Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoei Helmets. Still premium? That noise and how to fix it.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    So many words.
    Should have bought a HJC
    Been a HJC fan for a lot of years now. They just fit my head right

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Been a HJC fan for a lot of years now. They just fit my head right
    I switched to HJC from KBC (perfect head fit) because I wanted a particular graphic, turns out the HJC is a perfect head fit as well. I usually bought a new helmet when I bought a new bike...annually at one point. 2011 I bought an FZ8 and a white KBC lid to go with it, then saw a the HJC and still have that helmet, stopped all that new stuff nonsense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KBC-XP3_DOUBLE_BLK.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	326633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FS11.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	326634  

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I switched to HJC from KBC (perfect head fit) because I wanted a particular graphic, turns out the HJC is a perfect head fit as well. I usually bought a new helmet when I bought a new bike...annually at one point. 2011 I bought an FZ8 and a white KBC lid to go with it, then saw a the HJC and still have that helmet, stopped all that new stuff nonsense.
    What about the other one you had at one point. Could we say "...it was made for fitting you baby, you were made for wearing it..." iykwim

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post
    What about the other one you had at one point. Could we say "...it was made for fitting you baby, you were made for wearing it..." iykwim
    I still have that... wore it on our 08' north Island tour, it's a KBC lid. Here we are at Lottin Point East Cape taking the CB off road. Anne took the photo as pillion.
    Only wankers need helmet mounted cameras. Just take your film crew with you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lottin off road.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	667.8 KB 
ID:	326635  

Bike
    R1200GSA
    ........Anne took the photo as pillion. Only wankers need helmet mounted cameras. Just take your film crew with you.
    And if your better half rides rather than pillions?
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Make her wear the helmet cam, because it's all about capturing your ride...

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Twas a wee bit of sarcasm directed at the thread concerned. I see your point, and it's only been in the past two years they we decided to have one bike only, purely because riding is no longer an every other weekend fun time like it was for good number of years prior.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Make her wear the helmet cam, because it's all about capturing your ride...

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    absolutely, its all about me

Twas a wee bit of sarcasm directed at the thread concerned. I see your point, and it's only been in the past two years they we decided to have one bike only, purely because riding is no longer an every other weekend fun time like it was for good number of years prior.
    so I made you feel a wee bit bad then? My wife started riding (a motorcycle) herself a year ago. Having the helmet cam has been a great learning tool for us to use, filming the ride allows a really good debrief giving some positive affirmation of when things go well and something to think about when they aren't so flash (for both of us)
    I enjoy the editing process, just not very good at it. Its a great way to create some tangible memories.
    Last edited by Ulsterkiwi; 7th December 2016 at 11:50. Reason: Preservation of Big Dog's coffee
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    CB1300
    My wife started riding herself a year ago.
    This sentence made me glad I did not have a mouthful of fresh coffee...

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    This sentence made me glad I did not have a mouthful of fresh coffee...

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    yes, I pretty much fed the trolls there didn't I.........

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    So, as it turns out - ive just invested in the gt air. Fark me, turns out there is a reason why people pay a little more for these lids. I loved my avg's as they felt like they fitted well however they have only ever been the middle of the range versions and the diff between the shoei and old lids is night and day.... everything just feels more substantial and better engineering'd. And, the best bit.... its fookin quiet.

Thats all

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So, as it turns out - ive just invested in the gt air. Fark me, turns out there is a reason why people pay a little more for these lids. I loved my avg's as they felt like they fitted well however they have only ever been the middle of the range versions and the diff between the shoei and old lids is night and day.... everything just feels more substantial and better engineering'd. And, the best bit.... its fookin quiet.

Thats all

Glad you like your new Shoei. I was happy with mine, but it turns out I like Arai even more.

Strange little thread this. Someone uses a product in a way that was never intended, then complains about the quality. Ah well, we seem to get stuff like that on KB.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Glad you like your new Shoei. I was happy with mine, but it turns out I like Arai even more.

Strange little thread this. Someone uses a product in a way that was never intended, then complains about the quality. Ah well, we seem to get stuff like that on KB.
    Fair call. Arai I tried felt a bit off for me so I went with the Shoei.

But quality gear just works out better.

Bike
    2016 GSXS 1000F
    Blog Entries

Thats all

Glad to hear you like the helmet I have just ordered. My 8 year old Raid 2 should have replaced a while ago. This is a big splash of cash and paying for graphics in the GT Air Expanse (red&black). These helmets need to be good given the horrendous price.
    Here for the ride.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    You're paying for a hand made, Japanese helmet that probably has better paint quality than your motorcycle.

Unlike some other stuff (TYRES!), Shoei helmets are priced reasonably here compared to overseas.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Thread Information