Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another thing wrong (not starting) learning alot

Bike
    2019 Ninja

Another thing wrong (not starting) learning alot

Hello everyone, you must be getting sick of me by now.
    So I get the handles on and put it all together and it is amazing, try to start it and nothing. no idea why, try a few times nothing. I undo the starter swtich and its all connected fine. I put the bike into 1st try the rocking and still nothing. I then tried again I think i mighta twisted the clutch and it started, twice in row then after that nothing. It does not even attempt to start no winding or anything, but I am sure i hear it fueling.

Any thoughts? I think maybe clutch ? but it was fine up until i dropped it on its right. So i think im picking at straws.

I tried to get it into a bike mech but seems very difficult to get it there.

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries
    Right, the bike dropped, the right clip-on snapped so you swapped out a broken right clip-on and now it won't start.

You say you "twisted the clutch" and it started, you mean you're pulling the clutch all the way in when you start it? Is the clutch moving down by the engine when you pull it in?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Stand switch.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Stand switch.
    I was thinking that too. He could try starting with the kick-stand up, in Neutral with the clutch pulled in (and kill switch off).

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Hyobung, pull the clutch in to start it. Check the wires are on the clutch lever.

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Hyobung, pull the clutch in to start it. Check the wires are on the clutch lever.
    Have not touched it so cant see why it would be that.

Quote Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post
    I was thinking that too. He could try starting with the kick-stand up, in Neutral with the clutch pulled in (and kill switch off).
    Tried no difference but will try again

Right, the bike dropped, the right clip-on snapped so you swapped out a broken right clip-on and now it won't start.

You say you "twisted the clutch" and it started, you mean you're pulling the clutch all the way in when you start it? Is the clutch moving down by the engine when you pull it in?
    The switch didnt seem to break and looks fine. Using the original. Guessing about clutch issue being i have not altered it.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    finest chinese quality.

put up the bat signal. georg will sort your shit out.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    finest chinese quality.

put up the bat signal. georg will sort your shit out.
    Korean aren't they?

Sounds like a loose wire or faulty sensor on the side stand switch, clutch sensor or kill switch. My money is on kill switch loose wire

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Korean aren't they?

Sounds like a loose wire or faulty sensor on the side stand switch, clutch sensor or kill switch. My money is on kill switch loose wire
    Ok well im going to re solder the kill switch wires. Anyway to check clutch abd kill switch sensors?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostinu13 View Post
    Ok well im going to re solder the kill switch wires. Anyway to check clutch abd kill switch sensors?
    Pull a plug and see if you have spark.

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Great I see I have to remove the side fairings and the radiator to get to the front one.

So started first time this mroning, let it run for 2mins then turned it off will try again later. Hopefully it starts again

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Great I see I have to remove the side fairings and the radiator to get to the front one.

So started first time this mroning, let it run for 2mins then turned it off will try again later. Hopefully it starts again
    Welcome to sports bikes, fairings off is common. Sounds like its sorted anyway.

Bike
    2019 Ninja
    Hopefully, second time was a bit touchy but started it so didnt jynx it. Went for my first ride. Was a good experience. Need alot of practice to build my confidence though

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up That sounds positive.

Hopefully, second time was a bit touchy but started it so didnt jynx it. Went for my first ride. Was a good experience. Need alot of practice to build my confidence though

There are a few barriers to being a confident rider:

Barrier #1 – Focusing on what might go wrong. When your mind is running in circles about all the bad things that could happen, it’s impossible for you to focus on what is actually happening in the present moment. You are being reactive rather than pro-active.

Barrier #2 – Feeling judged by others (especially if you come off). When you worry about what other people are thinking, you get in your own way.

Barrier #3 – Being a perfectionist. It is unreasonable to look for perfection in yourself. It’s really is a journey. You will have good days and bad days.

The bottom line – Being a confident rider requires both technical skills and a positive mindset.

Bike
    2019 Ninja

Barrier #2 – Feeling judged by others (especially if you come off). When you worry about what other people are thinking, you get in your own way.

B
    Yes I agree. I think for myself my biggest one is #2 but I will get over it. I got over the amount of people telling me im stupid for getting a bike haha.

Thread Information