Page 63 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2017

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I know some of you don't like it, but the latest "Dear George" was a good one. I was thinking that George himself may not be aware of it since it originates from Australia, but I see one of the Brit commentators recommending it, so people up there know about it.

Further comments on Rossi's new frame suggest it is a hybrid 2016/2017 job. Be interesting to see how he goes at the Sachsenring which tends to favour the Honda riders.

Meanwhile this: http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...ost-speechless
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I know some of you don't like it, but the latest "Dear George" was a good one. I was thinking that George himself may not be aware of it since it originates from Australia, but I see one of the Brit commentators recommending it, so people up there know about it.

Further comments on Rossi's new frame suggest it is a hybrid 2016/2017 job. Be interesting to see how he goes at the Sachsenring which tends to favour the Honda riders.

Meanwhile this: http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...ost-speechless
    I take it Oxley is fanboi? "Only 2 riders kept pushing"? Erm, Dovi and Crutchlow just teleport to the front eh? Miller magic his way to 6th?

Rossi won a brilliant race yes, but fuck me do the pundits prat on about him whenever he wins a race .

I wasn't the slightest surprised he won that race, he has the bike and the ablility to manage races like a baws and that's why when I saw his quali position I knew he was the dude to back for the win. If Rossi isn't far off the pace on a Friday or Sat he'll be faster on Sunday as he's a racers racer and races to race. MV seems to be a practice-quali racer, I'm the fastest therefore I should win all the time, he's learning though so lookout.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Policeman Petrucci deserves a factory ride. Preferably on a Ducati. He complained about the blue flag not being shown, but possibly the marshals are out of practice. There seemed to be more lapped riders than usual - one of whom was #99
    All of those that got lapped had gone into the pits and swapped to bikes with wets on. The rain didn't materialize so the tyres were rapidly turning to shit and they were 5+ seconds a lap slower as well as the time it takes to swaps bikes.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Will BMW enter Motogp? In the next few years..

Just a thought. Recurring, as I watched this MCN vid. The HP4 racing, carbon, really fast version.

I'm impressed with the manufacturing technology, I would like to see BMW's idea of a MotoGP bike.

Interesting thought.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So this weekend... Who we thinking, anyone dumb enough? This time it should be a bit safer to predict I think.
    DP, MM and CC all run well there and it's apparently a Honda track... Could we see a locked down podium, cue Nick Harris voice, for the very very first time in a long long timeeee....

Bike
    77 XL250
    I will let you know after FP1

New surface - new tyres - dodgy weather - new bikes (for some)...
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I will let you know after FP1

New surface - new tyres - dodgy weather - new bikes (for some)...
    I think that now Rossi has a chassis that is turning for him he'll start giving it to Maverick more.

I'm going to get my bets in early I think, hunch tells me who is going to win so need to play it out while the odds are good.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I think that now Rossi has a chassis that is turning for him he'll start giving it to Maverick more.

I'm going to get my bets in early I think, hunch tells me who is going to win so need to play it out while the odds are good.
    I personally think Vinales hasn't finished finding the ground with his face. Otherwise he'd wrap the championship up with two rounds to go.

Bike
    Various things
    Smart money is on MM. He'll do an Austin on their asses. He owns this place too.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I personally think Vinales hasn't finished finding the ground with his face. Otherwise he'd wrap the championship up with two rounds to go.
    Yeah I think he's got the talent (obviously from his results) I just think he needs to realise that he's not the only one out there with talent.
    It'd be really easy to win a race if the other guys went, oh Mavericks been fastest in all the practice sessions, I might as well just let him win as he's gods gift to racing.
    His comments after races have given a good insight into his nature I think, I wouldn't call it ego I just sincerely think he's got the attitude that he's got the best package and pace therefore why didn't I win? He then says its the tyres or some voodo magic rather than an error by himself or his team. He also doesn't comprehend how track temp can change bikes performance so dramatically.
    Until he self reflects a bit more and stops blaming other shit he'll continue to have crashes.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Yeah I think he's got the talent (obviously from his results) I just think he needs to realise that he's not the only one out there with talent.
    It'd be really easy to win a race if the other guys went, oh Mavericks been fastest in all the practice sessions, I might as well just let him win as he's gods gift to racing.
    His comments after races have given a good insight into his nature I think, I wouldn't call it ego I just sincerely think he's got the attitude that he's got the best package and pace therefore why didn't I win? He then says its the tyres or some voodo magic rather than an error by himself or his team. He also doesn't comprehend how track temp can change bikes performance so dramatically.
    Until he self reflects a bit more and stops blaming other shit he'll continue to have crashes.
    The Spartan sword keeps spreading Yellow Puta Mamba butter on his tyres!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The podcast I listened to most recently, the Paddock Pass podcast IIRC - so many podcasts, so little time - was talking about the Yamaha frame situation. Some suspect it is last year's, others think it a new hybrid. Nobody who actually knows will say. Whatever it is, Rossi is happy but Vinales is making no attempt to hide the fact that he is completely pissed off.

MV uses a high corner speed technique, not unlike Lorenzo, Rossi is more the last of the late brakers. Be nice if Yamaha could give each of them a chassis they like, they have frames that suit each of them now.

Last year when DP and MM rejected the new Honda frame, Honda asked CC to persist with it. He did and now the Honda riders all have the same frame, apparently a development of that frame - and CC has a works contract.

There was also discussion of the methodology employed within the Ducati factory team. It's normal for the highest ranked rider in the team to be left alone to sort his settings during practice. The number two rider often becomes a test rider, trying an assortment of new parts and in consequence having less time to work on a consistent setting. I don't know if George will be enjoying that.

Looking forward to the weekend. Dorna are currently offering their video subscription 39% off, if it drops to 50% afer the next race I may invest.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    So this weekend... Who we thinking, anyone dumb enough? This time it should be a bit safer to predict I think.
    DP, MM and CC all run well there and it's apparently a Honda track... Could we see a locked down podium, cue Nick Harris voice, for the very very first time in a long long timeeee....
    its been newlty resealed....who knows what that will bring?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    its been newlty resealed....who knows what that will bring?
    MM and Pedro giving them all the learn.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    MM and Pedro giving them all the learn.
    That's what I am thinking, I just can't decide if my boi has the good with the harder carcus tyre to learn MM.

$9 odds though...

Thread Information