Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1585

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    MotoGP: Michael van der Mark to replace Valentino Rossi - Official

SHARE : MotoGP: Michael van der Mark to replace Valentino Rossi - Official

MotoGP
    11 Sep 2017
    Michael van der Mark to make MotoGP debut in place of Valentino Rossi at Aragon.

Yamaha has officially confirmed that - as first rumoured last week, then increasing clear during the Misano weekend - Michael van der Mark will make a MotoGP debut in place of Valentino Rossi at Aragon.

Rossi suffered displaced fractures of his right tibia and fibula during an enduro training accident on August 31, ruling him out of his home Misano round.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...o-race-951708/

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The Japanese factories appeciate the efforts of riders who win the Suzuka 8 Hour. So VdM gets a weekend of fun and learning at Aragon between two WSBK rounds.

Was thinking about Pedro's tyre problem and that reminded me... Back in the days of Bridgestone Jeremy Burgess was saying that it takes eight laps to warm the tyres up in a wet race. OK there are tyre warmers on until the last minute, but the lap to the start on a wet track cools the tyres. In those days most riders who fell did so in the first eight laps. That didn't quite seem to apply last weekend, they were going down throughout. Anyone who got points in that race deserved them, several of them having crashed, some more than once.

Crutchlow said it's a while since he had a high side but he quite enjoyed it. Bugger that! He did apologise to the team for the damage.

Presumaby the riders who get on after crashing no longer have the protection of the air system in their leathers?

Zarco's gallop was caused by running out of fuel, the technical explanation being that the cause was excessive wheel spin.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Zarco's gallop was caused by running out of fuel, the technical explanation being that the cause was excessive wheel spin.
    Just curious, what are the fuel consumption like on MotoGP bikes?

Marino circuit is 4.2kms long, 28 lap race, and MotoGP bikes have 21 litre capacity so rough estimate comes to 21 litres/ 117.6kms or about 17.9l/ 100kms.

That's actually not bad! Considering modern supercars do 20l+/ 100km urban driving.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Hey, if you're planning for next year, here ya go ???

Below is the provisional MotoGP calendar for 2018:

Date Grand Prix Venue
    18 March Qatar* Losail International Circuit
    08 April República Argentina Termas de Río Hondo
    22 April Americas Circuit of The Americas
    06 May Spain Circuito de Jerez
    20 May France Le Mans
    03 June Italy Autodromo del Mugello
    17 June Catalunya Barcelona - Catalunya
    01 July Netherlands TT Circuit Assen
    15 July Germany Sachsenring
    05 August Czech Republic Automotodrom Brno
    12 August Austria Red Bull Ring - Spielberg
    26 August Great Britain** TBA
    09 September San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
    23 September Aragón MotorLand Aragón
    07 October Thailand Chang International Circuit Buriram
    21 October Japan Twin Ring Motegi
    28 October Australia Phillip Island
    04 November Malaysia Sepang International Circuit
    18 November Comunitat Valenciana Comunitat Valenciana - Ricardo Tormo
    * Night race
    ** Circuit to be announced

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Hey, if you're planning for next year, here ya go ???
    There is a degree of negative reaction to the extra race, mostly from the pundits, all and sundry will have to spend an extra couple of weeks in Asia. Good for us though, another race close to our time zone. Johnnie Rea championed the family advantages of the shorter season in Superbikes.

Some people compared the MotoGP season to the F1 season to justify the higher number of races. The replies were to the effect that the F1 drivers are not usually carrying injuries, but toward the end of the season many of the GP riders are.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    There is a degree of negative reaction to the extra race, mostly from the pundits, all and sundry will have to spend an extra couple of weeks in Asia. Good for us though, another race close to our time zone. Johnnie Rea championed the family advantages of the shorter season in Superbikes.

Some people compared the MotoGP season to the F1 season to justify the higher number of races. The replies were to the effect that the F1 drivers are not usually carrying injuries, but toward the end of the season many of the GP riders are.
    Apart from wrist injuries from being a bunch of wankers
    . - hope that emoji is correct

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

I'm hoping Valentino will be fit and well for June 3rd next year. Not that it would stop me going of course.

I was just given a "leave pass for 2018" last night !!!!!!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Apart from wrist injuries from being a bunch of wankers
    According to Mat Oxley 85 riders raced at Misano and there were 80 crashes. While modern gear does protect them better than previously it's unlikely they all escaped without injury. Rather them than me.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Jorge Martin, Moto3 rider was bowled off his push bike by a car while training. Was admitted to hospital for checks but has been released and hopes to be at Aragon.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    According to Mat Oxley 85 riders raced at Misano and there were 80 crashes. While modern gear does protect them better than previously it's unlikely they all escaped without injury. Rather them than me.
    New record of 140 crashes over the weekend. Sam Lowes only responsible for 100 of them

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Rossi has done a few laps of Misano to check his ability to ride with a gammy leg. The big discussion point on social media was whether the bike was an R1 or an R6 and the identification wasn't made any easier by many of the reports just using a library photo they had available.

Anyhoo, I guess we'll find out what he decided sometime Friday although Van der Mark will be more interested than most.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Rossi has done a few laps of Misano to check his ability to ride with a gammy leg. The big discussion point on social media was whether the bike was an R1 or an R6 and the identification wasn't made any easier by many of the reports just using a library photo they had available.

Anyhoo, I guess we'll find out what he decided sometime Friday although Van der Mark will be more interested than most.
    Nice to see VDM get a podium in WSB on the Yamaha,(his team mate went upside down again )
    Don't know why Rossi is in a hurry to come back,but he's the racer and I'm on the couch, huh ?

here ya go,Valentino Rossi news: Misano test at 18 days of operation
    print-icon
    00:12/02:16
    The Yamaha pilot has spared everyone back on track with 24 hours in advance of the expected and less than 20 days from the tibia and hoop operation of 31 August. For Rossi 4 laps of track interrupted only by an annoying rain. The Aragon goal is no longer so unreachable, although the official decision will be taken only on Wednesday

Graziano Rossi: "Valentino was bad in the leg but will try again"

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Nice to see VDM get a podium in WSB on the Yamaha,(his team mate went upside down again )
    The Honda is not competitive so it may be that the riders have to push harder than is wise. It has been announced that the top technical guy is leaving the Honda Europe team. They'll need a rare genius to get that bike competitive with no help from Japan though.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    The Honda is not competitive so it may be that the riders have to push harder than is wise. It has been announced that the top technical guy is leaving the Honda Europe team. They'll need a rare genius to get that bike competitive with no help from Japan though.
    honda???? Honda may get more involved now that Takahashi? is on the bike

Thread Information