Page 618 of 920 FirstFirst ... 118518568608616617618619620628668718 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 13786

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    You could always elaborate, but I guess that would actually show who the ignorant fucking moron actually is, and you wouldn't want that now would you no, better to hide in the dark corner with the other stupid worlders miserably hissing insults and claiming superiority I swear you fuckwits are getting more pathetic every day.
    You really are the epitome of a psychologists bread and butter - I bet their eyes light up when they meet you! .

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    So if I've got this right ,IMHO;

the bond market is rising at the same time as the stock market , which, when both stocks and bonds go up in value at the same time. That happens when there is too much money or liquidity, chasing too few investments, as is the case at the top of a market and the M2 velocity is tanking ,( M2 includes a broader set of financial assets held principally by households. M2 consists of M1 plus: (1) savings deposits (which include money market deposit accounts, or MMDAs); (2) small-denomination time deposits (time deposits in amounts of less than $100,000); and (3) balances in retail money market mutual funds (MMMFs). Seasonally adjusted M2 is computed by summing savings deposits, small-denomination time deposits, and retail MMMFs, each seasonally adjusted separately and adding this result to seasonally adjusted M1.)

This means if I'm correct , and I may not be ! , You and I havent any money and we are not spending ........., QE, has enabled a few to purchase assets , of which there are fewer and fewer, i.e too much money chasing to few assets ( making the value of the money worthless, strange how they stopped reporting M3 Snip;....... ( Discontinuance of M3 , on March 23, 2006, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System will cease publication of the M3 monetary aggregate. The Board will also cease publishing the following components: large-denomination time deposits, repurchase agreements (RPs), and Eurodollars. The Board will continue to publish institutional money market mutual funds as a memorandum item in this release.

Measures of large-denomination time deposits will continue to be published by the Board in the Flow of Funds Accounts (Z.1 release) on a quarterly basis and in the H.8 release on a weekly basis (for commercial banks).

Now I may be wrong , but this don't look good , we ain't spending , cause we ain't got money , BUT the people who have access to the zero interest money are spending , so much so: there isn't anything left , ( transfer of asset wealth ) and there is a ton of worthless paper money sloshing around looking for work to do , ( housing bubbles anyone? )

Just my opinion , but the 1928 stock market crash happened how ?

The crash followed a speculative boom that had taken hold in the late 1920s. During the later half of the 1920s, steel production, building construction, retail turnover, automobiles registered, even railway receipts advanced from record to record. The combined net profits of 536 manufacturing and trading companies showed an increase, in fact for the first six months of 1929, of 36.6% over 1928, itself a record half-year. Iron and steel led the way with doubled gains. Such figures set up a crescendo of stock-exchange speculation which had led hundreds of thousands of Americans to invest heavily in the stock market. A significant number of them were borrowing money to buy more stocks. By August 1929, brokers were routinely lending small investors more than two-thirds of the face value of the stocks they were buying. Over $8.5 billion was out on loan, more than the entire amount of currency circulating in the U.S. at the time.

So you have a lot of investors using the cheap money , looking for investment , when the man on the street ain't got nothing , this cannot end well .IMHO

ps I had better add that there will be some areas of deflation , cheap shit like tvs , appliances , popped bubbles etc , but the damage IS being caused by inflated money
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d marge View Post
    but the damage IS being caused by money
    Fixed that for ya. Endless production of shit that people figure out that they don't really need and therefore stop buying, is one of the results. Inflated or not, the destination of money goes to those with the money to pay for the idea. Rinse, repeat = 2016

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Clearly there is money around as otherwise run down old bungalows that were worth 500K 3 years ago would not be selling for a million.
    Money in the bank is getting about 2% after tax ( might be dreaming on that much) however my "play" share portfolio (NZX) did 8% after tax for the last year.
    Buying and selling old motorcycles netted almost nothing this year.
    The moneygoround does appear to be running out of steam however I'm sure they will say after Xmas that it was the most ever spent, the Debt Set love spending OPM.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    but the damage IS being caused by inflated money
    What damage?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Clearly there is money around as otherwise run down old bungalows that were worth 500K 3 years ago would not be selling for a million.
    The moneygoround does appear to be running out of steam however I'm sure they will say after Xmas that it was the most ever spent, the Debt Set love spending OPM.
    Quick, build more houses lol.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    What damage?
    That damage over there. Quick. No. Sorry. It's gone again.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Quick, build more houses lol.
    Build more houses...

Oh need more builders, sparkies, plumbers, plasterers etc....so increase immigration, then we'll need more houses
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Money in the bank is getting about 2% after tax ( might be dreaming on that much) however my "play" share portfolio (NZX) did 8% after tax for the last year.
    Buying and selling old motorcycles netted almost nothing this year.
    Supply and demand adds little to the cost, however in this case the purchasing power of the currency is distorting the perceived value
    In other words , ya need a lot more paper to buy the same collection of rotten wood , with the same or slightly more people bidding for it

sent for a divine source
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    What damage?
    Nothing where u reside ...

sent for a divine source

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    That damage over there. Quick. No. Sorry. It's gone again.
    Nothing where u reside ...

sent for a divine source
    Not a straight answer in sight. As usual.

Which demonstrates that the "damage" you two continually wibble on about resides right here in Stupid World.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Not a straight answer in sight. As usual.

Which demonstrates that the "damage" you two continually wibble on about resides right here in Stupid World.
    That because even if it was explained to you , you wouldn't understand

Inflation baby

sent for a divine source

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    That because even if it was explained to you , you wouldn't understand

Inflation baby

sent for a divine source
    Same old bullshit, anything but a straight answer.

Never mind, there's no chance anyone that matters is taking you seriously.

Thread Information