Thread: Frame sliders

Bike
    2019 Ninja

Frame sliders

Hello. I know this has been spoken about before but now for awhile. Frame slider/crash knobs.. I see they come under a few names. I am considering getting some while I learn just incase I drop my bike again or wind, I crash etc.... The main reason being is I understand the handles are quite weak on the hyosung gt250r (as per most pages i have read) and brake easily. I am thinking to install these so that if I do tip the bike I will not have to replace the handles everytime. I understand that a hole will need to be cut in the guards but I believe that is a small price to pay. In my mind this is a good idea, but I am an idiot so love to hear your opnions. Found a few places to buy but open to that also already knowing I will be spending $200-$350 Just wondering your thoughts? And if I was to get some would anyone be willing to install them for me?

Thanks you

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    In the track, frame sliders are excellent. In the streets is a bit different. They still have advantages... buuut, a few problems.

Frame sliders won't be big enough to stop the handles from hitting the ground, so they'll still break.

They protect the frame and engine cases in a slide, great, but if you sliders into a kurb, a pot hole or even a cat's eye the wrong way, the frame sliders are more likely to transfer the crash momentum straight into the frame. Damaged frame = write off. Fucked fairings and a engine casing is probably still a write off for a $3000 bike. But it is repairable.

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Aaa ok thanks for this. Guess its best just to get good haha

Bike
    Kawasaki
    ^^What he said. I'd save the cash and put it towards your insurance excess (that you hopefully don't have to use) instead.

I never bothered with them, and the majority of people I ride with don't have them either. The two riders I know that, have had them that have crashed, both totalled their bikes when they came off anyway. One at the track, and one on the street.

So for their cost, sliders don't always help...

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Thanks for the information. This us why it is always goos to ask for expert knowledge

Bike
    Sold
    I've had crash knobs on my last 3 bikes. The fairing-mounted ones on my Blackbird saved the fairing on a stationary drop about 10 years ago. For my latest bike, I bought them through eBay for about $150 from the UK and they bolt straight into an existing hole.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04178.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	373.6 KB 
ID:	326472  

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I've had crash knobs on my last 3 bikes. The fairing-mounted ones on my Blackbird saved the fairing on a stationary drop about 10 years ago. For my latest bike, I bought them through eBay for about $150 from the UK and they bolt straight into an existing hole.
    Thats pretty cool. No where near as expensive as i thought. But as the others said it would t save my handles and that is all i am rearly after at this stage.

Bike
    CB1300
    I have some cheapies off eBay. $60 inc freight.
    Yes they increase the risk of a tumble rather than a slide in a decent off but I got them because of the anecdotal evidence around the internet that low speed or no speed drops are known to crack cases on my model of bike.
    In the last 23 years bikes have ended in their side way more often without my involvement than with. Last thing I need is come out of a shop to find my bike on its side dribbling oil.

As to keeping your bars from breaking, you could replace them with higher quality ones. They may still break or bend but the chances you'll be riding home to sort it out later is higher.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    GET SOME !

These should do the trick $31.86 from ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frame-Slider...rPNtmQ&vxp=mtr

Genuine $325.65 : http://www.hyosungmotorcycles.co.nz/crash-knobs.html

Sliders are perfect for protecting your fairings...

Everyone does stupid shit & drops there bike. wether it's in the garage, washing it or patiently waiting for some hottie to walk past in front of you in a wet, slippery carpark building while in slow motion, your foot slips out from under you.

Who gives a crap about what frame sliders do to your bike in a crash .... it'll likely be a write off anyway. That's what insurance is for.

Get them !
    Supersize Me

Bike
    Sold
    [QUOTE=mrchips;1131015170]GET SOME !

Genuine $325.65 : http://www.hyosungmotorcycles.co.nz/crash-knobs.html
    QUOTE]

Typical NZ rip-off which is why eBay is your friend! Here's a typical eBay price for the Hyosung 650 - 1/3 the price and there are cheaper options for other models. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyosung-GT65...sAAOSw~bFWQpc6 Most of the accessories I buy through eBay only take a week to arrive using NZ Post's YouShop service.

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Wow ok so a few different opnions here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I am glad they helped, they look quite nice.

Thread Information