Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are some truck drivers so angry? A little road rage this morning...

Bike
    Kawasaki
    So, anyone else who rides a motorcycle, on the motorway, come across trucks doing this? Or is this a unicorn?

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
    So, anyone else who rides a motorcycle, on the motorway, come across trucks doing this? Or is this a unicorn?
    Were you lane-splitting or filtering?
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
    I'm not that worried, and can't be bothered following it up to be honest. If it was a car I would've just folded a wing mirror in (or out), and carried on.

This was just hilariously funny at the time, stupidly low-speed truck driver road rage, I could've used the far-far left lane at any time, but I thought I'd capture him on video and see what he had to say. He was too upset to talk to me though. He was sooooo angry!

Just wondered if anyone else had come across anything like it.
    If you can't be bothered to follow it up why did you 'bother' to post it here?

Maybe there is more to the story.....
    Maybe the OP was riding like a cunt and this wasn't shown in the pix...

Bike
    raptor 1000
    no matter what the motorbycilist did the goon in the truck has no right to drive like that

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    You had 4 lanes to choose from, driver had an issue so go for the lane that was furthest away.

Bike
    Suzuki tF125 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    no matter what the motorbycilist did the goon in the truck has no right to drive like that
    I think the truck driver really needed a strong coffee...:
    He had just driven from Silverdale on the Northern and was sick of the stop start driving.
    Plus he hates bikers who pass him!
    Remember there is two persons involved - the biker with the camera and the truck driver who is waiting for motorway salvation (next to know traffic).
    Did you ask him if he had been to Bishop Tamaki's sermon on earthquakes?

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    be easy on the truckie, he probably stressed to the max due to the eartquake

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    be easy on the truckie, he probably stressed to the max due to the eartquake
    so it would be ok for him to drive over a bike

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Were you lane-splitting or filtering?
    Both, depending on how the traffic flows.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    so it would be ok for him to drive over a bike
    sigh

Bike
    2011 BMW F650GS

Yes, it does happen sometimes

I have had something similar happen to me from time to time. But it is rare and normally reasonably easy to predict. You can spot the driver ahead eyeing you up in their rear vision mirror[s]. 999 times out of 1,000 then the driver either ignores you or makes some space available if they can. Sometimes you come across the 1 in 1,000. So move nicely across a couple of lanes out of their way, go past and then move back nicely across to at least one car in front of the blocker, give the blocker a nice friendly happy wave and keep going.

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    If you can't be bothered to follow it up why did you 'bother' to post it here?
    Not everyone types with two fingers, and has trouble with digital media. It only took me a couple of minutes during my work day to create the thread at my computer between jobs... Filling out incident reports, and dealing with the police on the other hand, takes longer.

No one was injured, no damage was caused. Reporting it is a waste of my time, and for what outcome? I travel 1000km per week, see worse driving than this, and don't have enough fucks in me to report every little thing I see on the road.

You guys can play private detective though, and stroke your justice-boners as much as you want. Fill your boots

Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Maybe there is more to the story.....
    Maybe the OP was riding like a cunt and this wasn't shown in the pix...
    Haha, I have never come across a truck driver doing this before, so was wondering if anyone else had come across similar. I also thought it might be interesting for others to see some local original content that was motorcycle related, and not just reposting old shit from Facebook/elsewhere.

Fill us in on what you think is missing from the story that causes a truck driver to react like that. I'm keen to see what you can come up with

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    I have had something similar happen to me from time to time. But it is rare and normally reasonably easy to predict. You can spot the driver ahead eyeing you up in their rear vision mirror[s]. 999 times out of 1,000 then the driver either ignores you or makes some space available if they can. Sometimes you come across the 1 in 1,000. So move nicely across a couple of lanes out of their way, go past and then move back nicely across to at least one car in front of the blocker, give the blocker a nice friendly happy wave and keep going.
    Yeah, wouldn't of worked in this situation. I had already passed his trailer before he saw me, and he floored it and pulled to the right as I came up to his door. There was a 6 metre gap between the front of his truck, and the back of the car in front of me. That quickly closed so I didn't try it.

I didn't know what he was doing until he took his foot off the gas and sat beside the car with an ever increasing gap in his lane in front of him.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    poor bastards get cut off,pulled out in front of,tailgated,near miss overtaking manouvres from both directions,hassled,checked,measured ,weighed,tooted at ,gestured at,you name it every day ,all day,no wonder they get a little grumpy!

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    poor bastards get cut off,pulled out in front of,tailgated,near miss overtaking manouvres from both directions,hassled,checked,measured ,weighed,tooted at ,gestured at,you name it every day ,all day,no wonder they get a little grumpy!
    I'd hate to see what they'd do on a bad day!

Thread Information