Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We're doomed

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Please quote correctly.... ONE OF the deadliest..... as per mainstream media reports on our deadliest roads. It has an exceptionally high number of fatals over relative short stretch (less than 20km)....
    flaming not required you're welcome to disagree with known facts.
    I did not incorrectly quote you, I chose to quote the phrase I wanted to quote to make the point I wanted to make, which I'll repeat, that there are no deadly roads, just drivers and riders who are unable to drive or ride to the conditions.

I am not disputing that there have been a number of fatal crashes on that section of road or for that matter on many other stretches of roads, so I am not disagreeing with "known facts".

Classic risk compensation. It's motorway standard sans the extra lanes and median barriers, hence people feel the need to stop paying attention. Add a high traffic count, pedestrians, cyclists and trucks........
    How can it be "motorway standard" when it does not meet the requisite requirements to be a motorway? If pedestrians and cyclists can access the road it can not be a motorway and so does not meet motorway standards. If it lacks a median barrier then, again, it probably doesn't meet motorway standards. I would also suggest that if "people feel the need to stop paying attention" has nothing to do with the state of the road but the attitude that many drivers and riders have towards the task of driving or riding.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    When the new law came out it blamnket staed that it was illegal to use a cellphone in anyway whilst riding a motorbike......

Stated her ein the article in last sentence http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10606600

However I MAY be WRONG as I just bgoogled the relevant legisdlation and cant find anything bike specific.... I await our resident expeerts
    Read the legislation yourself before you quote the media. The media doesn't spend time researching. That article is wrong.

The same laws regarding cellphone use apply to all vehicles.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    The same laws regarding cellphone use apply to all vehicles.
    ..."all good, as long as the cops dont see it"

Bike
    The C**t.
    "Bro im pulling a sick drift"
    To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead.

Thread Information