Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Setting up GSXR750 for track days

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Starting to get a handle on the thing. Lots of little things needed adjusting but rode it to and from work today and heaps better. Just set sags and set the adjusters to the factory settings. They were all over the place. Fork ones were different side to side. Think Im going to need a gripper seat cover.
    Cool spokes, as my previous post , you have found someone fiddled with the fuckin thing.
    Just ride it and get the feel for it. I must admit I have never really enjoyed trackdays that much.Besides having to pay for the priv,the tyres still wear out.
    we didn't have them years ago so a fang with the boys on a sunday was our track day (and pretty hectic they were too ). Not acceptable on the roads nowdays haha.
    Did a few years of competition on tracks, that seemed to quench the thirst but trackdays not so much.
    Enjoy !
    ps been chatting to Dale Walker about his project GSX S , It'll be for sale soon.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Cool spokes, as my previous post , you have found someone fiddled with the fuckin thing.
    Just ride it and get the feel for it. I must admit I have never really enjoyed trackdays that much.Besides having to pay for the priv,the tyres still wear out.
    we didn't have them years ago so a fang with the boys on a sunday was our track day (and pretty hectic they were too ). Not acceptable on the roads nowdays haha.
    Did a few years of competition on tracks, that seemed to quench the thirst but trackdays not so much.
    Enjoy !
    ps been chatting to Dale Walker about his project GSX S , It'll be for sale soon.
    Yeah pulled the SET valve out this morning. I want to fit a manual cam chain tensioner and its in the way big time.

Next big job is a tail tidy!

For me it will be ART days where you get training to improve my skill. Thats what Im after.

Dale is good people. My GSX1250 will toast the GSXR750 to 140. Its a freight train.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Tank grips and $40 ebay clip ons and your good to go
    Aftermarket clipons need to be top quality, that $40 shit pinches the fork tubes and is absolute crap.

It's a gixxer. Thumb the starter, and proceed to rape the bitch.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Aftermarket clipons need to be top quality, that $40 shit pinches the fork tubes and is absolute crap.

It's a gixxer. Thumb the starter, and proceed to rape the bitch.
    Is there a problem with the stock clip ons? Or are they easy to break in a slide?

Yeah pretty much on the rape it bit.

Do they need manual cam chain tensioners?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Is there a problem with the stock clip ons? Or are they easy to break in a slide?

Yeah pretty much on the rape it bit.

Do they need manual cam chain tensioners?
    Standard bars are absolute pick of the bunch. Amateurs wank on about widening the bars, don't do it. Current NZ1 insists on only Suzuki standard part, he might know what he's talking about.

Standard auto tensioner in the Ray Clee built Yoshi/Gixxer motors is the go, so I'd suggest stick with it.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Standard bars are absolute pick of the bunch. Amateurs wank on about widening the bars, don't do it. Current NZ1 insists on only Suzuki standard part, he might know what he's talking about.

Standard auto tensioner in the Ray Clee built Yoshi/Gixxer motors is the go, so I'd suggest stick with it.
    Funny thing is I thought today wider bars would be nice.

More i want them a bit further forward so I will probably grind the little nips off so i can move em.

Has a slight cam chain rattle so will probably just fit a new chain at some stage.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Funny thing is I thought today wider bars would be nice.

More i want them a bit further forward so I will probably grind the little nips off so i can move em.

Has a slight cam chain rattle so will probably just fit a new chain at some stage.
    Sit further back. Moving the bars out just means they foul the fairing and life gets difficult.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Sit further back. Moving the bars out just means they foul the fairing and life gets difficult.
    Fair call. Getting some tank grip so I can hold myself back.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    if throttle response is too slow, r1 or r6 throttle tube will help.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    if throttle response is too slow, r1 or r6 throttle tube will help.
    Yeah its got a long turn on it, have an R1 one on my 1250 so may do the same on the 750.

Did about 300ks on it over the weekend. Getting used to it. It wont get much riding now until after new years.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Fair call. Getting some tank grip so I can hold myself back.
    Consider getting the seat recovered as well. Had to replace the one on my old SV due to UV damage and was offered a few options. The one I went for ended up being as grippy as a very grippy thing - might have been the motocross option I am not sure.

Traded the SV for a GSXR this year and with my waterproofs on I am all over the place, the old nuts/tank scenario is one thought, so is sliding off the side. Am loathe to go and replace undamaged stuff on a new bike but to be honest it is shit.

For info it was a car upholsterer I used, I think I got charged $40 or something like that. Excellent job, unbelievable price.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Have now got fork extenders on the way and base settings from Dave Moss. Going to have him give it the full work over late Jan.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Have now got fork extenders on the way and base settings from Dave Moss. Going to have him give it the full work over late Jan.
    Fork extenders? The sem fiddly isn't gonna cut a faster lap running that deep under brakes I shouldn't think.

Might be an idea to chuck some fairings on it and get some seat time before fucking around with geometry.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Fork extenders? The sem fiddly isn't gonna cut a faster lap running that deep under brakes I shouldn't think.

Might be an idea to chuck some fairings on it and get some seat time before fucking around with geometry.
    Jezzz, your no fun.

Mid feb before my first track day so got to do something. Ton of info on them so i know my start setting. Seems they love more trail as well as swingarm angle so thats easy.

Ive decided I want to do a pipe, but cant be arsed with a PC yet.

Then I can enter the Highway 16 gp.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Righto, just had my first track day on the Gixxer. Its now got a SC project pipe and a PC, they came up cheap at Revzilla.

I hired Dave Moss for the day, the bike is set up well for me know. Tyres look good.

The day went better than I expected. After the third session is was getting back into it.

Things I need to sort are, a quick turn throttle and rearsets.

I had to double grab the throttle to get it wide and I need the pegs up and back. I couldnt lock into the bike.

But real happy with its first time out.

Thread Information