Thread: Ktm690

Bike
    KTM530EXC

Ktm690

Has anyone had one of these? Duke or Enduro.

Duke: http://www.cycleworld.com/what-ive-b...6-ktm-690-duke

Enduro R:
    http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2015/...ns-highlights/
    http://www.ktm.com/us/enduro/690-enduro-r-2016/
    http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...0-Enduro-R.htm

I heard the 2016 ones have a balance shaft. Is it really necessary I wonder ...
    May get me an older one secondhand.
    Anything to watch out for in the older ones? Vibration, reliability, for example?
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    When the 690 Duke first came out the tests talked about the lack of vibration for a single. It had a balancer shaft. The tests will still be online. "The single that thinks it's a twin" was one headline.

The 2016 version has two balancer shafts and is apparently smoother, but the optimistic comments about the earlier one make for a degree of caution.

Having said that, it's on my list of potential replacements for my current bike.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Yeah, I have seen various tests - mostly pretty good in all aspects. I worry a bit about high mileage examples though. But I have always liked big singles. Just so easy to live with / work on etc. But wire throttle would be new to me. Still, its an amazing machine, as is the Husq 701.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Would like a Huskty 701....

Those KTMs are pretty highly tuned, would want to see some sort of service history. Top end is known weakness at higher km, listen for bad noises.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Buell XB12X 'Black Betty'
    I have put 12K km on a '15 DukeR.
    Bloody smooth, even better than BMW F700 twin.
    Really awesome power and delivery, a total hoon of a bike with good manners, fine handling and very light and nimble.

Can't say if the EndoR is similar, hear a lot of dis satisfaction from owners, on the web.( the dirt boys are bloody hard to please but........)
    I'm no gynaecologist, however I would be happy to take a look......................

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatijim View Post
    I have put 12K km on a '15 DukeR.

Really awesome power and delivery, a total hoon of a bike with good manners, fine handling and very light and nimble.

All true but yours has been fiddled with, n'est pas?
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Thread Information