Thread: Electric Bikes?

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport

Electric Bikes?

Not my cup of tea, but has anyone ridden any of these ?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/motor...rtanntp#page=6

200 hp with 168 ft.-lbs. of torque giving a top speed of 344kph..

Doesn't use much fuel either
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eBike.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	326594  

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    range ?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    range ?

Their in lies the rub.

When I think about the leaps in technology over the last 25 years I get a bit excited about the next 25 years. I suspect we will see bikes with mind bending performance and a lot more range than a fat tank GS.

TBH though, I want to see main stream fuel injected and fully mapped 2T's. No doubt leccy bikes are and will continue to be a hoot but I need visceral, something talking to me.

Retrosexual to my dying breath.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    I'd love to have a go on one. Electric is the future, it's not taken long for the hybrid super cars to outperform their petrol only cousins. I rode an electric assist mountain bike a couple of months ago - brilliant bit of kit. You can stomp uphill as quickly as you can downhill.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbuoy View Post
    I'd love to have a go on one. Electric is the future, it's not taken long for the hybrid super cars to outperform their petrol only cousins. I rode an electric assist mountain bike a couple of months ago - brilliant bit of kit. You can stomp uphill as quickly as you can downhill.
    Yup, it is the future. Quite a few hurdles to be jumped, but they will be. Bring it on!
    Manopausal.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I for one will miss the sound and feel of a fossil burning machine, to me it's a lot of the 'soul' of a bike.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I for one will miss the sound and feel of a fossil burning machine, to me it's a lot of the 'soul' of a bike.
    I completely agree but the eye popping acceleration will go some way to make up for it. I still love the burble of a V engine but I'd still ride or drive an electric car as a commuter or every day vehicle. Buy them while you can.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Askor on here has an E-Bike he made himself which will blow ya mind with it's acceleration. Only rode it a few times but it'll easily outstrip a fair few bikes off the mark. Instant torque, instant power, what isn't there to like?

The IOM Zero TT guys said it's surreal going around the TT and actually being able to hear the crowd cheering. Only downside is the birds don't hear ya comin...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Askor on here has an E-Bike he made himself which will blow ya mind with it's acceleration. Only rode it a few times but it'll easily outstrip a fair few bikes off the mark. Instant torque, instant power, what isn't there to like?

The IOM Zero TT guys said it's surreal going around the TT and actually being able to hear the crowd cheering. Only downside is the birds don't hear ya comin...
    Even the E-Mountain bike I rode had 80nm of torque available from a standstill! I went up a set of stairs I would normally have to carry or push the bike up. The line between trail/trial and E- bike is about to get blurry.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    range ?
    All you need is chch to akaroa and back mate

Part of my job for the last few months has been keeping 35 electric scooters on the road. They have a way to go vs dino bone juice options.

Thread Information