Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: House buying

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Ya don't need it or marg.

only have it for cooking or when having crumpet
    what the fuck else would i use it for? i don't eat bread...
    and margarine is five kinds of homogenised cancer-causing arse.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    It is possible to make your own if you think there are savings to be had doing it that way..
    no shit. but what the fuck am i going to do with a gallon of skim milk??

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    no shit. but what the fuck am i going to do with a gallon of skim milk??
    Dry it & smoke it?

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Keep the smart cookie on....

allow to pay at double current rate.

if you can pay off at a faster rate, then do so earlier the better. At least that's what I am doing. Sacrifice some things now for faster and less $ overall paid

pays to ask bank questions, you may get a better deal. You can always go back along the way and restructure, you just need to ask, the asset isn't going away. Bank fell over themselves when I put a plan in front of them.

if things turn to bad custard you can always sell asset and move on.
    Yeeep, not so attached to it that I would keep it and sink. Paying it off as fast as I can, while still having a tiny bit of play money to enjoy. Work unexpectedly came to the party last week and upped my salary after year-end review, which I was not expecting based on only having been there for 6 months... I like these guys and am glad I decided to work for them.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Dry it & smoke it?
    im not sure you comprehend how milk solids work

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    im not sure you comprehend how milk solids work
    Care to demonstrate how you would milk a solid?

Bike
    S1000RR
    Ok, how about plaster house. Is the "Plaster house leaks" rumour still valid? It's plaster over 50mm AAC panel.

What are your thoughts?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Ok, how about plaster house. Is the "Plaster house leaks" rumour still valid? It's plaster over 50mm AAC panel.

What are your thoughts?
    shit.

they're shit.

it was the lack of eaves that fucken shat it for those plans. oh. and internal gutters.

but nah. fuck chilli bin houses.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944

What are your thoughts?
    Biggest question is when was it built?

If it has eaves, and the windows aren't slotted in from the outside and sealed with silicone, then it might be ok and a building report with moisture testing will usually find any issues. As far as the framing issues are concerned, most of them were sorted by adding battens to create an air gap to the cladding unlike the 90's poly or hardies direct on to framing, much like was always done with brick houses.

For reference purposes, I lived in the first house (normal house with eaves and plaster over poly) and there were no issues, the second one is for sale stupid cheap and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	House1.PNG 
Views:	36 
Size:	572.8 KB 
ID:	331719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house2.PNG 
Views:	39 
Size:	547.9 KB 
ID:	331720  
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    S1000RR
    Just thought I'd further contribute to this thread if anybody is interested.

Just a little background about my situation: I'm a first home buyer. Scraping every cent off KiwiSaver I can and sucking every dollar out of Home Start Grant then breaking my piggy bank to gather 10% deposit.

So the vendor accepted my offer last week and have gone conditional.

So far I've been running around calling here and there sorting out lawyer, building inspection, LIM report etc. Been busy. Driving me nuts.

I just want to say tho, sorting insurance was the easiest. I went with Amicus brokers and literally (I mean literally) I got pre-approval granted in 5 minutes. Because the house was a new build they didn't had to go through EQC documents, Geotech reports or other paperwork. The broker just said "that's good enough I have authority to grant it on the spot. I'll send the confirmation/ certificate of currency now". Couldn't have been easier. Ordering a sandwich from Subway was more complicated in comparison.

Pre-purchase building inspection is being done through Property Check. They were very prompt and is scheduled to be done today.

Also I'm getting my mortgage through Simon from Loan Market. He is awesome. Again, very prompt and he knows what he's doing. Highly recommended.

I'm doing my lawyer stuff through Cameron and Co. The guy who works there is a real good friend of mine. Been working day and night sorting all paperwork behind the scene. Texts me every updates like NZ Courier tracking. Never missed my calls.

Fingers crossed.

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    Good luck. Is that the place near me?

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    Good luck. Is that the place near me?
    Thanks! Yeah. If Usain Bolt can run through walls, he could get to your house in 10 seconds.

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    Will have to point the bike exhausts at your open windows when warming them up.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

What are your thoughts?
    The panels are a good substrate for plaster as they are a very similar product and it will be installed on a cavity system which gives the panels better integrity as they don't have to flex every which way with the timber framing. They will be probably either 50 or 70 mm thick. So long as the windows are installed correctly you should be sweet, no doubt your builders report will go into all this in great depth. Is it double glazed and when is the housewarming?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    The panels are a good substrate for plaster as they are a very similar product and it will be installed on a cavity system which gives the panels better integrity as they don't have to flex every which way with the timber framing. They will be probably either 50 or 70 mm thick. So long as the windows are installed correctly you should be sweet, no doubt your builders report will go into all this in great depth. Is it double glazed and when is the housewarming?
    Yeah it's built to latest building standards so I'm not too fussy. Yes it's double glazed and depends on when the next CC Challenge to the Bluff is.

Thread Information