Dovi

Lorenzo
    Agree bud, pretty good choice for the results as well ...... ?

Thread Information