Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: tool for free camping

  1. #1
    Join Date
    11th December 2011 - 05:32
    Bike
    2008, Honda, XL700VA (Transalp)
    Location
    Cologne ((Köln), Germany
    Posts
    20

    tool for free camping

    For the motorcycle travellers, who like freedom camping:

    This seems to be a nice tool to find campsites for free. At least in North America there are plenty of them listed. For the rest of the world it´s terra incognita more or less.
    https://freecampsites.net

    Check out this one, too: http://ioverlander.com/
    You have to flag "informal campsites" and "wild camping"
    It has a much better global coverage than freecampsites.net.

    Cheers

    Panny
    around the world - a once in a lifetime adventure
    http://www.motorcycle-vagabonds.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    24th April 2014 - 09:16
    Bike
    2016 Yamaha XSR900
    Location
    Russell
    Posts
    363
    Why not pay your way,especially around New Zealand,our camp grounds need the business,then you can shit on toilets instead of on beaches and in streams and your Mrs can dispose of Tampons properly.I get fucking pissed off the the amount of freeloaders,mainly German cunts,who come here,buy a $500 shitter stationwagon to sleep in and proceed to polute our countryside and spend fuck all for as long as their Visa runs.Living in the Bay of Islands I see this all the time,I actually caught some kraut having a crap on my local beach recently and he had the nerve to complain there were no toilets,drive for 15 minutes you lazy cunt and you will find some (free as well).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    10th December 2009 - 22:42
    Bike
    Honda Harley Suzuki Velocette and shit
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    2,919
    ...just like kiwi and aussie 'world travellers', who have got a fucking bad name in 'choose anywhere', overseas for their drunken, we are the greatest, escapades ...Panny and Simone have had the balls to ride around the planet, and not on ashphalt for most of their journey, and are giving advice to real travellers...I suppose if you had the balls to do a trip like theirs you would have a few thousand extra $'s for staying in comfy stops in your pocket...they were not 'freedom campers', bludgeing their way around the traps...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Why not pay your way,especially around New Zealand,our camp grounds need the business,then you can shit on toilets instead of on beaches and in streams and your Mrs can dispose of Tampons properly.I get fucking pissed off the the amount of freeloaders,mainly German cunts,who come here,buy a $500 shitter stationwagon to sleep in and proceed to polute our countryside and spend fuck all for as long as their Visa runs.Living in the Bay of Islands I see this all the time,I actually caught some kraut having a crap on my local beach recently and he had the nerve to complain there were no toilets,drive for 15 minutes you lazy cunt and you will find some (free as well).
    Germans especially, come here & buy some antique BMW car that's long been obsolete in the motherland & try to tour the country in it to impress their forefathers, even though it's long past its use by date.
    They pin their hopes upon the generosity of the NZ tradesmen to make it all better for them.
    I'm fuckin over the fashion bearded, man bunned clowns.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    1st May 2011 - 12:35
    Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Location
    Blenheim.. now ChCh
    Posts
    1,794
    this may turn into a gooden...
    Pete

    90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    10th December 2009 - 22:42
    Bike
    Honda Harley Suzuki Velocette and shit
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    this may turn into a gooden...
    ...why...more shit kicking out of a bunch of people who may think differently to the kiwi, master race syndrome...wheres the good bit...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    20th December 2013 - 23:56
    Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Location
    Auckland, Waitakare
    Posts
    367
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-ple...ectid=11752701

    Sadly, a small minority spoil things for the rest of the good guys.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    10th December 2009 - 22:42
    Bike
    Honda Harley Suzuki Velocette and shit
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-ple...ectid=11752701

    Sadly, a small minority spoil things for the rest of the good guys.....
    ...true...but money hungry companies don't seem to give a rats arse about hiring out the freedom camping vans...maybe they should be pulled into line also...a responsible dog owner walks their dog and plays by the rules...irresponsible dog owners let the dog off the lead and don't give a fuck...there are always the cunts, but encouraging this freedom camping stuff is not helping...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    24th April 2014 - 09:16
    Bike
    2016 Yamaha XSR900
    Location
    Russell
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...true...but money hungry companies don't seem to give a rats arse about hiring out the freedom camping vans...maybe they should be pulled into line also...a responsible dog owner walks their dog and plays by the rules...irresponsible dog owners let the dog off the lead and don't give a fuck...there are always the cunts, but encouraging this freedom camping stuff is not helping...
    Mate,I kind of ignored your first post as you know nothing of my wordly motorcycling history,circa 1959 UK to NZ overland where possible on 250cc, try it sometime-So don't talk to me about having balls.-These bludgers share info advising each other where to camp for free,just like your Kraut mate is doing with his OP,if that is not encouraging free camping I don't know what is-FFS this country gives enough away to tourists as it is.Most of the companies you refer to have vans that at least have a chemical toilet-its the shitter waggons that are sold privately that are the problem.I live in the outer part of the Bay of Islands and mate,come and see the mess that gets dumped around our pristine beach areas when these animals have illegally parked overnight,that is then left for myself and neighbours to clean up.
    Of all the vehicles that I have approached for illegal camping in our area over the past 12 months,90% would be of German origin,what is it with the Ayrian race.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    10th December 2009 - 22:42
    Bike
    Honda Harley Suzuki Velocette and shit
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    2,919
    yeah yeah yeah...you should know better then...pics maybe...or are you just some bitter fucking pom who thinks they may be better than any other cunt...I could tell you some stories from out there on the big world too knob, but I'd rather just remember them myself...fuck off...I'm not particularly enamoured of any of the races that come here and treat our place like a shithole...Israelis, Spanish, Hooligan Brits, Asians on bus tours, and so on...open ya fucken eyes...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    24th April 2014 - 09:16
    Bike
    2016 Yamaha XSR900
    Location
    Russell
    Posts
    363
    Two words Epilictic-FUCK OFF

  12. #12
    Join Date
    5th December 2009 - 12:32
    Bike
    Black as
    Location
    Te Mosgiel
    Posts
    2,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Mate,I kind of ignored your first post as you know nothing of my wordly motorcycling history,circa 1959 UK to NZ overland where possible on 250cc, try it sometime-So don't talk to me about having balls.
    Bet you used flush toilets every day as well.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    20th October 2005 - 17:09
    Bike
    O
    Location
    ^
    Posts
    14,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Why not pay your way,especially around New Zealand,our camp grounds need the business,then you can shit on toilets instead of on beaches and in streams and your Mrs can dispose of Tampons properly.I get fucking pissed off the the amount of freeloaders,mainly German cunts,who come here,buy a $500 shitter stationwagon to sleep in and proceed to polute our countryside and spend fuck all for as long as their Visa runs.Living in the Bay of Islands I see this all the time,I actually caught some kraut having a crap on my local beach recently and he had the nerve to complain there were no toilets,drive for 15 minutes you lazy cunt and you will find some (free as well).
    There was an article on TV some time ago about freedom campers practically shitting in the shrubs on traffic islands in West Coast Town. I am absolutely certain there would have been public toilets close by....even in a servo.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    25th June 2012 - 11:56
    Bike
    DR650XT Dakar
    Location
    Target moving no signal
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    There was an article on TV some time ago about freedom campers practically shitting in the shrubs on traffic islands in West Coast Town. I am absolutely certain there would have been public toilets close by....even in a servo.
    Lets not forget the special nationality no ones allowed to say anything bad about.... Remember it was headline news for about two days when four of them got out opf their CAMPERVAN and shit in someones suburban front yard for a laugh...

    I've met a lot of germans, french and dutch and they've msotly all been very nice people over last couple years, the ladies especially

    Last tuesday I was very fortunate a german tourist helped me recover the dR after i found a hidden minefield of sinkholes in a grassy rest area in Mangamuka Gorge. He did wait til id dug a whole big enough for the whole tribe to shit in though
    But I shook his hand and said thank you very much.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161122_1221ccc.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	462.3 KB 
ID:	326507
    Failing to take corners and life seriously since 197X

  15. #15
    Join Date
    25th June 2012 - 11:56
    Bike
    DR650XT Dakar
    Location
    Target moving no signal
    Posts
    1,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Why not pay your way,especially around New Zealand,our camp grounds need the business.
    I think a bit of mix and match is way to go, there are some cool spots nowhere near holidy aprks.
    Stayed at Tutukaka HP on Monday, excellent site and staff $20. Gave me free 50c coin for first shower.
    Failing to take corners and life seriously since 197X

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •