Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tool for free camping

Bike
    2008, Honda, XL700VA (Transalp)

tool for free camping

For the motorcycle travellers, who like freedom camping:

This seems to be a nice tool to find campsites for free. At least in North America there are plenty of them listed. For the rest of the world it´s terra incognita more or less.
    https://freecampsites.net

Check out this one, too: http://ioverlander.com/
    You have to flag "informal campsites" and "wild camping"
    It has a much better global coverage than freecampsites.net.

Cheers

Panny
    around the world - a once in a lifetime adventure
    http://www.motorcycle-vagabonds.com/

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Why not pay your way,especially around New Zealand,our camp grounds need the business,then you can shit on toilets instead of on beaches and in streams and your Mrs can dispose of Tampons properly.I get fucking pissed off the the amount of freeloaders,mainly German cunts,who come here,buy a $500 shitter stationwagon to sleep in and proceed to polute our countryside and spend fuck all for as long as their Visa runs.Living in the Bay of Islands I see this all the time,I actually caught some kraut having a crap on my local beach recently and he had the nerve to complain there were no toilets,drive for 15 minutes you lazy cunt and you will find some (free as well).

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...just like kiwi and aussie 'world travellers', who have got a fucking bad name in 'choose anywhere', overseas for their drunken, we are the greatest, escapades ...Panny and Simone have had the balls to ride around the planet, and not on ashphalt for most of their journey, and are giving advice to real travellers...I suppose if you had the balls to do a trip like theirs you would have a few thousand extra $'s for staying in comfy stops in your pocket...they were not 'freedom campers', bludgeing their way around the traps...

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Why not pay your way,especially around New Zealand,our camp grounds need the business,then you can shit on toilets instead of on beaches and in streams and your Mrs can dispose of Tampons properly.I get fucking pissed off the the amount of freeloaders,mainly German cunts,who come here,buy a $500 shitter stationwagon to sleep in and proceed to polute our countryside and spend fuck all for as long as their Visa runs.Living in the Bay of Islands I see this all the time,I actually caught some kraut having a crap on my local beach recently and he had the nerve to complain there were no toilets,drive for 15 minutes you lazy cunt and you will find some (free as well).
    Germans especially, come here & buy some antique BMW car that's long been obsolete in the motherland & try to tour the country in it to impress their forefathers, even though it's long past its use by date.
    They pin their hopes upon the generosity of the NZ tradesmen to make it all better for them.
    I'm fuckin over the fashion bearded, man bunned clowns.

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    this may turn into a gooden...
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    this may turn into a gooden...
    ...why...more shit kicking out of a bunch of people who may think differently to the kiwi, master race syndrome...wheres the good bit...

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-ple...ectid=11752701

Sadly, a small minority spoil things for the rest of the good guys.....

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-ple...ectid=11752701

Sadly, a small minority spoil things for the rest of the good guys.....
    ...true...but money hungry companies don't seem to give a rats arse about hiring out the freedom camping vans...maybe they should be pulled into line also...a responsible dog owner walks their dog and plays by the rules...irresponsible dog owners let the dog off the lead and don't give a fuck...there are always the cunts, but encouraging this freedom camping stuff is not helping...

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...true...but money hungry companies don't seem to give a rats arse about hiring out the freedom camping vans...maybe they should be pulled into line also...a responsible dog owner walks their dog and plays by the rules...irresponsible dog owners let the dog off the lead and don't give a fuck...there are always the cunts, but encouraging this freedom camping stuff is not helping...
    Mate,I kind of ignored your first post as you know nothing of my wordly motorcycling history,circa 1959 UK to NZ overland where possible on 250cc, try it sometime-So don't talk to me about having balls.-These bludgers share info advising each other where to camp for free,just like your Kraut mate is doing with his OP,if that is not encouraging free camping I don't know what is-FFS this country gives enough away to tourists as it is.Most of the companies you refer to have vans that at least have a chemical toilet-its the shitter waggons that are sold privately that are the problem.I live in the outer part of the Bay of Islands and mate,come and see the mess that gets dumped around our pristine beach areas when these animals have illegally parked overnight,that is then left for myself and neighbours to clean up.
    Of all the vehicles that I have approached for illegal camping in our area over the past 12 months,90% would be of German origin,what is it with the Ayrian race.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    yeah yeah yeah...you should know better then...pics maybe...or are you just some bitter fucking pom who thinks they may be better than any other cunt...I could tell you some stories from out there on the big world too knob, but I'd rather just remember them myself...fuck off...I'm not particularly enamoured of any of the races that come here and treat our place like a shithole...Israelis, Spanish, Hooligan Brits, Asians on bus tours, and so on...open ya fucken eyes...

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Two words Epilictic-FUCK OFF

Bike
    It was on the good
    Mate,I kind of ignored your first post as you know nothing of my wordly motorcycling history,circa 1959 UK to NZ overland where possible on 250cc, try it sometime-So don't talk to me about having balls.
    Bet you used flush toilets every day as well.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    There was an article on TV some time ago about freedom campers practically shitting in the shrubs on traffic islands in West Coast Town. I am absolutely certain there would have been public toilets close by....even in a servo.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    There was an article on TV some time ago about freedom campers practically shitting in the shrubs on traffic islands in West Coast Town. I am absolutely certain there would have been public toilets close by....even in a servo.
    Lets not forget the special nationality no ones allowed to say anything bad about.... Remember it was headline news for about two days when four of them got out opf their CAMPERVAN and shit in someones suburban front yard for a laugh...

I've met a lot of germans, french and dutch and they've msotly all been very nice people over last couple years, the ladies especially

Last tuesday I was very fortunate a german tourist helped me recover the dR after i found a hidden minefield of sinkholes in a grassy rest area in Mangamuka Gorge. He did wait til id dug a whole big enough for the whole tribe to shit in though
    But I shook his hand and said thank you very much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161122_1221ccc.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	462.3 KB 
ID:	326507
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Why not pay your way,especially around New Zealand,our camp grounds need the business.
    I think a bit of mix and match is way to go, there are some cool spots nowhere near holidy aprks.
    Stayed at Tutukaka HP on Monday, excellent site and staff $20. Gave me free 50c coin for first shower.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information