Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, that woke me up...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't violent as such in Upper Hutt but it did go on for long time. No damage, went out to the garage and the two bikes are still upright. At least it got Trump off the front page.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    motocompo
    Apparently we are world news. One of my clients that immigrated from Ireland a few years ago switched his phone on this morning to six missed calls from back home making sure he was ok. That was the first he had heard of it.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Had only just finished a 70 hr week after high water and broken sewer main then shaky. Now in for another week of fun times.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Apparently we are world news. One of my clients that immigrated from Ireland a few years ago switched his phone on this morning to six missed calls from back home making sure he was ok. That was the first he had heard of it.
    Normally go into my emails very early. Message there from a customer who's in Bali asking after his bikes and us - and he knew more than I did at that point.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Lewis is closed at Springs Junction.
    But only a few rocks on the road apparently.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by cruxis View Post
    Anyone reckon State highway 1 around kaikoura will be open by christmas hoildays ? Looking at the massive amount of slips The first week be used making safe to work in the area. Before they even begin to start on removal.

I reckon it wont be open by then.
    We were all about to book ferry tickets for our annual South Island ride in 2 weeks time. One of us heard the West Coast road near Punakaiki is also closed due to a slip. Can't find mention of it on Stuff. Anyone heard aboiut the West Coast?

Anyways we've decided it would be rude to go on a fun ride when the locals are suffering. Not that we would actually be able to get south beyond Picton at this stage. Kaikoura slips may take months to clear. Remember how many months the Manawatu Gorge was out a few years back from just one big slip.

Shakes were up there on the scary rectum scale here at Kapiti. Doubt many of us will sleep well tonight. Just pleased I wasn't in that wobbly 16 floor building we call work.

Edit- just checked NZTA. It's a Sept. slip at Meybille Bay down to one lane only.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...It's just a glitch in Paradise...broken towns need to sell fuel and hamburgers and shit to carry on...don't cancel anything...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cruxis View Post
    Anyone reckon State highway 1 around kaikoura will be open by christmas hoildays ? Looking at the massive amount of slips The first week be used making safe to work in the area. Before they even begin to start on removal.

I reckon it wont be open by then.
    Nope. It's not just clearing the slip there are parts when the coast/road have gone.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...months...

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...months...
    They've got till the 24th of December when I head through to Wanagnui to sort it out
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    They've got till the 24th of December when I head through to Wanagnui to sort it out
    http://www.pacship.co.nz/uploads/PacSchedDownload.pdf

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    We were all about to book ferry tickets for our annual South Island ride in 2 weeks time. One of us heard the West Coast road near Punakaiki is also closed due to a slip. Can't find mention of it on Stuff. Anyone heard aboiut the West Coast?

Anyways we've decided it would be rude to go on a fun ride when the locals are suffering. Not that we would actually be able to get south beyond Picton at this stage. Kaikoura slips may take months to clear. Remember how many months the Manawatu Gorge was out a few years back from just one big slip.

Shakes were up there on the scary rectum scale here at Kapiti. Doubt many of us will sleep well tonight. Just pleased I wasn't in that wobbly 16 floor building we call work.

Edit- just checked NZTA. It's a Sept. slip at Meybille Bay down to one lane only.
    I am heading down for our annual ride crossing over 5 dec. we all booked already for six bikes but seems like the wrong thing to do now? We are going west coast anyway but no fixed agenda really. Maybe rainbow and molesworth.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    my little pony
    Picton to Blenheim now open.
    Lewis Pass open 7am to 7pm only and single lane in places.
    Arthur's pass unconfirmed rumours of some damage.
    Wairau Valley to Murchison is going to be a very busy road for a long time.
    For those going to the Burt above is the way if not the entire West Coast.

Bike
    Various things
    Big mess. Big mess in my undies too. Kept me awake for the GP though! Pretty wobbly 5th floor.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/NBROnlin...53421208012273

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...It's just a glitch in Paradise...broken towns need to sell fuel and hamburgers and shit to carry on...don't cancel anything...
    This is truth. If you were coming down, come down. You may have to use some interesting route variations but you'll see more of some beautiful country.

Those places need your tourist dollar - badly.

Spend it here rather than possibly going overseas.

Thread Information