Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Helmet mounted cameras

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    "Helmet mounted cameras"... are gay as shit. dont be a faggot,
    and stop contributing your shit (and everyone elses) to the mass-surveillance overlords.
    for fucks sakes. i might swerve my truck at the next motorcyclist i see videoing shit that nobody, but nobody, will ever give a fuck about.

Akzle, you started out well. That first line is gold. Sadly though it all went downhill from there, passing through paranoia en route to God knows where?

To the OP, I wouldn't mount a camera on a helmet. There is a camera mount fitted to my tank, it attaches to the screws that hold the filler cap. Check EBay.
    Not that I use a camera, the mount is occupied by a radar detector.

The advantage of this camera mount system is that you can include your speedo in the picture. The police will be eternally grateful for your efforts in this regard.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Have to agree, bought a GoPro last year, used it half a dozen times on rides, 5% interesting footage, 95% deleted. Still glad I bought one though.
    Its often the same for professional photographers and filmers, even though you often know what type of image you want to create so many things have to come together, good composition, lighting , interesting subject etc.....
    Quoting Scott Kelby but found the numbers about the same.... "go out hiking for landscape shots, 180 images, out of those about 10 are probably really good, and out of those ten maybe one or two are perfect enough to be saleable"

I've often found Gopro and also at times DSLR mounted on trucks to be good for getting frame grabs or still images in places where you cant stop to flaff about for photos.
    To produce an interesting 5 min video clip to go with a magazine article I'd probablyu shoot about an hour of various footage....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V2Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	367.1 KB 
ID:	326626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc-1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	313.6 KB 
ID:	326627  
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    R1200GSA
    I use contour roams, two of them, one usually on my helmet the other in a variety of places around the bike. I dont use them on the commute, just on longer trips. If in a group (and I don't feel pressured to keep up and subsequently die) I often clamp one on another bike, just to mix things up for the edit.

Anyway, the resolution is fine, the camera is much less intrusive than a gopro, battery life is pretty good, VERY simple to use and a major for me is its waterproof without needing a separate housing.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Its often the same for professional photographers and filmers, .
    ...the world never seemed to have this problem when films only had 24 exposures and you had to wait a week to find out.
    fuck modern tech.

Bike
    CB1300
    ...the world never seemed to have this problem when films only had 24 exposures and you had to wait a week to find out.
    fuck modern tech.
    I know what you mean. I take way too many photos trying to capture memories and seem to spend almost as long deleting the shitty half.
    On the other hand, if I'm going out for the express purpose of taking photos I like to limit myself to 36 frames per subject (e.g. light) no reviewing them until I get home.
    I always loaded 36 frames in my old Ricoh. Hand rolled black as white for art, Fujifilm colour for events.
    I did a few events like that before I settled on a career. Right pocket with unexposed and Left with exposed. Trying to make every shot count on a fully manual SLR. Doing your best to be ready to change roll when nothing was going on.
    It's just not as exciting with a DSLR.
    Maybe that's why my Nikon only comes out occasionally.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Wife bought a Sony. Image stabilisation is first rate. Has a wrist remote which is useful (to a pillion) as it has a screen and she can see what the camera sees but the Bluetooth link halves the camera battery life. Streamlined, so little drag helmet mounted.
    Have to agree with previous posts about time consumption of editing.
    Came home from bike trip in USA last year with 25 hours of video plus a few thousand stills. Have whittled it down to a 2.5 hour summary of our trip with 3 sound tracks (camera, commentary and music fill). Well pleased with the result and we sit down and watch it on the big screen telly from time to time. Worked out OK for a first attempt but it took fkn ages - about 1 evening on the puter for one day on the road. Was a 36 day trip.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    The motorbike cops here in WA use mainly Drift Ghost cams with bar mount remote controls. A couple have 2 cameras - a Drift one side and a Countour the other ..The Drift is the preferred unit - it has a screen on the side they can play back the footage of Fuckwittus texting, wanking, etc., while they give them a ticket.

I've got a Countour Roam - fairly easy to use but doesn't have the loop ability like the Drift and the batteries don't last as long.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    Came home from bike trip in USA last year with 25 hours of video plus a few thousand stills. Have whittled it down to a 2.5 hour summary
    ...about 1 evening on the puter for one day on the road.
    might i suggest that your doing it wrong.

you can whittle 98% of the shit (and since it is 98% shit, this isn't hard) pretty quick. splicing that shit shouldn't take long either. you might need to upgrade your OS...

...but anyway. the poor sap just wants something for his insurance company when he crashes, and he's hoping his is better than the other guys.

(fuck you wankers keep a lot of otherwise irrelevant pricks employed. (cue ocean: explain away insurance, cos economoney))

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    might i suggest that your doing it wrong.
    Probably - as I said, first attempt at video editing

you might need to upgrade your OS...
    That's also pretty likely - it was painfully slow
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    I use one of these as my default insurance claim support weapon.

Ironically, as I haven't had to use any footage yet, nobody has crossed my path that extent.

http://www.innovv.com/the-k

I'm actually not really interested in what it records, until I record something interesting. I ride conservatively, so that's pretty rare.

I've just come off Facebook, after getting hacked. I'm going to live my life without giving a toss about anyone elses life events interfering.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Watch the first 15 seconds to see two idiot drivers... then fast forward to 1min38 secs when the phone rings.

Proof phones and dashcams cause accidents in the near vicinity (sarcasm)... ironic circumstances.... timing.... I giggled anyway....

video link hoodaki not there so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxA8e9kixDs
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2015 Honda CBR650F
    Don't get a GoPro Session, wind noise is unbearable at speeds over 30 km/h.

I will replace my Sena 10S with this when it comes out.

https://www.sena.com/product/10cevo/

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Really? Which countries?
    Soon to be in the Philippines on cars, trucks and buses and I'm picking bikes soon afterwards.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Thread Information