Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big dude

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    No one has suggested the Yamaha XT660X motard or XT660R enduro or XT660Z tenere. The X and R can be found at very reasonable prices. The engine is bullet proof and reliable. It's a big single and has great torque and 47 hp. Also injected. It'll do 100km plus all day long even up decent hills. They are comfortable and roomier than heaps of others. Worth checking out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    ^^^^^^^ What Flash said , ive followed him when he had one and they certainly go well, and would be almost perfect sizing.
    Yep, good call, the XT660X is all of that, good fit for the OP and great value.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Between Rides
    I myself am a big fat git and for three years owned a Hyosung GV250. This bike served me very well, even took it from Auckland to Nelson and back (one of our group mentioned that it deserved a medal for that)
    I then upgraded to a Hyosung ST7 and again it was a great bike, a lot of torque for LAMS approved and went really well.
    Both bikes had the comfort factor, were simple and straight forward, very very economical and ran great in all weathers and conditions.
    It is what suits you mate and what you feel comfortable on, there are far too many biker label junkies out there, mostly snobby Harley riders who I used to laugh at when their bikes wouldn't start in the cold yet mine had no problem at all

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Once you get sorted with a bike and gear, gimme a buzz, and we can go for a ride.
    I will definitely give you a ring, I live on the Kapiti Coast, bout 50kms out of the Welly cbd

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMax View Post
    I myself am a big fat git and for three years owned a Hyosung GV250. This bike served me very well, even took it from Auckland to Nelson and back (one of our group mentioned that it deserved a medal for that)
    I then upgraded to a Hyosung ST7 and again it was a great bike, a lot of torque for LAMS approved and went really well.
    Both bikes had the comfort factor, were simple and straight forward, very very economical and ran great in all weathers and conditions.
    It is what suits you mate and what you feel comfortable on, there are far too many biker label junkies out there, mostly snobby Harley riders who I used to laugh at when their bikes wouldn't start in the cold yet mine had no problem at all
    The gv250 is what originally caught my eye, I just didn't know how it'd handle my size commuting which made me think gv650. It was between the Aquillas or a Suzuki s40 which I hear is a great beginner bike.

I was incredibly skeptical of the Hyosung brand, though, after reading the horror stories, but then I did some soul searching over a roast chicken and it came to me. For every one complaint there could be four extremely happy GV owners.

Was talking to a mate at work and he was telling me about the issues with his Kawa Ninja1000 (pretty sure it's a 1000) and the issues he had, the stator / regulator, rattling from his fuel tank and some others and the issues he had getting them rectified as Kawa didn't deem the issues a major issue so.

Hmmm, that sounds a lot like the feedback Hyosung gets.

So eff it, I'll go park my ass on a Hyo and see how it feels and if the seat makes my ass feel the way my wife makes me feel after a bottle of wine, then I'll give it a go!

Thanks KS everyone!

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngryFits View Post
    The gv250 is what originally caught my eye, I just didn't know how it'd handle my size commuting which made me think gv650. It was between the Aquillas or a Suzuki s40 which I hear is a great beginner bike.

I was incredibly skeptical of the Hyosung brand, though, after reading the horror stories, but then I did some soul searching over a roast chicken and it came to me. For every one complaint there could be four extremely happy GV owners.

Was talking to a mate at work and he was telling me about the issues with his Kawa Ninja1000 (pretty sure it's a 1000) and the issues he had, the stator / regulator, rattling from his fuel tank and some others and the issues he had getting them rectified as Kawa didn't deem the issues a major issue so.

Hmmm, that sounds a lot like the feedback Hyosung gets.

So eff it, I'll go park my ass on a Hyo and see how it feels and if the seat makes my ass feel the way my wife makes me feel after a bottle of wine, then I'll give it a go!

Thanks KS everyone!
    You way the hyo to make your arse feel spent?

Ps. Www.fc-Moto.de are doing a bit of a clearance on Gaerne boots. Ordered some a couple of days ago at half the regular price here.

Might want to buy from a bike shop though if you need to try some on.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    2007 Suzuki LS650 Boulevard
    I'm of similar build and I still have my s40. It does ok over the longer distances, but I found I needed... extra rear protection or the longer rides became rather uncomfortable. That said, with the airhawk I rode ~450km in one day, and was able to sit again in less than an hour after getting home!

That said even at my height (a few cm short of you) I feel the s40 is a little short, though it does mean I can always put a foot down, no matter where I stop! End of the day, until you have done the ride a few times you won't know for sure if it will work or not.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane12 View Post
    I'm of similar build and I still have my s40. It does ok over the longer distances, but I found I needed... extra rear protection or the longer rides became rather uncomfortable. That said, with the airhawk I rode ~450km in one day, and was able to sit again in less than an hour after getting home!

That said even at my height (a few cm short of you) I feel the s40 is a little short, though it does mean I can always put a foot down, no matter where I stop! End of the day, until you have done the ride a few times you won't know for sure if it will work or not.
    Awesome feedback! I've now heard tales from biggies that have ridden the two bikes I'm looking at for myself and on top of that, great feedback regarding where to get gear for said biggies.

This place is amazing

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    I'm 6'5" and was 130kg when I bought my KLR650 new in May last year (a bit lighter now). This latest version has a better seat and greatly uprated suspension over the previous model. I've certainly never bottomed it out. It handles way better than it should for a big trail bike and has no problem hauling me around all day. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a beginner of your size.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieLiere View Post
    приватизация земельных участков 2011

решения судей по делам об административных правонарушениях
    уведомить опекуна о проведении плановой проверки

проблема справедливости в философии
    гибдд официальный сайт штрафы по водительскому

минимальный размер оплаты алиментов на ребенка
    долги у судебных приставов чувашия

судебные решения свердловского областного суда
    Boney M said it best.... ''Oh Those Russians''.

Thread Information