Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dusty Butt DB1K 2017

Bike
    2015 Husqvarna FE 350
    Quote Originally Posted by slicker View Post
    I've used a phone like that too. It will get hard to read with dust on it and the sun in the wrong place. Can you adjust the angle on the move? I've seen some with shades mounted to make it easier to read too.
    Ever done 500kms on a Husky saddle?
    Yeah,it'snot ideal in direct sunlight. I can adjust the angle on the fly, and I have a charging cable linked up, so I can run it on full brightness.

As for the Husky saddle... I am worried about that, hahahaha

I have however come from a mountain biking background and a Husky saddle is a lot more comfortable than a bicycle saddle, hahaha

Bike
    2015 Husqvarna FE 350
    I can't wait!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dusty Butt Checkpoints.PNG 
Views:	109 
Size:	713.3 KB 
ID:	328409

Bike
    2015 Husqvarna FE 350
    Based on the mixed riding conditions, what tyres do you guys run, and at what pressure?

I'm running Motoz Tractionator Desets HT's. When I ride the loose pebbley stuff on the Waimak I like them at about 13 psi. But if there is tarmac involved, I would probably run them a fair bit harder.

Also, is anyone riding down from Christchurch to Fairlie on Thursday?

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    My advice is find a pressure and stick to it because you will get sick of changing it everytime you hit seal and vice versa. I ran mine reasonably high to avoid pinch flats except last year on the BMW when they were run at 15psi on tubeless tyres.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    EXC450
    I run 25psi in any tyres on the DB. You don't want a flat, it will make you day even longer. There is only 1 muddy section that soft pressures would help and it is only a few hundred metres long. For peace of mind stick to high pressures.

Bike
    '08 KTM 690E

agree

yup keep the front pressure up and starting our with new tyres you really won't need the traction from a soft tyre. My strategy for tyres (besides new MT21 front running 26psi -ish) also includes a new mitas e09 Dakar rear with dual rim locks. These tyres are incredibily tough and considering it took 3 mechanics to get the damn thing on, I ain't doing anything in the field. These tyres can get a flat and you'd never know (hence the twin rim locks). DB1K is mainly gravel, hard pack dirt and rock. Grass and mud is a very small percentage and from memory, there is always a chance to get a run at it and keep momentum..which is everything in my book.
    ...back in the saddle, and getting a little!

Bike
    Transalp 600, WR250R
    On Thursday I'm travelling from Rangiora to Fairlie on the inland scenic route.

Bike
    2015 Husqvarna FE 350
    Quote Originally Posted by andy mac View Post
    On Thursday I'm travelling from Rangiora to Fairlie on the inland scenic route.
    I've just checked on google maps and Chch to Fairlie is only 30km (and 20min) more via the Inland Scenic Route. We may just do the same.

Bike
    Guzzi Daytona

inland route

what time are you passing thru oxford ...am also riding inland to fairlie
    Work to ride
    Ride to work

Thread Information