Thread: Anyone got a triumph speedmaster

Bike
    Klx250s

Anyone got a triumph speedmaster

Looking at these. Just wondering if there are any annoying niggles with them. Or what to look out for prior to purchase. General thoughts.
    Would they suit long distance riding?
    Any good as a daily?
    Any opinions or comments welcome
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    3 black ones
    had an 09 for a few years but sold it last year

went from chch to cape reianga it over a few days and was ok - not the most comfortable bike for long distance tho. seized the engine another time i went up north - ran over some wood which put a hole in the oil filter

the early fuel injected ones needed a fully charged battery to start. if it was below 12.6v the computer wouldnt let it start - was fixed in later ones

the early twin disc ones were useless. mine warped at 10k and were replaced under warrenty - then warped again about 30k

steering head bearings were another problem in mine and another couple of bikes i knew - just upgrade them

i used it for commuting and was ok

main reason i chose it was because it was cheap - for me found it a bit small and slow but did its job for a few years so overall happy with it

Bike
    Klx250s
    Hey thanks for that. Certainly gives me something to look into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I owned the America some years back - It was one of the fuel injected models which I fitted the Triumph 'Off-road' silencers to and had the map updated. In short it was simply fine at doing what it did. In other words I didn't find it to be particularly good at anything but neither was it bad. Sounded nice though.

The finish on the wheels can deteriorate rapidly if not looked after as can the finish on the engine casings too. Bear in mind that the engine's in a lower state of tune to the other Bonnie models too. It makes something like 54Bhp though the torque maxes at something like 3-3.5k revs so they're spritely enough.

Comfort-wise they've got the same setbacks as other cruiser style machines. I found the seat on mine to be the limiting factor. Certainly well before fuel especially as mine had the 19 litre tank and they're pretty economical if ridden sensibly.

They'll do whatever you want them to. They just aren't overly inspiring in any way - Not to me at least. I'd suggest the T100 or standard Bonnie if it's longer journeys you're after doing.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I had a t100
    865 but last of carby model.
    I put some extra go faster bits on it but the thing that killed it for me was rusting even though it was garaged and not ridden often when raining.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bonny shots 012.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	326446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bonny shots 006.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	326447  
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Thread Information