Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, that woke me up...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    it may take a bit longer to get fixed this time though..
    they won't want to push the dirt into the sea so where the hell are they going to truck it too? even then they will only work on one side of the slip at each end at a time as then they can chip away at it and truck it away, look how long one slip took in the manawatu gorge, this won't be sorted for a year if they can't push the shit in the drink

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    they won't want to push the dirt into the sea so where the hell are they going to truck it too? even then they will only work on one side of the slip at each end at a time as then they can chip away at it and truck it away, look how long one slip took in the manawatu gorge, this won't be sorted for a year if they can't push the shit in the drink
    If the road and rail weren't there, that's exactly where the land slip would have gone...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Good too see the Chinese tourists were safely evacuated by a helicopter chartered by the Chinese Embassy. Fuck everyone else though, as long as their own are safe.
    Do these people even have part of a soul?
    You'd be the first cunt to start moaning if it was Kiwis stuck in China, and our team rescued the locals first.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah good on them. Actually really helps lighten the rescue load.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    If the road and rail weren't there, that's exactly where the land slip would have gone...
    yip, but watch this space....

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    they won't want to push the dirt into the sea so where the hell are they going to truck it too?
    I thought exactly the same thing, that there will be some stupid rules that they can't just chuck it over the side of the road, and then I had this thought also...

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    And in the case of the streams further along the coast that regularly flood the road, that's exactly where it still goes.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Yeah! IKR? Surely they must have had some room in the cargo bay?? Those cows ain't gonna rescue themselves you know!
    But it kept those useress cunts off the road...which is summat you lot frequently whine about aye...

Bike
    Exercycle
    I think they'll have to put it in the sea but at chosen places. There's already several places along that road where they've reclaimed land and made scenic viewing points. Bound to be several bays where the road and rail could be moved out away from the cliffs.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    It's a win - win. We didn't pay to get them out and it's more food and water for Kaikoura - and less chemical toilets too.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    It's a win - win. We didn't pay to get them out and it's more food and water for Kaikoura - and less chemical toilets too.
    when they asked who wants to go first put their hands up, they one, cause they all put up their selfie sticks...

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Indeed. Why spend more time transporting in more supplies, when you can get say, half the people out, let them make their own way from chch, they can sort flights, accom, vehicles etc. Less people to deal with in the crisis zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Im not sure why we have thousands of trucks destroying the roads when rail & sea options are available.
    Rail and sea are slower
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Im not sure why we have thousands of trucks destroying the roads when rail & sea options are available.
    Maybe its got to do with the massive amount of RUC's the truckers pay.
    We must be the only island nation on earth that is actively trying to be ship less....

Nearly there

(Chinese outfit owns Pacifica now....)

Criminally ludicrous
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Imagine all those ferry trucks going through the Lewis.....

Plod will be aiming their radar guns at people passing the chicanes.....

Yeeha
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    I thought exactly the same thing, that there will be some stupid rules that they can't just chuck it over the side of the road, and then I had this thought also...
    When there was a big slip on the Thames-Coromandel coast road a few years ago, I'm pretty sure that the council simply gave a waiver and all the rocks and crap were dumped in the tide at a suitable location just down the road.

Thread Information